What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Man you sound like a professional airman.
Could u plz explain to me the science of callsigns how they work and why are they needed in the first place.
I have been dying to learn about this.
Callsigns are used to identify aircrafts and avoid problems as multiple are operating in an airspace.
In the given case,Python 2-3 means the object plane was number 3 of Flight number 2 of the Package(consisting of more than 1 flights where 1 flight consists of 4 aircrafts).Hope u got that
P.s I inquired about this flight and you made right guess about it yesterday (just got updated)

Last edited:
So callsigns are assigned at random???

Callsigns are used to identify aircrafts and avoid problems as multiple are operating in an airspace.
In the given case,Python 2-3 means the object plane was number 3 of Flight number 2 of the Package(consisting of more than 1 flights where 1 flight consists of 4 aircrafts).Hope u got that
P.s I inquired about this flight and you made right guess about it yesterday (just got updated)

"I inquired about this flight and you made right guess about it yesterday" Sir! does this implies that aircrafts were really flying because of india mean it was not a training mission but a precautionary measure ? :sniper::unsure:

Nah..i dont think so,the flight was atleast of 8 aircrafts cuz the pilot i heard on ATC was Python 2-3 and he was intercepting someone(cant remember which callsign) so probably some friendly sortie.I'll get the details when I'll meet any of my source as such stuff isnt shared on texts and social media.
Technical violations- at least a 100 of them over a year and depending upon state of relations; we scramble.

The thankful bit is that compared to yr 2000, we are much more capable of actually stopping something real in its tracks. Otherwise it was the 30 odd serviceable F-16s and the rest were Allah hi reham kare.

Well
That would be an exaggeration with the Rose mirages.

A very untrue observation. In my issb test, son of corps cmndr and a maj gen were present, in total 6 from army back ground me included, and only 1 got selected. Both sons of lt gen and maj gen were left out. This is not true. We r 4 bros, all tried, just 1 got in.

Hi,

I think that is more for the sake of drama than any real thing behind it---.

My father was a doctor---many uncles were doctors---all the discussion in the house was of medicine---surgery---sickness and treatment---. I knew more than fresh MBBS doctors about general medicine when I completed my 12th grade.

At that time there were 5 reserved seats in each medical college for docotrs sons or daughters---. I would have been a wonderful doctor---I blundered.

Tactically---sons of military personal are more dedicated and professional---so this drama of not being selected is fraudulent by the issb---. They gain nothing by rejecting an officers son or daughter.

In UK---USA---it is a tradition of sons going into the military---and many have generations of proven service---.

I can guarantee that the son of a general grade officer or an officer otherwise---would be a better officer and would have a better command and knowledge of affairs being born in the generals household most of the time if groomed properly right from the gitgo.

IMG_20170805_084545.jpeg

PAF C-130 Taking Part in Exercise Mobility Guardian in USA

Quote Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:42 am

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Lockheed C-130E Hercules serial number 4159 photographed at McChord Air Force Base, Lakewood, Washington, USA, on August 2, 2017.

36299369356_50c96835be_o.jpeg

Technical violations- at least a 100 of them over a year and depending upon state of relations; we scramble.

The thankful bit is that compared to yr 2000, we are much more capable of actually stopping something real in its tracks. Otherwise it was the 30 odd serviceable F-16s and the rest were Allah hi reham kare.

Well
That would be an exaggeration with the Rose mirages.
Yeah but this one was over Lahore which u know,is a critical place.

"I inquired about this flight and you made right guess about it yesterday" Sir! does this implies that aircrafts were really flying because of india mean it was not a training mission but a precautionary measure ? :sniper::unsure:
PAF doesnt trains over lahore unless its some major exercise(mostly highmark),so yeah issues from eastern border.

PAF doesnt trains over lahore unless its some major exercise(mostly highmark),so yeah issues from eastern border.
To an extent I guess Lahore could be classified critical. Although these guys on the east are less into actual wartime targets from the eastern front and more focused on cherry point scoring against what they classify as terror targets.

What they don't realize is that all these "limited" air actions suit the PAF better than them, we maintain parity in those scenarios.

Even with limited capabilities such as those ten years ago, their cock-a-snoot flight after 26/11 was intercepted and trailed all the way across the border, near Kharian and back out from what I heard whilst our dear khappay was sweating his head about on what to do.

To an extent I guess Lahore could be classified critical. Although these guys on the east are less into actual wartime targets from the eastern front and more focused on cherry point scoring against what they classify as terror targets.

What they don't realize is that all these "limited" air actions suit the PAF better than them, we maintain parity in those scenarios.

Even with limited capabilities such as those ten years ago, their cock-a-snoot flight after 26/11 was intercepted and trailed all the way across the border, near Kharian and back out from what I heard whilst our dear khappay was sweating his head about on what to do.

This is exactly what happens when delusional politicians, stoked from their newly inked multi-billion dollar deal of French aircraft, consider themselves already invincible and order surgical strikes. The poor democracy loving airmen and soldiers have no option but to comply but putting on a sham.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

It's really nice to see the J-20s in recent clips and pics on the web. Re-assuring that the Chinese are comfortable enough to have these media made public. It most likely means they are working on updates and that these current platforms are NOT the cutting edge of what China has.

As it relates to the PAF, maybe a J-10C wouldn't be so bad? Obviously, I'm not aware of the quality and ultimately the effectivness, of these Chinese systems; and would say they are historically inferior to Western hardware. But its 2017, and perhaps that is no longer the case?

From the Russian and Chinese options: J-10B/C, Mig-35, Su-30SME, Su-35.

The J-10 B/C seems to be the most logisitically favorable one. Maybe its time to commit?

http://www.eastpendulum.com/ce-que-pensent-les-pilotes-de-leur-j-20

Just wanted to add this link. Interesting read.

Last edited:
It's really nice to see the J-20s in recent clips and pics on the web. Re-assuring that the Chinese are comfortable enough to have these media made public. It most likely means they are working on updates and that these current platforms are NOT the cutting edge of what China has.

As it relates to the PAF, maybe a J-10C wouldn't be so bad? Obviously, I'm not aware of the quality and ultimately the effectivness, of these Chinese systems; and would say they are historically inferior to Western hardware. But its 2017, and perhaps that is no longer the case?

The J-10 B/C seems to be the most logisitically favorable one. Maybe its time to commit?
Paf already has 2 types of 4th gen single engine fighters

Hi,

The enemy just wanted to check out the response time---the numberof respondents---and the type of aircraft.

Completely agreed...though i was told lahore falls under "very critical" category.
With ADAs active,nothing to worry about.

http://www.eastpendulum.com/ce-que-pensent-les-pilotes-de-leur-j-20

Just wanted to add this link. Interesting read.
J10 option long gone,Su30 not possible the same way India wont get F16s and su35 operating costs are too heavy for PAF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom