What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

its amazing to read the rubbish people write here.
jf17 is not a good platform
PAF lacks medium fighters
PAF is outmatched by india
PAF doesn't stick a chance

all written by Pakistanis. well guess what that same airforce has defended your skies. the enemy dares not cross the border. why? did you stop for one moment to think if PAF was that weak why the Indians are not bombing us daily? please unless you have credible information don't write such rubbish.
if the government asked you all tomorrow to contribute to an airforce fund you all with your families will be the first to complain of taxes. shocking behaviour
Dear brother,
Jf-17 is a great bird and blessing for Pakistan . After that other 3 points :
Yes we lacks medium fighters and heavy fighters , Its a reality if you don't want to see it its up to you.
Yes PAF is outmatched , Not only in numbers but also quality and technology . Established Fact.
3rd (last one) if you take out religion and have materialistic approach , that is also a hurting reality.
IAF is not bombing us because we are not at war sir, and Yes PAF is there for defend our air space May Allah Bless them for that.
And then the fund or contribution , that is what I am asking , just look at IAF they have almost every type of bird and in good numbers too but there airchief always cry that we don't have enough . Why not we do the same and start telling the truth and start building up. Isn't it better to face bitter truth instead of false paradise.
countries with econmies like pakistan cant even afford an airforce to begin with!
e.g Bangladesh
however, having said that there is no doubt that PAF is the most neglected branch of pak armed forces even though air forces are suppose to be the most important branch when you are facing a large enemy. so joint chief of armed forces need to get his act together and balance out the current resources more in favor of air force instead of pak army.

Few days back I posted a thread about corruption in waste company in Lahore and the figure is 1 billion $$$$$ . There are many thing wrong with our economy , but we are not that poor . Proper management can do wonders , Current ACM did many great things , one of them is the CITY which he is building , May Allah Bless Him for that.

Sir , I can go on with you for whole year debating on this , But I chose not to. We will never match or catch Indians in numbers but the quality edge we had , we lost it and lost it badly.
Dear brother , the concept of "Defending Force" only is against Islam , Islamic teachings and warfare principles . Please tell me one thing 50 SU-30 attacking what will you do defend or air refuel ? JF-17 no doubt a great bird but its a light fighter which spouse to take on Migs and Jags and Max M2K of IAF that's it.
And one more thing for you "Have your horses ready" and horse is a machine .
And I have one more question , What if our advancing forces need air support deep in Indian territory? what bird PAF will use ? and what if IAF send birds to defend?
You said 10 J-31 will have the difference !! ok I agree !! But when will we have them?????

Remember Ghazwa-e-Khandaq?

Pakistan isn't Iraq where 700 coalition planes bombed Baghdad with impunity and they could only respond with ineffective AA gun fire.

Bringing down a complex radar surveillance system is quite a bit more complicated than what the Indians can achieve. And in the future we will only keep getting better with HQ-9 HQ-26 etc. Pakistan is a Alhamdolillah a very well defended airspace because for our little size we have a disproportionately dense SAM coverage, which will Insha Allah keep getting better. BTW, we have indigenous customizations on the HQ-16 to integrate it with link 17. We are going for indigenous development of advanced MLRS rockets which may be used for low level aerial threats as well. And as our relationship becomes stronger with Russia, we will gain EW technology from them as well.

I already explained that JF-17 is quite capable of taking on SU-30 today. With Block 3 its lethality will only increase.

The army is going for attack helos and droned. Once GIDS produces a MALE and then a HALE drone, the army won't need as much support from PAF, Insha Allah. And over time they should invest in mobile SAMS to defend against Indian jets. Meanwhile they already have kills under their caps using MANPADs. Too bad for the Indians.

The J-31 shall be ready exactly when we need them. The game the Indians are playing with Rafale is of EW. You don't need jet fighters for that you need latest gen ECM and ECCM for that. Cue AESA radars.

How much tax do you pay?
What is the budget of the PaF and are you aware of it?
Can you advise the EXACT expenditures of the PAF?

Seems your statements should reflect your knowledge so lets have it

The thing is, if new fighter jets were absolutely crucial to our survival, they would be made available by hook or by crook. Buying 8 submarines in one go along with upgrades on Agostas was unprecedented but it got done. If we don't have latest jets, it means in the order of highly needed weapons, they are slightly lower in rank. And it also means our posters are fretting about the wrong threats.

Pakistan isn't Iraq where 700 coalition planes bombed Baghdad with impunity and they could only respond with ineffective AA gun fire.

Bringing down a complex radar surveillance system is quite a bit more complicated than what the Indians can achieve. And in the future we will only keep getting better with HQ-9 HQ-26 etc. Pakistan is a Alhamdolillah a very well defended airspace because for our little size we have a disproportionately dense SAM coverage, which will Insha Allah keep getting better. BTW, we have indigenous customizations on the HQ-16 to integrate it with link 17. We are going for indigenous development of advanced MLRS rockets which may be used for low level aerial threats as well. And as our relationship becomes stronger with Russia, we will gain EW technology from them as well.

I already explained that JF-17 is quite capable of taking on SU-30 today. With Block 3 its lethality will only increase.

The army is going for attack helos and droned. Once GIDS produces a MALE and then a HALE drone, the army won't need as much support from PAF, Insha Allah. And over time they should invest in mobile SAMS to defend against Indian jets. Meanwhile they already have kills under their caps using MANPADs. Too bad for the Indians.

The J-31 shall be ready exactly when we need them. The game the Indians are playing with Rafale is of EW. You don't need jet fighters for that you need latest gen ECM and ECCM for that. Cue AESA radars.

The thing is, if new fighter jets were absolutely crucial to our survival, they would be made available by hook or by crook. Buying 8 submarines in one go along with upgrades on Agostas was unprecedented but it got done. If we don't have latest jets, it means in the order of highly needed weapons, they are slightly lower in rank. And it also means our posters are fretting about the wrong threats.
Our posters are generally angry uninformed young men frustrated with society but unwilling to do anything beyond rant about it online.
If they truly thought the PAF wasn't doing enough to protect them, they would go outside AHQ and protest there.

Doesn't mean they even have the prerequisite idea what they are talking about, but as is with most online posters- they'll skim two words here and four there and consider that they have an informed opinion on the subject.

Dear brother,
Jf-17 is a great bird and blessing for Pakistan . After that other 3 points :
Yes we lacks medium fighters and heavy fighters , Its a reality if you don't want to see it its up to you.
Yes PAF is outmatched , Not only in numbers but also quality and technology . Established Fact.
3rd (last one) if you take out religion and have materialistic approach , that is also a hurting reality.
IAF is not bombing us because we are not at war sir, and Yes PAF is there for defend our air space May Allah Bless them for that.
And then the fund or contribution , that is what I am asking , just look at IAF they have almost every type of bird and in good numbers too but there airchief always cry that we don't have enough . Why not we do the same and start telling the truth and start building up. Isn't it better to face bitter truth instead of false paradise.

Few days back I posted a thread about corruption in waste company in Lahore and the figure is 1 billion $$$$$ . There are many thing wrong with our economy , but we are not that poor . Proper management can do wonders , Current ACM did many great things , one of them is the CITY which he is building , May Allah Bless Him for that.
dear brother.....thank you for your kind reply. I wholeheartedly agree with you that we need medium to heavy fighters with greater emphasis on technology. PAF also understands this. but due to limited resources i.e funds and sanctions etc we are unable to go to open market and tender like most countries do.
Pakistan has developed the JF17 into a creditable and capable fighter. we are not putting on air to air refuelling probes for point defence. PAF always say this that we are a defensive force but do you remember when India was threatening us at the Time of general Musharraf he on open channels ordered the airfoce that if attacked we hit their bases and keep hitting them. we have the capability and our adversaries know this. but now to the point of better aircraft and corruption. I am with totally with you.
if I had it my way I would get rid (one bullet to the back of the head) of every politician and develop new generation of politicians. our youth are generally good they are destroyed by the elders who simply refuse to change.

its amazing to read the rubbish people write here.
jf17 is not a good platform
PAF lacks medium fighters
PAF is outmatched by india
PAF doesn't stick a chance

all written by Pakistanis. well guess what that same airforce has defended your skies. the enemy dares not cross the border. why? did you stop for one moment to think if PAF was that weak why the Indians are not bombing us daily? please unless you have credible information don't write such rubbish.
if the government asked you all tomorrow to contribute to an airforce fund you all with your families will be the first to complain of taxes. shocking behaviour
it is not the air force indians are afraid of . firing is a common practice across the LOC but the neither the indians and nor the pakistanis are using their air forces because the use of the air forces makes the situation worse and an all out war will break out. such a war can turn into a nuclear war and millions will die. indians are not that much idiot to start a nuclear war with pakistan. so the reason they dont cross the border is not that they are afraid of paf but because of the nuclear war which will be MAD. dont compare the air forces of 65 with the present time. in 65 we had numerical inferiority but technical superiority . right now we are inferior in both sectors. in 99 this inferiority was at its worst that's why paf avoided the conflict because a professional soldier knows when to get into conflict and when to avoid it. read kaisar tufail 's blog about the paf and the kargil war and you will get a good picture.
paf is good and improving but not at the pace her adversary is making progress although iaf is full of corruption also.

as far as donation of the funds for the air force are concerned i wont pay a penny till the time all the corrupt elite of pakistan dont bring the looted money and donate it for the betterment of pakistan and the pak military also reduces her expenditure on just protocols.

many of the posters here have typical mind set of living in dream world . making tall claims that we are the best. we are ready. we will defend every inch of the country but when something like abbotabad incident or salala incidents happen they go into hiding for sometime waiting for the nest 23 march parade to come back with their claims. i dont say that half glass is empty but i admit that the empty portion needs to be filled.

off topic but as you have mentioned ghaawa e khandaq because over here you are using it to support your statments but you shouldn't talk about it as we badly lost our ghazwa e khandaq after 9/11 when we were told that "either you are with us or you are with them" and the whole world knows our response. dont want to discuss it over here. dont use religion when it suits you.

it is not the air force indians are afraid of . firing is a common practice across the LOC but the neither the indians and nor the pakistanis are using their air forces because the use of the air forces makes the situation worse and an all out war will break out. such a war can turn into a nuclear war and millions will die. indians are not that much idiot to start a nuclear war with pakistan. so the reason they dont cross the border is not that they are afraid of paf but because of the nuclear war which will be MAD. dont compare the air forces of 65 with the present time. in 65 we had numerical inferiority but technical superiority . right now we are inferior in both sectors. in 99 this inferiority was at its worst that's why paf avoided the conflict because a professional soldier knows when to get into conflict and when to avoid it. read kaisar tufail 's blog about the paf and the kargil war and you will get a good picture.
paf is good and improving but not at the pace her adversary is making progress although iaf is full of corruption also.

as far as donation of the funds for the air force are concerned i wont pay a penny till the time all the corrupt elite of pakistan dont bring the looted money and donate it for the betterment of pakistan and the pak military also reduces her expenditure on just protocols.

many of the posters here have typical mind set of living in dream world . making tall claims that we are the best. we are ready. we will defend every inch of the country but when something like abbotabad incident or salala incidents happen they go into hiding for sometime waiting for the nest 23 march parade to come back with their claims. i dont say that half glass is empty but i admit that the empty portion needs to be filled.
And when the Indian had nukes and we didn't? WhAt was stopping them then. Even though our air force was in poor state.
Yes they have th bird but look at their maintenance and air worthy aircraft. Pilot training etc. Put you or me in a racing car won't make us a champ racing driver will it.

If you won't pay a penny until the loot returns then I suggest we all stay quiet on acquisition. Most people have forgotten the force multipliers acquire such as Awacs and refulers. This gives us eyes and depth.
Yes we could do with new bird but who will sell then even if we have the money

And when the Indian had nukes and we didn't? WhAt was stopping them then. Even though our air force was in poor state.
Yes they have th bird but look at their maintenance and air worthy aircraft. Pilot training etc. Put you or me in a racing car won't make us a champ racing driver will it.

If you won't pay a penny until the loot returns then I suggest we all stay quiet on acquisition. Most people have forgotten the force multipliers acquire such as Awacs and refulers. This gives us eyes and depth.
Yes we could do with new bird but who will sell then even if we have the money
the thing that makes both of us fearful is mutually assured destruction from each others nukes.. they are not idiots like some of the members here on pdf for whom war is like a hollywood movie

the thing that makes both of us fearful is mutually assured destruction from each others nukes.. they are not idiots like some of the members here on pdf for whom war is like a hollywood movie
Yes I agree
But when our air force was in trouble. No spares. No new aircraft. No nukes and they had nukes why didn't they take us

people need to understand yes we need a medium multi role fighter Yes Jf-17 is not a great bird but it is good enough J-10 would have been good for PAF 7 years ago not now buying new plane it's need training money and 5 to 6 year time which is not sensible and as for JF-17 why don't people under because of it we have aeronautical industry that's is more beneficial for us else we still be playing planes from china.JF-17 is good but it would be better with few updates like new engine with more thrust helmet mounted sight and AESA radar which are coming with new block

PAF can not acquire a J-10 now in 5 to 6 year time period 5th generation plane are coming so we need to save money to buy J-31 that will work for US

And AS IAF goes i don't even know what the hell they are thing off they are have M-29 mirage 2000 SU-29 Mig-21 and rafales that is a mess on it's on right because you have too many planes to maintain and you don't make them in your own country

Last edited:
JF17 cost per copy 35M $
IMG_20170612_225041.jpeg

I think 560 million / 16 aircraft eq 35 million per plane but its complete price with support, training , spares and weapons

Assuming 1-3 years support package ??

Back
Top Bottom