What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

- Sir the pic you shared have serial number 1702 which might mean the second aircraft, as per some previous reports we have to deliver Ruby Jet by the end of this June so going by this pic presence of at least 2 ready for delivery jets is confirmed for first batch, but chances are there for at least one more RUBY jet for Myanmar Air force in this first batch ready for delivery
- this also indicating the pattern of serial numbering for Myanmar Air force

Apart from these Myanmar thunders. Can any body explain me if a engine service life before first over haul is 8-900 hrs how it comes in around 7-8 years. If the aircrafts fly 3-4 hrs daily in two flights minimum then around 120 hrs it flies in a month and in a year it comes out 1400-1450 hrs then it should complete it's life much before a year. Is the flying hour is more than an hr. I have no idea plz any body clarify my confusion .

Apart from these Myanmar thunders. Can any body explain me if a engine service life before first over haul is 8-900 hrs how it comes in around 7-8 years. If the aircrafts fly 3-4 hrs daily in two flights minimum then around 120 hrs it flies in a month and in a year it comes out 1400-1450 hrs then it should complete it's life much before a year. Is the flying hour is more than an hr. I have no idea plz any body clarify my confusion .
Who said they fly daily for tht long. On avg PAF fighter pilots clock 180-220 flying hours per YEAR. so by that comparison engine usage is same and tht is why overhauling is after 7-8 years.

Does PAF operates one pilot one aircraft. No sir PAF has cockpit to pilot ratio of 1:3. 200 hrs means less than half hr daily for one pilot. Needs more clarification

Does PAF operates one pilot one aircraft. No sir PAF has cockpit to pilot ratio of 1:3. 200 hrs means less than half hr daily for one pilot. Needs more clarification
Yaar fighter pilots r less. Transport aircraft kae pilots koo na compare karoo, then helicopter kae alag pilots hain, kuch deportation per hotay hain, training academy have much high flying hrs obviously.

They dont fly as u r imaging. I am near jf-17 base and i can assure u they dont fly round the day and for 7 days a week. 2-3 break days, sometimes lot of flying and sometimes just a few flights a day.

Recent photos taken by Chengdu city spotters show that the first JF-17 aircraft for the Burmese Air Force is now out of the assembly line and is entering Flight tests.

The acquisition of the JF-17 by the Burmese armed forces was confirmed by their officers in November 2016 at the last Air Show in Zhuhai , without revealing the details. But we are talking about a contract on a total of 16 devices to 35 million USD piece by local sources close to the file.
IMG_20170614_091938.jpeg

JF-17
The first JF-17M (?) Is preparing on the tarmac of the Factory 132 in Chengdu (Photo: 背心 背心)
The exterior elements of this first JF-17M (?) Indicate that it is a Block II standard device. Originally developed by the 611 Chengdu Institute of the Chinese aircraft manufacturer AVIC for the needs of the Pakistani Air Force, the JF-17 Block II includes a detachable refueling pole, an improved avionics suite that allows the aircraft To exchange data with the AWACS ZDK-03 , a wider range of Air-Surface weapons and electronic warfare pods.

The mere fact that Burmese air forces have no airplanes or AWACS at the moment, and that this first aircraft is being manufactured in Chengdu, China, and not Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) in Kamra, suggests that Burma would have Requested customized changes based on the Block II standard, changes that require the first copies to be made by the design office and the original factory.

JF-17

JF-17
The JF-17 Block II customized for the Burmese Air Force is in flight to Chengdu (Photos: 中保镖 保镖)

Apart from Pakistan and Burma as the first and second customer of this light combat aircraft designed exclusively for the export market by the Chinese aircraft manufacturer, Nigeria also unblocked in 2016 the federal budget for the purchase of three JF -17 and thus becomes the third country to acquire the aircraft.

Sri Lanka, which appears to be interested in acquiring six JF-17s, has allegedly sent pilots to China to carry out tests.

To be continued.

Henri K.

Air Platforms

Images show Myanmar Air Force JF-17/FC-1 conducting flight tests in China

Gabriel Dominguez, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

14 June 2017

Images have emerged showing what appears to be one of the first JF-17/FC-1 fighters on order for the MAF conducting test flights in China. Source: Via zhaizou.com website

Images have emerged on Chinese online forums showing what appears to be one of the first Pakistan Aeronautical Complex/Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (PAC/CAC) JF-17 Thunder/FC-1 Xiaolong multirole combat aircraft on order for the Myanmar Air Force (MAF) conducting test flights in China.

Released around 13 June the images show a single-seat JF-17/FC-1 with the standard camouflage and tail insignia of the MAF being flight-tested at what appears to be CAC's airfield in Chengdu.

Diplomatic sources told Jane's in December 2015 that Myanmar had signed a contract earlier that year for 16 such aircraft at a unit cost of USD16 million.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, sources told Jane's in February 2017 that these aircraft will be of the Block II variant, which was first rolled out from the PAC's Kamra plant in 2015 and which, unlike the Block I variant, features an air-to-air refuelling capability and improved avionics and electronics.

China's state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) - CAC's parent company - is believed to also be providing technical assistance to Myanmar as the aircraft replaces the MAF's ageing Chengdu J-7 fighters, which were exported as the F-7M Airguard and acquired in the 1990s.

Myanmar is widely believed to be the first export customer for the Sino-Pakistani fighter, deliveries of which are expected to begin before the end of 2017.

1704215_-_maim.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom