What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Hi,

In pakistan---there might be ' some good news ' coming our way.

Before the other party could tell me what it was---I told them to stop---I don't want to know what it is.
What ????????????? You asked them to stop ? For GOD sake ask that guy again and please ask him to tell what is the news. Or at least ask him is the news related to new Fighter Jet because I have some information of my own so I want to see whether we have same information or not

What ????????????? You asked them to stop ? For GOD sake ask that guy again and please ask him to tell what is the news. Or at least ask him is the news related to new Fighter Jet because I have some information of my own so I want to see whether we have same information or not
Why don't you two exchange that news on private chat and if it's legitimate then let us know also
Thx

Hi,

I have my reasons for not pursuing the info---. What if the info was too sensitive---?

Air-Launched Weapons
IDEX 2017: China's FT-12 glide bomb gets rocket booster
Richard D Fisher Jr, Abu Dhabi - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
23 February 2017

1699101_-_main.jpg

The ALIT official said this is the more accurate of the two images of the FT-12 used on the promotional leaflet for the weapon. Source: ALIT

China's rocket-boosted precision-guided glide bomb, the Fei Teng FT-12, was revealed at the IDEX show in Abu Dhabi by China Aerospace Long-March International Trade Co, Ltd (ALIT), the marketing arm of the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC).

While the existence of an FT-12 glide bomb has been previously reported, this is the first time that it has been clearly stated that it is rocket-boosted.

An ALIT official told Jane's at IDEX said this latest FT-12 variant was completed about one year ago and that a "Chinese customer" has only purchased a small quantity.

Looking to add value to their precision-guided bomb series, designers from the China Academy of Launch Technology added a "5-10 kg" rocket motor to the FT-12, according to an ALIT official.

An ALIT brochure states that a release velocity of 600-1,000 km/h, which gives the 700 kg FT-12 a maximum range of 150 km. This figure, however, would depend on the size of the rocket booster and launch altitude.

ALIT states that the FT-12 can attack fixed targets with a circular error probability (CEP) of 20 m using a GPS/INS guidance system.

stock-photo-149210389.jpg

Finally found a clear picture of the flir herk.

Stranger 12 is this C-130's callsign, and the Brite Star EO/IR Turret (below the chin) can track a single person from a safe height of over 12,000 ft, which is quite useful for us. The video feed from FLIR pod can also be transmitted live to the ground troops in the vicinity, according to a PDF member.

Photo by Syed Danish.

View attachment 379533

Finally found a clear picture of the flir herk.

Stranger 12 is this C-130's callsign, and the Brite Star EO/IR Turret (below the chin) can track a single person from a safe height of over 12,000 ft, which is quite useful for us. The video feed from FLIR pod can also be transmitted live to the ground troops in the vicinity, according to a PDF member.

Photo by Syed Danish.

Do we need "Uncle SAM" approval to Convert these Bulls in to Ac-130? if ever plans to?

Do we need "Uncle SAM" approval to Convert these Bulls in to Ac-130? if ever plans to?

To be honest, yes we need their approval to heavily modify the herks, and congress will surely make a fuss about it and force us to abandon the program. Perks of being a superpower :(

FPT0bAp.jpg
Why didn't Pakistan look forward to some of these? we can do apply anything on these Monsters with whole freedom.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom