What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Turkish Air Force has lost nearly 265 of its 400 fighter pilots due to the recent purge in Turkey.

Turkish Air Force has lost nearly 265 of its 400 fighter pilots due to the recent purge in Turkey.

Nearly 1100 former fighter pilots known to be Atatürk loyalists have been asked to reapply and reactivate their service by the government. 938 of them have passed the psychical tests and will receive their ranks soon. Once again, the national security of Turkey was guaranteed by soldiers loyal to Atatürk.

Agreed. The time for the M2K has come and gone. You have the JFT now, put all your effort into it.
A

Not agreed, as sooner or later 30+ year old platform F-16 had to go F-7 and mirages also have to go. You cannot have only one type of aircraft JF-17, to defend all the country including oceanic borders as well. M2K9 could be in service till 2030 according to some analyst's. However if we cant have M2k9 then, what left is most probably J-10B/C.

^ F-16s aren't going anywhere anytime soon. As far as i can tell, they would mist likely be replaced by a 5th gen fighter. So there will never be a point in PAF where they would only have one type of aircraft

Pak Army introduced a new missile ABABEEL. Very Good Keep it Up.

Not agreed, as sooner or later 30+ year old platform F-16 had to go F-7 and mirages also have to go. You cannot have only one type of aircraft JF-17, to defend all the country including oceanic borders as well. M2K9 could be in service till 2030 according to some analyst's. However if we cant have M2k9 then, what left is most probably J-10B/C.
The 16s are not going any where this side of 30s. So your assumption is incorrect. As to the M2Ks the assembly line stopped in 2002 and spares are fast becoming a problem. At the best of times it is an expensive platform to maintain and now even more so. The reason Singapore and taiwan and Qatar retired them was for the same reason.
If you look at the histroyof PAF it has looked at the M2Ks multiple times and the deal has npot gone through. The last time was 2002. If it did not do anything then it certainly does not make any sense to me for it to be bought now.
The rest everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Regards
A

The 16s are not going any where this side of 30s. So your assumption is incorrect. As to the M2Ks the assembly line stopped in 2002 and spares are fast becoming a problem. At the best of times it is an expensive platform to maintain and now even more so. The reason Singapore and taiwan and Qatar retired them was for the same reason.
If you look at the histroyof PAF it has looked at the M2Ks multiple times and the deal has npot gone through. The last time was 2002. If it did not do anything then it certainly does not make any sense to me for it to be bought now.
The rest everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Regards
A

Well as far as F-16 is concern, do you really think US interested giving us parts for F-16 in view of current relations. I personally thing there is a quite visible shift between Pakistan and US. Pakistan is getting more closer to chain and Russia then US. If we are dealing with the projects of Oil and Gas with Iran US is not happy, If we try to make our local Investor to get involve in research and development for army in various level US sanctioning few local companies. I see it as a open threat that Pakistan would have recognized earlier. Even PC-3 orion attacked in Base Fasil Karachi and Kamra attacked stories are unfolding some other suspicious hands use to reduce the capacity Pakistan has built. Relying on US for military hardware is a suicide. or simply we cant fight any war with F-16 as mainstream fighter.

The first phase of Turkish Aerospace Industries' (TAI's) modernization programme for the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has been successfully completed. Installing night vision googles on two PAF F-16 Block 15 (A/B) aircraft, TAI optimized the aircraft's cockpit for night flights. During the modernization work conducted in Pakistan's Shahbaz Air Base, cockpit illumination compatibility work on two aircraft, one of them being twin-seated, has been completed. The night flight compatibility of the aircraft was tested and approved in December, and delivered to the service. TAI also provided training to PAF personnel regarding the optimization of F-16 cockpits for night flights. TAI will deliver necessary compatibility kits for 43 additional F-16 to PAF later on.

http://en.c4defence.com/Agenda/paf-said-tai/3637/1

A state-run Chinese newspaper has reported that Beijing is testing a new long-range air-to-air missile capable of downing early warning aircraft and aerial refueling aircraft. The munition’s development runs alongside what is described as an “ambitious modernization program” led by President Xi Jinping, including stealth fighters, aircraft carriers and the testing of anti-satellite missiles. While the air force has yet to comment on this new missile, pictures posted on the service’s website, showed a J-11B fighter carrying a large, unidentified missile during drills last year.

1486006686100.jpg
Military Capabilities

Myanmar in advanced negotiations to licence-build JF-17 fighter

Anthony Davis, Yangon - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

01 February 2017

A PAF JF-17 Thunder being demonstrated at the 2015 Paris Air Show. Myanmar is in negotiations to licence-build the third-generation fighter. Source: PA

After deciding to purchase 16 JF-17 Thunder multi-role combat aircraft in 2015, Myanmar is now in advanced negotiations with Pakistan to also licence-build the third-generation fighter, defence industry sources in Yangon and sources close to the Myanmar Air Force (MAF) told Jane'sin mid-January.

If an agreement is reached, Myanmar's bid to manufacture the single-engine combat aircraft - co-developed by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and China's Chengdu Aerospace Corporation (CAC) - could mark a significant step forward in the country's efforts to expand its local defence industry.

As the MAF phases out its obsolete fleet of F-7M Airguard and A-5C 'Fantan' combat aircraft purchased from China in the 1990s, licensed production of the JF-17 Thunder would also mean that the aircraft will likely become the MAF's workhorse over the coming decades in much the same way as it has moved to prominence within the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

At least 70 of the fighters are in service with the PAF, with the first ones having entered service in 2009. Expectations are that the PAF will induct up to 150 JF-17 Thunder fighters in the coming years.

The first of 16 imported JF-17s ordered by Myanmar are expected to go into service with the MAF later this year. Speaking on condition of anonymity, sources told Jane'sthat these aircraft will be of the Block II variant, which was first rolled out from the PAC's Kamra plant in 2015 and which, unlike the Block I variant, features an air-to-air refuelling capability and improved avionics and electronics.

It is unclear whether later deliveries to the MAF will include the far more advanced Block III variant being produced at Kamra since last year. Sources told Jane's that in the context of ongoing negotiations on licensed production, Myanmar is seeking to produce the aircraft's Block III variant.

Last edited:
shouldn't Pakistan delay this deal, with what the Burmese have done to its rohingyas Muslims.

shouldn't Pakistan delay this deal, with what the Burmese have done to its rohingyas Muslims.
The problem is we dont have much of a say in the matter as China is the primary dealer with Mayanmar. The aviation industry is fickle and competition is tough. We cant act like the US or Russia who have established clientelle. So if we delay things they might go and buy Russian product. I think the time to gently cajole a favourable decision would be when our platforms are established in MAF.
MY 2 PAISAS WORTH.
A

The problem is we dont have much of a say in the matter as China is the primary dealer with Mayanmar. The aviation industry is fickle and competition is tough. We cant act like the US or Russia who have established clientelle. So if we delay things they might go and buy Russian product. I think the time to gently cajole a favourable decision would be when our platforms are established in MAF.
MY 2 PAISAS WORTH.
A

money over principle. I get it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom