What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

YJ-83K

YJ-83K is a turbojet powered AShM based on the YJ-83 SSM. YJ-83K (H/AKJ83) features a frequency agile radar seeker and has a sea-skimming capability. It also features datalink and has a range of 180km. Its cruising altitude is 20-30m (5-7m during terminal phase), cruising speed is 0.9M. It weights 715kg and carries a 165kg warhead. It was rumored that the missile could reach supersonic speed at the terminal stage but this turned out to be false. YJ-83K is being carried by the naval JH-7/JH-7A (up to 4), H-6G (up to 4). It is also expected to be carried by J-10AH and the new J-15 (up to 2) in service with PLAN. A similar export version called C-802A was also developed and is being carried by PAF JF-17. Iran reverse-engineered C-802 as Noor which can be carried by its F-4. C-802A can also be carried by the new FC-31 still in development.

- Last Updated 1/14/17

assalam o alikum is their any JF-17 block 2 or 3 has been established till?

As far as I can understand your query, 20 JF-17 Block-2 are delivered to PAF and all block-1 are expected to be converted to Block-2 as planned. No block-3 yet but is expected around 2018-19......

Billions to Upgrade and Up-arm Pakistan’s F-16s

Jan 17, 2017 00:57 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff

Latest update [?]

PAF F-16As

Modernization program finishes with TAI deliveries.

January 17/17: Pakistan is hoping that a Donald Trump presidency may restart a plan to procure F-16 jets through a foreign military financial aid scheme. US Congress downed the plan last year following concerns by some lawmakers over Islamabad’s allegiances in regards to counter-terrorism operations in the region. It was decided that if Pakistan wanted the F-16s, they would have to pay for them out of their own pocket.

@gambit , Sir what do you make of this bold statement by this living legend.

16114868_1599281633419609_897892955574707801_n.jpg

@gambit , Sir what do you make of this bold statement by this living legend.

View attachment 370063
I say take it seriously.

Saying someone is a 'born pilot' or that he was 'born to be a pilot' get bandied about pretty carelessly. It is true that a few of us have biology that make them much more tolerant to the rigors of aviation than others. I learned that I have no fear of heights from an early age and later on, thanks to carnival rides, I can withstand g-forces easily enough.

I maybe biased -- as an Air Force guy -- but there is nothing in man's repertoire of things he can do that is more complex and demanding than flight. Next up is motor vehicle racing, whether it is on the water or on land, whether it is two wheels or four.

Do you know what kind of person who can best withstand the physical rigors of flight ? Would you believe high blood pressure ?

http://gizmodo.com/why-the-human-body-cant-handle-heavy-acceleration-1640491171
Under normal conditions, your body must maintain 22 millimeters of mercury blood pressure to get blood from your heart to your brain. Each additional +Gz (blood flows from the head to the feet) that a person experiences multiplies that requirement: The body has to muster double that at 2g, triple that at 3g, and so on until they hit around 4 or 5 G's, at which point most folks will pass out due to oxygen starvation because all the blood stays in their feet.
No, am not talking about high blood pressure that requires medication lest he die. Am talking about the type of body whose regular blood pressure is higher than the statistical norm.

http://www.torch.aetc.af.mil/News/A...n-help-pilots-avoid-blackouts-in-cockpit.aspx
The student pilot showed up to my office standing at 6-foot-2 and weighing less than 170 pounds soaking wet! We had our work cut out for us. The student seemed to have a very healthy cardiovascular system with blood pressure as low as 110/70. The lower than normal blood pressure coupled with less than average muscular tone could spell disaster for anyone attempting to pull Gs.
Discard Top Gun. We use it to pick up chicks, nothing more. That short and slightly pudgy pilot might just be the best dogfighter in the squadron, but you will not find out until you are in the air, and by then, it is too late for your ego.

The more physically and mentally complex a task, the easier it is to lose proficiency over time. Whatever Yeager observed of Pakistani pilots back then, it is based upon his own knowledge of everything he has of aviation and of being a pilot. Piloting is perishable skill. If you do not maintain what you achieved in terms of basic airmanship, those skills will deteriorate and deteriorate much more rapidly than you think.

I learned there are two skills in life that will deteriorate very rapidly if you do not maintain those skills: piloting and shooting.

Whatever Yeager observed back then may not have transferred to today. So it is up to you to find out if Pakistan have maintained the same training and flying rigors today that Yeager noted back then. If not, citing Yeager is not going to help you one bit.

Corruption can affect more than just bank accounts. The final price was much higher than what was coming in the package. The French already put a high price thanks to the M2K's relative popularity and the fact that the PAF didn't have any other Western fighter option, but the corruption added another price layer. IMO the best argument was to have gone for the M2K back in the early 1980s, *not* the F-16. The sanctions of the 1960s and cold ties of the 1970s should have predisposed the PAF to avoid American fighters, no second (much less third) chances. Like the Mirage III/5, the PAF could have just kept buying M2K variants in small increments.

Sir, What is the story? I am sending the link as well, of-course you will be aware of.
http://www.tacticalreport.com/view_news/UAE-Pakistan-and-Mirage-2000-9s/5264#sthash.FAj297sf.dpuf

Back
Top Bottom