What's new

PAK vs SL 2011 Series

By the excluding Mendis makes sense since he isn't that lethal anymore. He was very dangerous when he started his career but right now after Batsmen have read his deliveries he is very ordinary. Poor Srilanka don't have very good bowling options. And that is definitely affecting their performance.

Mendis has never been a threat for Pakistan throughout his career ... infact Pakistan team best played him ...as they usually do with spinners ....Our batsmen are very good players of spin....Even Pakistan team played murali very well throughout his career.... Mendis has more success against India ...the final match of the asia cup in Pakistan when he took ~6 wickets against India and even after that he took couple here and there against india and other teams but had not much success against Pakistan

On the other hand Kualsekra has good record against Pakistan ...last time when Pakistan team went to SL ...Kulasekra was the one to damage Pakistan batting ...but due to i think injury he is not in the squad...but rest team is almost same ..... Malinga is there so is mathews ....they also found a good spinner in shape of mendis

Afridi is good for ODI cricket, but still he's not the greatest (not even close)

he certainly doesnt have the patience required for 5 day test cricket (which i find to be boring anyways)

he hasnt always been a consistent player; he has very good days, or otherwise average days; there are certain things you cant prepare for such as field conditions, wind etc.

Afridi should take special note of his great performance and do his best to repeat it again in the future. Sometimes it's good to play consistently, rather than powerplay it and try to score big

He has himself admitted that he is now paying more attention to bowling and considers himself a bowling all-rounder. So, his bowling is top notch, but he is the X-factor of the team while batting.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

The only top notch players in the SriLankan team are IMO Sangakarra and Jayawerdene.

I heard that a new term has been coined for performances such as these in cricket field. I'll use a sentence to illustrate it below:

Srilankans were Lalafied in their last game :D

I heard that a new term has been coined for performances such as these in cricket field. I'll use a sentence to illustrate it below:

Srilankans were Lalafied in their last game :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:, i heard Misbah saying lala at one point in the match.!

no asian spinner had continous succes against pakistan throughout his career. may be they got wickets and good match against pakistan here and there jayasuriya,done same in lahoe 5 years back but it is only once i never seen murali getting huge succes against pakistan kumble also get succes against pakistan in 1 or 2 matches but what pakistan did with those spinners continously yousuf,inzi and saeed anwar make sure no asian spinners dectate terms against pakistan contnously i remember matches in sharjah 98 years ago when pak play contnously in sharjah i seen big beerly inzi get down the wicket in first over against murali to let him know who is boss in the game and murali always scared of inzi and anwar but dont know why he lied that he feared tendu

Malinga can also be added to this list

My POV was from the batting side. The magnificent collapse. We have seen in this series yet and again that if these 2 go, Sri Lanka get in trouble.

yaaar i still think daal ma kuch kala zaroor hai inside the SL team even they had played well but two set players world class players 40 runs 7 wickets in hand man 110 percent you count srilanka wins i think they did it delibrately so no one says that they are under perfoming they got 50s and than got out easily and made pak win if you see sanga gotting 200 runs in test so how he get out so easily and mahela did nothing in any of matches in series

yaaar i still think daal ma kuch kala zaroor hai inside the SL team even they had played well but two set players world class players 40 runs 7 wickets in hand man 110 percent you count srilanka wins i think they did it delibrately so no one says that they are under perfoming they got 50s and than got out easily and made pak win if you see sanga gotting 200 runs in test so how he get out so easily and mahela did nothing in any of matches in series

Watch Sanga dismissel once again.....u will see it wasnt an easy delivery !!!!

yar ab tum shaq kar rahe ho is ka ilaaj to HAQEEM LUQMAN ke pas bhi nahi tha

SL won the toss and will bat

Pakistan team
Mohammad Hafeez, Asad Shafiq, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal†, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir, Saeed Ajmal, Umar Gul, Junaid Khan
Sri Lanka team
WU Tharanga, TM Dilshan*, KC Sangakkara†, LD Chandimal, LPC Silva, AD Mathews, BMAJ Mendis, NLTC Perera, S Prasanna, SL Malinga, CRD Fernando

307167_115521165229366_109034739211342_84963_381544177_n.jpg

Go Afridi Go-

Back
Top Bottom