What's new

PAK vs SL 2011 Series

looks like Pakistan team's trait of loosing matches from winning positions is being transferred to Sri Lanka, this is 2nd time in the ODI series they have done so.... in the gap of 19 runs they lost 7 wickets ....that is mind boggling

Afridi for me just wasted his talent .through out his career he was provided with many opportunities but other than few knocks here and there ...there was nothing else ...when a guy can play like he did yesterday ...that too under pressure situation and on a pitch that was helping bowlers ....then why not on flat tracks...he was not playing extravagant shots neither he hitted many 6s nor many 4s but still his strike rate was over 100....

If he would have played like this throughout his career he would have atleast scored 13000 runs by now ...he is been in cricket for good 14-15 years now

PAKISTAN now ranks 5th in odi with 106 points while on 6th there is england with same points.

bro - if you take into consideration Pakistan team hasnt played ANY games on their home soil - then Pakistan would be at least in 2nd position. India couldnt win 1 game in England - and England in India couldnt win even 1 game!

hahahhahahahahaha

yaaar i think this is something wrong going on inside the team which happened with pakistan too see in srilankan team how many captains are playing sanga,mahela,and dilshan and i think mahela and sanga areunder perfoming so dilshan will loose captaincy and obviously who will be next incharge sanga and mahela i dont bellieve it they blew up 2 good set batsman and still they lost it and with them i think few players are too who are under perfoming in my view anjela mathews is the one of them

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

hope afiridi go till 400 ODi so he can get wickets and we get our old record back from srilankan muralitharan most wickets in ODI afridi is getting 2 to 5 wickets every game it should not be probleum to get another 200 in 100 ODi matches well and i must creticise ICC ratings afridi picking wickets since last world cup and even before world cup regularly why he never entered in ICC bowlers rating i just cant bellieve it if you see afridi's last 30 ODi as bowler i think you all will get your answers

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

if indian have got in series 10 wickets he had junpmed to no 1 from no where as we seen zaheer khan who did not played since world cup and afridi got same number of wickets than zaheer khan with less one game still ICC thought zaheer is better my foot

hahahhahahahahaha

yaaar i think this is something wrong going on inside the team which happened with pakistan too see in srilankan team how many captains are playing sanga,mahela,and dilshan and i think mahela and sanga areunder perfoming so dilshan will loose captaincy and obviously who will be next incharge sanga and mahela i dont bellieve it they blew up 2 good set batsman and still they lost it and with them i think few players are too who are under perfoming in my view anjela mathews is the one of them

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

hope afiridi go till 400 ODi so he can get wickets and we get our old record back from srilankan muralitharan most wickets in ODI afridi is getting 2 to 5 wickets every game it should not be probleum to get another 200 in 100 ODi matches well and i must creticise ICC ratings afridi picking wickets since last world cup and even before world cup regularly why he never entered in ICC bowlers rating i just cant bellieve it if you see afridi's last 30 ODi as bowler i think you all will get your answers

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

if indian have got in series 10 wickets he had junpmed to no 1 from no where as we seen zaheer khan who did not played since world cup and afridi got same number of wickets than zaheer khan with less one game still ICC thought zaheer is better my foot

i think there is some problem with the board not the issue with captaincy because sanga and mehila did give a good performance

there are lot of good players who played in the WC are absent(im nt talking abt murli)

bro - if you take into consideration Pakistan team hasnt played ANY games on their home soil - then Pakistan would be at least in 2nd position. India couldnt win 1 game in England - and England in India couldnt win even 1 game!
yar i am talking about international ODI ranking stay cool

i think there is some problem with the board not the issue with captaincy because sanga and mehila did give a good performance

there are lot of good players who played in the WC are absent(im nt talking abt murli)

There are just two players from the WC squad that are not in current squad .they are Nuvan Kulasekra and ajenta mendis ...rest is same team that played during world cup

There are just two players from the WC squad that are not in current squad .they are Nuvan Kulasekra and ajenta mendis ...rest is same team that played during world cup

Murali, mendis, Jiasuria and Vaas were world class players though SL was playing without Vass for quite some time. Mendis may be back soon but loosing few world class players brings the team down. Same happend to Aussis after retirement of Mc Grath, Warne and Gilchrist. So the tings will be settled for SL this season

Afridi was on fire yesterday....bowling and batting man of the match!

a T-20 match remains, and that will conclude the tour

i look forward to it :)

looks like Pakistan team's trait of loosing matches from winning positions is being transferred to Sri Lanka, this is 2nd time in the ODI series they have done so.... in the gap of 19 runs they lost 7 wickets ....that is mind boggling

Afridi for me just wasted his talent .through out his career he was provided with many opportunities but other than few knocks here and there ...there was nothing else ...when a guy can play like he did yesterday ...that too under pressure situation and on a pitch that was helping bowlers ....then why not on flat tracks...he was not playing extravagant shots neither he hitted many 6s nor many 4s but still his strike rate was over 100....

If he would have played like this throughout his career he would have atleast scored 13000 runs by now ...he is been in cricket for good 14-15 years now

Afridi is good for ODI cricket, but still he's not the greatest (not even close)

he certainly doesnt have the patience required for 5 day test cricket (which i find to be boring anyways)

he hasnt always been a consistent player; he has very good days, or otherwise average days; there are certain things you cant prepare for such as field conditions, wind etc.

Afridi should take special note of his great performance and do his best to repeat it again in the future. Sometimes it's good to play consistently, rather than powerplay it and try to score big

They should have included Samaraweera in the test squad at least.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

An ODI and T20 and then they are moving to BD

Looking at the side they have selected for BD tour it looks BD is going to get some phainty.

Murali, mendis, Jiasuria and Vaas were world class players though SL was playing without Vass for quite some time. Mendis may be back soon but loosing few world class players brings the team down. Same happend to Aussis after retirement of Mc Grath, Warne and Gilchrist. So the tings will be settled for SL this season

I was talking about the difference b/w last WC squad and the squad in this series... For your info Jaysuriya and Vaas retired long before that and they were not in WC 2011 squad ....Its been quite many years since vaas retired and they found good replacements after that ....they had quite an enough time to gel together...don't forget they have played 2 t20 world cups and 1 ODI WC with almost same squad as they have now with the exception of mendis and kulasekra as already mentioned by me. Not only that they have played many important and big series with these players and have done well ...like in Aus

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Afridi was on fire yesterday....bowling and batting man of the match!

a T-20 match remains, and that will conclude the tour

i look forward to it :)

I was not expecting your presence here on this thread sir...good to know that military professionals too show that much interest in cricket ...lol

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Afridi is good for ODI cricket, but still he's not the greatest (not even close)

he certainly doesnt have the patience required for 5 day test cricket (which i find to be boring anyways)

he hasnt always been a consistent player; he has very good days, or otherwise average days; there are certain things you cant prepare for such as field conditions, wind etc.

Afridi should take special note of his great performance and do his best to repeat it again in the future. Sometimes it's good to play consistently, rather than powerplay it and try to score big

thats why i said that he has just wasted his talent ..... the kind of shots he can play reflects his talen...not only power hitting but some classy strokes ....He has destroyed many world class bowlers including Kumble, Harbhajan, Murali ,Pollock etc this shows the talent of the man ...had he been utilizing his talent properly ...he would have left a great mark on the world as a great batsman

They should have included Samaraweera in the test squad at least.

Samarawera has not been in good touch since sometime....even in home series against Aus he wasn't performing well ...although SL is considered very strong at home but there were bits and patches in their performance

But yes they would have given him a chance coz he has best record against Pakistan ...lol last time during his tour to Pakistan he made 2 double centuries ...and you know with Pakistan team its common notion that if any team wants to try its new players or out of form players try against Pakistan team....coz Pakistan team is best at making ordinary players look like greats ...

There are many players around who were just ordinary players and were not successful but Pakistan team made them heroes for their nations and helped them start and prolong their careers ....If i start to name them it will be dusk until i complete the list but few examples are
Andrew symonds (Aus)
Balaji (ind)
John lewis (Eng)
Samarawera (SL)

By the excluding Mendis makes sense since he isn't that lethal anymore. He was very dangerous when he started his career but right now after Batsmen have read his deliveries he is very ordinary. Poor Srilanka don't have very good bowling options. And that is definitely affecting their performance.

Back
Top Bottom