What's new

Pak vs New Zealand: Worldcup 2019 Critical Match

May be because Pakistan have mostly played in UAE conditions, but i have long observed that the fast bowlers(including Amir) no longer swing the new ball, something that the commentators in Star Sports are stressing on right now. Wasim has repeatedly told him to get more side on and closer to the stumps to no avail. Not limited to Pakistan only, better bowlers like Bumrah, Rabada, Archer, Cummins, Ferguson etc belong to the same bracket. Cricket is boring without the new ball swinging around!

May be because Pakistan have mostly played in UAE conditions, but i have long observed that the fast bowlers(including Amir) no longer swing the new ball, something that the commentators in Star Sports are stressing on right now. Wasim has repeatedly told him to get more side on and closer to the stumps to no avail. Not limited to Pakistan only, better bowlers like Bumrah, Rabada, Archer, Cummins, Ferguson etc belong to the same bracket. Cricket is boring without the new ball swinging around!
Amir's ball is swinging to an extent in this pitch. This pitch is facilitating swinging.

Last edited:
Here comes Ross Taylor aka Rosco arguably New Zeelands best batsman in history. Both Williamson and Taylor to take NZ to a good total.

Amir's ball is swinging to an extent in this pitch. This pitch is facilitating swinging.

Sorry to say mate, you don't understand cricket.
Pitch never facilitate swing. It is called swinging, because it has to swing in the air. Pitch help seam bowling, i.e. ball moving with the seam after pitching.
Swing had many factors, overhead conditions, sometimes the humidity also plays a part. The next is the art by the bowler, his wrist position, the position of his feet at the time of delivery etc.
And the most important is the condition of the ball. Some balls naturally swing more than others. It could be due to the varnish coat, its size, it seams etc. For late reverse, the roughness of the ball etc.

Last edited:
Rosogolla laga usko.. he opened his mouth against india for this...

Back
Top Bottom