What's new

Pak to buy U214 - Senate debating reports of faults

Which Submarine Should Pakistan Navy Choose?

• U212/214 - Germany

Votes: 40 85.1%
  • Marlin - France

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
malaysia was offered but opted for scorpenes, i think!

Pak navy is having problems with the HAMZA and trouble with the french on help.

214 has longer endurance then the MESMA on the Agosta90B (HAMZA):coffee:

Pak navy is having problems with the HAMZA and trouble with the french on help.

214 has longer endurance then the MESMA on the Agosta90B (HAMZA):coffee:

Kindly mention your source since i have no information of so from sources which are very reliable.

Further to U214 boats, i will only say that fuel cells issue is not as important and their is not a major difference in endurance than Agosta 90B, Supposed Marlin is a better option for PN as Pakistan has the infustructure for DCN(france) made submarines and will only strenghten our ties with French for Rafle or so in coming years.... Pakistan should go the French way all out in Navy.

Either they'll order them sometime soon, or drop the plan and announce an alternative during IDEAS 2008. Chances are the PN will use SSK design as a basis as a future-type to raise the AIP-SSK fleet from the projected 6 (3 Agosta-90B & 3 new SSK) to at least 9-12...sort of similar in concept to the South Korean of KS-III.

For example:

1st phase: Agosta-90B w/local license - 3 subs.
2nd phase: U214/Marlin w/local license - 3 subs.
3rd phase: newer design with more local input - 3-6 subs.

The Turks are looking to put as much indigenous content in their future 6 AIP-SSKs...I guess these would be in sensors, sub-systems, weapon-systems, maybe fuel-cells and license produced propulsion. Then the Chinese have a rapidly advancing naval industry, and will probably develop a U214/Marlin league SSK later on. So for the 3rd phase Pakistan has its options, and I think the local industry will be very active in arming our military.

Well it is not easy to rise the number of the SSK because it need huge amount of $ and as far as the French Marlins are concern there just on the drawing board they will specially offerd to Pakistan by the French so far no SSK is built if Pakistan go for the Marlins its a Huge Risk and its better to go towards the French Scorpens so far they are build and Ready to Accomodate MESMA Air System.

Indians also Getting 6 of these SSK and its imposiable for Pakistan to operate with same machine as the oponent. Then the options will go again towards the Marlins and U214

See Marlins promotional Video From You TUbe

[URL="http://

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think why so much huff and puff about U-214 since we all know the abilities of u-boats (which has a history more than half century).

I think it is a very valid move from PN since we need to build defence relations with Germans by any mean.

This will pave way for lot of stuff. Keep eurofighter in mind + Advanced WVRAAMs.

I don't think why so much huff and puff about U-214 since we all know the abilities of u-boats (which has a history more than half century).

I think it is a very valid move from PN since we need to build defence relations with Germans by any mean.

This will pave way for lot of stuff. Keep eurofighter in mind + Advanced WVRAAMs.

Its not easy for PN to establish another Infrustructure based on German Technology Transfer. Rather its easier for enhancing the available capabilities at PN shipyard for Agosta 90B submarines... If paksitan goes the french way its better for future self reliance in Submarine field.

That video is for Scorpene, that India has bought 6 of with them being manufactured in India. Not for Marlin.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom