What's new

Pak team officials impressed by truck driver's bowling

I played a bit of cricket and seen too many good bowlers and batsman but they are not given chance because of poor managment and corruption. after some time when there family need support they leave cricket and start some job.

amazing!

its always glad to hear about the cricket talent in Pakistan... no matter whatever happens... even the whole nation stops playing cricket... we are still producing wonderful bowlers on regular basis...

We had Imran / Sarfaraz.... peoples thought they are the best...
Waqar / Wasim replaced them

peoples thought nobody would come

Shoaib Akhtar / Gul replaced them

people thought its all over now

Asif / Aamir replaced them

peoples thought its all over after the match fixing scandal... We still have best bowlers in the team and taking wickets occasionally

Besides them we also had part time bowlers who were better than many other playing nations such as Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved, Razzaq, Shabir Ahmed etc.

Spinning department has also been great

^^
There are still lots of worthy-to-be-in-the-team bowlers that are still limited to playing domestic cricket because of some self-centered PCB higher ups :(

What's the problem with his age? Even if he plays for Pakistan for 3,4 years and does take wicket, it is still worth it.

he can play for pakistan for min 6 to max 8 years fast bowler can play till the age of 36 now he is 27 suppose he gets in the team at 28 still 6 to 8 years it is not that less time.

ABU DHABI, Nov 24, 2010 (AFP) - A humble truck driver from Pakistan's most dangerous Al-Qaeda lair is dreaming of the big time after bowling out the national cricket team's batsmen on the sidelines of their lacklustre Gulf tour.

The 25-year-old Abdul Haq thought things were looking up when he swapped the wilds of North Waziristan on the lawless Afghan border to work as a driver-cum-supervisor at a construction company in the United Arab Emirates.

Little did he know how much.

When the Pakistan cricket team came to Abu Dhabi to play South Africa -- shifted from home partly because of the militants based in Haq's home district -- several local players were invited to bowl the team in the nets.

Haq strode out and bowled out some of Pakistan's top batsmen.

Pakistan coach Waqar Younis and manager Intikhab Alam snapped him up for Pakistan's national cricket academy and dreaming of a career in the limelight -- provided he can convince his employment sponsors to release him.

"I'm thrilled," Haq told AFP.

"I'm lucky that Waqar liked me in the nets as I dismissed the top Pakistani batsmen and now I feel my dreams of playing for the country and then building an academy in Waziristan can soon be fulfilled."

Not bad for a young man who moved to Abu Dhabi in 2008, looking to build a life away from the fear of Islamist militants and a US drone campaign targeting Taliban and Al-Qaeda commanders in North Waziristan.

North Waziristan has been the focus of a dramatic increase in US drone strikes since early September. It is part of Pakistan's semi-autonomous tribal belt that Washington considers a global headquarters of Al-Qaeda and the most dangerous place on Earth.
Haq says a US missile killed his cousin, Tariq Aziz, a student, in 2008.

Pakistan team manager Alam said he was full of hope for Haq.

"He impressed everyone, including coach Waqar, himself a great fast bowler in his day.

"So we have invited him to come to the Lahore academy and, who knows, he may become a good prospect for Pakistan," said Alam, a former captain and director at the academy.

Waqar said Haq had the talent to become a good bowler.

"Haq impressed me with his speed and dismissed some of our top batsmen in the nets, so in consultation with Alam we have invited him to Lahore so that we can groom his talent further," said Waqar.

Haq hoped to become the first international cricketer from Waziristan, where miserable facilities forced him to travel to the northwestern city of Peshawar to play at a regional level.

"I used to play alongside Umar Gul," said Haq of Pakistan's paceman Gul, who also watched him in the nets and praised his talent.

In the Gulf, Haq started playing for Abu Dhabi Gymkhana -- a top club which wins events throughout the year, run by Pakistani doctor Mohammad Islam.

Islam said he knew Haq's passion for the game would take him places.

"Even if he was the 12th man, Haq would be on his toes. He always wanted to bowl and play for Pakistan, and wants to do something for the players in his village who get very few opportunities to play," said Islam.

Haq hoped Alam and Waqar would not forget him.

"I was lucky that I took off and went to Pakistan's nets. If I hadn't come here I would never have got this chance which may open some doors for me to pursue my cricketing career.

"Right now we work hard and just get Fridays to play matches," said Haq, who will now have to convince his sponsors to release him to fulfill his dreams.

Pak team officials impressed by truck driver's bowling

KARACHI: A 27-year-old truck driver in Abu Dhabi has impressed Pakistan cricket officials to the point that some of them are talking about calling him for training in Lahore.

Abdul Haq, a heavy-duty vehicle driver-cum-supervisor at a construction company in Abu Dhabi, rattled the stumps of Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq, opener Imran Farhat and rookie wicketkeeper Adnan Akmal during a training session on the sidelines of the second and final Test against South Africa, impressing Pakistan’s coaches Waqar Younis and Aaqib Javed, both former Test pacers.

Pakistan manager Intikhab Alam, a former Test captain, also praised Haq for his express pace and said that he would make efforts to invite the bowler to Lahore for proper training.

“He showed a lot of pace and was very impressive. We would try to groom him,” said Intikhab adding that Haq can improve if he gets to train at the elite National Cricket Academy in Lahore.

Haq said in an interview that he has always dreamt about playing for Pakistan. “It is my greatest desire to play for my country,” said Haq, who hails from Pakistan’s troubled tribal region of North Waziristan.

Haq, who was one of the few local bowlers requested by Pakistan to bowl at their nets session, played domestic cricket in Pakistan at the Under-19 level but was forced to move to UAE because of poverty.

“I was playing cricket in Pakistan but was not making any money for my family. Now I earn about 100,000 rupees monthly here in UAE,” he said.

11-23-2010_74667_l.gif

Pak team officials impressed by truck driver''s bowling - GEO.tv
How did he get a chance to bowl for Misbahul Haq? I hope he's really that good and its not 'Haq' nepotism.

Pakistan is always breeding ground for one of the best bowlers in history of Cricket mainly in late 80s and in 90s ...
May be Abdul Haq will be one more jewel in Pakistani Cricket...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom