What's new

Pak team officials impressed by truck driver's bowling

Indestructible

Reaction score
Pak team officials impressed by truck driver's bowling

KARACHI: A 27-year-old truck driver in Abu Dhabi has impressed Pakistan cricket officials to the point that some of them are talking about calling him for training in Lahore.

Abdul Haq, a heavy-duty vehicle driver-cum-supervisor at a construction company in Abu Dhabi, rattled the stumps of Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq, opener Imran Farhat and rookie wicketkeeper Adnan Akmal during a training session on the sidelines of the second and final Test against South Africa, impressing Pakistan’s coaches Waqar Younis and Aaqib Javed, both former Test pacers.

Pakistan manager Intikhab Alam, a former Test captain, also praised Haq for his express pace and said that he would make efforts to invite the bowler to Lahore for proper training.

“He showed a lot of pace and was very impressive. We would try to groom him,” said Intikhab adding that Haq can improve if he gets to train at the elite National Cricket Academy in Lahore.

Haq said in an interview that he has always dreamt about playing for Pakistan. “It is my greatest desire to play for my country,” said Haq, who hails from Pakistan’s troubled tribal region of North Waziristan.

Haq, who was one of the few local bowlers requested by Pakistan to bowl at their nets session, played domestic cricket in Pakistan at the Under-19 level but was forced to move to UAE because of poverty.

“I was playing cricket in Pakistan but was not making any money for my family. Now I earn about 100,000 rupees monthly here in UAE,” he said.

11-23-2010_74667_l.gif

Pak team officials impressed by truck driver''s bowling - GEO.tv

He needs a yr of work and to make sure he is not on anything that will harm his health. If he is otherwise clear, he will make it into the team in a yrs time.
Araz

Haq said in an interview that he has always dreamt about playing for Pakistan. “It is my greatest desire to play for my country,” said Haq, who hails from Pakistan’s troubled tribal region of North Waziristan.

Haq, who was one of the few local bowlers requested by Pakistan to bowl at their nets session, played domestic cricket in Pakistan at the Under-19 level but was forced to move to UAE because of poverty.

What a great story - I sincerely hope this boy will get a fair chance at a shot to be a part of the team.

too bad his age is 27yrs - maybe he's a late 'bloomer'

Forgot he age of Ricky Ponting ??

Anyways, we do have got a lot of talent, but it is hidden behind curtains and some dont want to be in Pakistan Cricket team.

For example, my dad has been the best bowler of RCA (Riyadh Cricket Association) and also has some Man of the tournament Trophies.

He was the one who won the first prize in 1992 Cricket worldcup quiz.
He didnt apply for team as he says that he will play for a year or so then the politics would have him out of team.

He even has the best bowler for 4 or 5 years (in row) award until his ligament injury during fielding.

Anyways, we need such Talents like Abdul Haq,
I sincerly wish him good luck and may his situiations in life neutralise :)

Congratulations! WoW a truck driver has been given a chance Amazing indeed.. :)

happy now ben?

Last edited:
Congratulations! WoW a truck driver has been given a chance Amazing indeed.. :)

Hope atleast this guys dosent CHUCK :whistle:

That was unnecessary and its pure trolling.

Cut the sarcasm at least on positive things please.

A friend of mine here in Germany who played with the peshawar academy (I saw his academy card) and is a really pacy bowler and moves the ball both ways told me that when he was playing umar gul was sitting on the benches. Mudassar Nazar asked some 10 lakhs just to be in the team and I couldnt make him. He is now a software engineere in SAP.

a year back or so i had heard similiar news like , a guy by name Atul Sharma (claimed to be the fastest bowler till now) would be representing Rajasthan Royals in IPL 3, however he dint show up. could anybody share some info on that plz? there were talks of him playing the 2011 WC too.....:pop:

Munaf Patel was also 'discovered' by Sachin in some practise match.

It's another story he got more interested in Bobby darling after getting the exposure!

Munaf Patel was also 'discovered' by Sachin in some practise match.

It's another story he got more interested in Bobby darling after getting the exposure!

And who is bobby darling? :azn:

Back
Top Bottom