What's new

Pak rejects B'desh's demand for apology over army's wrongdoings in 1971 war

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Awami League govt and india signed treaty with Pakistan over excusing these officers. Now raising this issue by Awami League instigated by its master india is PURE FARCE and Awami regime is trying to cover up its own crime.

One reason india through its stooge Awami regime using this because this get some clueless people excited and India can score point against its enemy. Another reason India using such farcical agenda because India wants to take spot light away from its killing of Bangladeshis every other day.

It was done by none other than Sheikh Mujib on behalf of Bangladesh. Now they are going back four decades and trying to right what they think they did was wrong.

Its all politics.

Doesn't have to be ' fear of discrimination', people flee from the prospect of war, violence and chaos- see for example the millions of refugees that fled Afghanistan during its civil war. Merely pointing out refugee numbers does not establish 'discrimination' or 'atrocities'.

Wrong similes. Afghans have been in a state of conflict for more than 3 decades, war in Bangladesh lasted for a year and so.

Anyway, our Bangladeshi friend was talking about the planned immigration of Hindus from Bangladesh to West Bengal that has been going on since 47. This resulted in a gradual decline of Hindus in Bangladesh. 71 just saw a sharp decline of the same.

Year Percentage (%)
1941 28.0
1951 22.0
1961 18.5
1974 13.5
1981 12.13
1991 11.62
2001 9.2

In my Opinion both of our Nations should move forward, forgetting the past. We Pakistanis did our Odds by neglecting our eastern wing and by not giving the due respects to our brothers on the other side of border. Bangoli's did their part by excepting Indian help which they are still paying the price off by different means till the date. We need to End going back to historical Odds and increase Cooperation, both our Nations need to get united to stand up to the common and the Real Foe, India.

Even If a Single Rape case has happened from either side we Pakistanis and Bangladeshis (I'm sure they would) are Ashamed of such disgusting, barbaric and Inhuman acts of some Inhumans. Thankfully we are not ''Indians'' to support every and any Inhuman Acts on the name of national service.

As a Pakistani I ask forgiveness on behalf of Pakistan for even a slightest wrong doing by my people to my brothers and sisters in Bangladesh. We Wish and Pray for their Wellbeing.

Pakistan & Bangladesh Zindabaad

Actually I speak Urdu right now and I think it is the most beautiful language in subcontinent. It is also language of the Muslims. :coffee:

All languages are good. Urdu is also a good langauge and through urdu language our previous generation came to know many Islamic history and "Hadish". Still in our country in the remote villages the Mulana gives his "Tafsir" in urdu and Bengalee. But still can you compare this urdu with our mother tangue ? How can you forget your own language ? If, you are real Bengalee how can you say that? If a man forget his own identity than I have no comment ! I also know urdu(both reading & writing ) but so what ?

In my Opinion both of our Nations should move forward, forgetting the past. We Pakistanis did our Odds by neglecting our eastern wing and by not giving the due respects to our brothers on the other side of border. Bangoli's did their part by excepting Indian help which they are still paying the price off by different means till the date. We need to End going back to historical Odds and increase Cooperation, both our Nations need to get united to stand up to the common and the Real Foe, India.

Even If a Single Rape case has happened from either side we Pakistanis and Bangladeshis (I'm sure they would) are Ashamed of such disgusting, barbaric and Inhuman acts of some Inhumans. Thankfully we are not ''Indians'' to support every and any Inhuman Acts on the name of national service.

As a Pakistani I ask forgiveness on behalf of Pakistan for even a slightest wrong doing by my people to my brothers and sisters in Bangladesh. We Wish and Pray for their Wellbeing.

Pakistan & Bangladesh Zindabaad

Excellent post and sentiment!!!! With that sentiment request Mod to close this thread.

Pervez Musharraf already announced a public apology on behalf of Pakistan for the ill acts that the army MAY have committed during the 71 war during the course of his visit to BD sometime back.
Musharraf apology to Bangladesh - Telegraph
I believe that was plenty, the BD govt is just trying to try and draw attention to irrelevant topics in response to the recent stikes over minimum wages and working conditions.
No more apologies should be expected, quite enough........

pakistan army has done nothing. those were the RAW and MUKTi BAHNI terrorists whom have done such crimes in the uniformes of pakistan army. the stat of kashmir is an open proof of it. Bangla desh has to ask india to apologise instead of pakistan but unfortunatly Bangla desh never recognise its enemy till now. pakistan has always helped the people of Bangla desh in different fields. we feel sympathy and take pity for them.

Pervez Musharraf already announced a public apology on behalf of Pakistan for the ill acts that the army MAY have committed during the 71 war during the course of his visit to BD sometime back.
Musharraf apology to Bangladesh - Telegraph
I believe that was plenty, the BD govt is just trying to try and draw attention to irrelevant topics in response to the recent stikes over minimum wages and working conditions.
No more apologies should be expected, quite enough........

There is a world of a dfference between the words 'Regret' and 'Apology'.

The same difference between 'warm' and 'scalding'.

So, we had been discussing that Pakistan rejected Bangladeshi offer for apology. Good, Good.

@ Naturally most of the Pakistani people are annoyed and reluctance to give. It is natural. Why after 40 years? This "kissha" was finished the day Sk Mujib went to Lahore to join OIC in 1974. Then Butto visited Bangladesh, we had a diplomatic relation. Then came 1975,we received lot of economic aid from Pakistan, in almost natural calamities Pakistan helped us. Pakistan helped us to build our army, navy and airforce. They gave us lot of armament even to para-miltary forces. They gave us fighter aircrafts, tanks, GF series rifle, LMG, MG, trained our pilots, they helped us to establish our all armed forces training institutions. Even on that day when we faced a natural calamities the Pakistani Military Medical contigent came and helped the people of Soutern Bengal and stayed more than two months. Some of the above armaments were given as gifts, some were given on loan and some were given on payment. In the present world scerio it is difficult to get the military armament even you have money.

@ It is funny, how could our foreign ministry could approach such a sensitive issue to Pakistan after 40 years and asking for a compensation. We should always remember that East Pakistan was separated through a blood war and not through mutual understanding.

@ I think, there is some thing wrong in the process. We have to see actually who is there man behind the gun. Is it not that just to malign Pakistan ? Yes, Bangladesh can approach to Pakistan about taking back the Biharis. But this is also not justified in the true sense.
We all know that India was divideed on the basis of "Two Nation Theory" which was propagated by Jinnah and we all the Eastern Muslims not only supported that but fought for it. Side by side the other muslims of India also fought for it. So in the process around 50 lacs of Bangalee Hindus migrated to India and we also recieved the Beharis(appox 25 lacs). Side by side other Bengalee muslims from India migrated to the then East Pakistan. Biharis has the equel right to stay in Bangladesh under any Intenational norms. So what some of them opted for Pakistan ? Why always only Pakistan will take all the burden of Indian sub-continent. Are we not also a Muslims ? Pakistan is already in a problem with the "Muhajars". Pakistan has other problem too ? We all should think all these critical issues deeply.

There is a world of a dfference between the words 'Regret' and 'Apology'.

The same difference between 'warm' and 'scalding'.
^^^

Diplomacy is not about chest thumping, it's about subtle but meaningful communications.When a head of the state says that we regret what happened,that is/should be taken as an apology.You don't send out I am Sorry cards in diplomacy.

Also, i see alot of my Indian friends advocating that Pak should return BD's share of the assets.We would love to do that as soon as you guys give us our share of all the assets that Pakistan was contractually entitled to, at the time of independence.

I would also like to see one agreement between Pak and BD where any such distribution of assets was agreed upon.

- - - indians should focus on asking for an apology from Kashmiris rather than telling Pakistanis what to do.

Talk about the atrocities you are carrying out in Kashmir. .

They wont. To them mukthi bahini were freedom fighters but, Kahsmiri freedom fighters who are demanding them same thing as mukhthi bahini were, are terrorists :disagree:

Just three or four of the last 30 or 40 posts have been related to the thread. The rest has been the usual Kashmir related jhagra, a segue re the Urdu language and then, of course, personal attacks and trolling. This thread has outlived its usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom