What's new

Pak people enjoying India's mauling by Australia

Dance

Reaction score
KARACHI: The media and fans in Pakistan are not just savouring their team's terrific series-win against world number one England but they are also relishing the pounding India received at the hands of Australia Down Under.

The Pakistani media has been giving lot of coverage to India's humiliation in Australia and have highlighted with obvious pleasure that the Indian media is praising the performance of Misbah-ul-Haq and his players against England.

"Whether we accept it openly or not but such is our cricket rivalry with India that when they lose and we win it gives us more to pleasure," psychologist Dr Ambreen explained.

"The fact that the Indian media has been urging their players to learn a lesson from the Pakistan team is also very satisfying for our people," she said.

Former captain Moin Khan believes that Pakistanis are also happy with the situation because of the way the Indian cricket establishment has shunned Pakistani players from the Indian Premier League.

"Obviously there is anger at the way our players are being treated and ignored by the Indians where the IPL is concerned. The better our team is performing the more the value of our players is increasing," he said.

India's crushing defeat in the fourth test has been given prompt coverage by the Pakistani media which has constantly highlighted that the Indians are tigers only at home while Pakistan have been winning away despite many scandals and problems that have hit Pakistan cricket.

"I think we badly needed this win over a top team. The series victory comes at just the right time for Pakistan cricket which needs to have international teams playing in Pakistan again," PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf told reporters in Abu Dhabi.

Ashraf, who is in Abu Dhabi with chief operating officer, Subhan Ahmad to attend a ICC meeting, indicated that Pakistan's good performances on the field and a controversy free last few months would allow him to plead Pakistan's case to have international cricket at home more forcefully.

Former captain Zaheer Abbas felt that given Pakistan's intense cricket rivalry with India the reaction of the Pakistani cricket fans was not surprising.

"We lost to them in the World Cup semi-final. India is not willing to play bilateral cricket with us. In this background it is understandable that our people are enjoying our team's victory and India's capitulation in Australia," he said.

Pak people enjoying India's mauling by Australia - The Times of India

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Why does TOI have such dumb articles? :disagree:

For all the **** Indians talk about our cricket team, I am definitely enjoying it.

Indians are having cricket-phobia these days, don't expect replies from their side.

On the topic: TOI always covers hearsay, no one is enjoying Indian defeat here.

Indians are having cricket-phobia these days, don't expect replies from their side.

On the topic: TOI always covers hearsay, no one is enjoying Indian defeat here.

The poster above you said he was enjoying it. And thanked you when you said nobody is enjoying it. Oh well.

The poster above you said he was enjoying it. And thanked you when you said nobody is enjoying it. Oh well.

For the first statement. I can't half-thank posts.

Pak media didnt give a shyt abt indian team gettin bashed by aussie... as for the match... i cheered for aussie... my fav team after Pak team.

OK, so emmie and others here are wrong when they think pakistanis are not enjoying it. There are some like you. That was my point to him.

To be honest I only like it when India gets beaten by us. However after the world cup, lots of Indians were talking **** about Pak cricket team. So I only enjoyed the "what goes around, comes around" aspect of their defeat.

My feeling is that Pakistan's rivlary with India is only when Pakistan cricket team is playing India. If India is playing a third country team, I would be routing for India. In an Indian versus Australian match, I support India and not Australia. I have no affinity for Australian or English team. I would rather support fellow Desi team than the Gora team.

Why times of India post such non sense article to spread hate between peoples of two countries.

Indian media is extreme as they take cricket match as some sort of war lol when their cricket players perform well, they call them God of cricket etc but when Indian cricket team perform bad then they humiliate their players more than any one else so i don't know why they are pointing finger at Pakistani when they are the ones who make fun of their players if they get defeat.

My feeling is that Pakistan's rivlary with India is only when Pakistan cricket team is playing India. If India is playing a third country team, I would be routing for India. In an Indian versus Australian match, I support India and not Australia. I have no affinity for Australian or English team. I would rather support fellow Desi team than the Gora team.

Cant watch sport without having some racial view on it ?:disagree:

Back
Top Bottom