What's new

Pak P-3 Orion vs India P-8I

Status
Not open for further replies.
yap I think so we should be satisfied no need to eye big lollipop

The Indian navy is the first international customer for the P-8. Boeing signed a contract Jan. 1, 2009 to deliver eight long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft to the Indian navy. Boeing will deliver the first P-8I within 48 months of contract signing, and the remaining seven by 2015.

India’s immediate need is for eight aircraft, but Boeing believes there is long-term potential for additional aircraft sales.

Which anti-submarine warfare missile will equip P-8I's of IN? Thanks in Advance.

Harpoon-II, Hmmm... Good weapon for Naval use.

Any idea where these will be stationed? At which bases.

we got the same blk II recently and in addition we have the older ones that were supplie in 80z! these are the ones that indians are cryong about that we have modified them for land attack!

regards!

I think in reality Pakistan may modify Block Is into Block-IIs with US assistance or permission. But i hope i am wrong and Pakistan Navy has tested one of our own weapon.

but PN may not be intrested in upgrading them as it will again involve US and now we are fine enough with original blkII and chines C802,803!

regards!

p-8 is latest advance long range maritime security aircraft
where as p-3 is also advance but not like p-8
but for Pakistan p-3 is the best due to offensive position

As far as effectiveness against submarines and new weapon systems go p-8 wins. But given Pakistan's small coastline,p 3's should suffice. I mean they aren't facing each other. They are both trying to take out enemy Subs.

Capabilities-wise, P8i is superior but its more expensive too!

So again boils down to money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom