What's new

Pak P-3 Orion vs India P-8I

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price difference between the 2 planes are crazyly high.

That's because the capability difference between the 2 planes is crazily high.

May 23, 2008: The U.S. and Indian navies will both receive the new American P-8 maritime reconnaissance aircraft at about the same time (2013-14). The Indians are getting eight P-8Is, which will be customized for Indian needs, and be slightly different than the P-8A the Americans will use.

The P-8A Poseidon is based on the widely used Boeing 737 airliner. Although the Boeing 737 based P-8A is a two engine jet, compared to the four engine turboprop P-3, it is a more capable plane. The P-8A has 23 percent more floor space than the P-3, and is larger (118 foot wingspan, versus 100 foot) and heavier (83 tons versus 61). Most other characteristics are the same. Both can stay in the air about ten hours per sortie. Speed is different. Cruise speed for the 737 is 910 kilometers an hour, versus 590 for the P-3. This makes it possible for the P-8A to get to a patrol area faster, which is a major advantage when chasing down subs first spotted by sonar arrays or satellites. However, the P-3 can carry more weapons (9 tons, versus 5.6.) This is less of a factor as the weapons (torpedoes, missiles, mines, sonobouys) are, pound for pound, more effective today and that trend continues. Both carry the same size crew, of 10-11 pilots and equipment operators. Both aircraft carry search radar and various other sensors.

The 737 has, like the P-3. been equipped with hard points on the wings for torpedoes or missiles. The B-737 is a more modern design, and has been used successfully since the 1960s by commercial aviation. Navy aviators are confident that it will be as reliable as the P-3 (which was based on the Electra civilian airliner that first flew in 1954, although only 170 were built, plus 600 P-3s. About 40 Electras are still in service). The Boeing 737 first flew in 1965, and over 5,000 have been built. The P-8A will be the first 737 designed with a bomb bay and four wing racks for weapons. The P-8 costs about $275 million each.Naval Air: India Getting the P-8
The only added capability is more speed and bigger room. P-3 exceeds in Weapons load. Else than this both platforms are almost at par...

I have a question that why India want to destroy our P3C..

Who said anything about India wanting to destroy the P3C right now? In a war situation it becomes obvious but right now we are just comparing capabilities.

p-8l is far better than ours p3 this is the truth:hitwall:
Nothing in the world of micro-processors (science) is perfect nor it can be. Its the scenario, the requirements and the feasibility. P3Cs are near perfect for Pakistan seeing the size of its water boundary and price range. 11-13 PC3s in inventory are doing the job perfectly as of now.
I have a question that why India want to destroy our P3C..
That's not the question. A better question would be, the advantage of India through our destroyed P3Cs. It is the maritime patrol and ability to send submarines in the waters, within certain range or point.

I was just thinking that can our ACLM Raad target a destroyer or a submarine? :what:
Destroy a Submarine? Never can it do it! Destroyer? Nopes. We have got others for the purpose. Those are Mk-46 · A244-S · ET-52C. Pakistan has Mk-46 · ET-52C · F17P Mod 2 · Tp 43X2 · A244-S · SUT Mod 2 · ECAN L5 Mod 3 · DM2A4 · ASROC · VL-ASROC torpedos to target the Destroyers, that'll do work real fine.

Anyways, we are working on Naval versions of Babur.

So far we have 2-3 P3, which ofcourse is an edge on the Indian Navy but not enough.

When India will get P8 [cant get before 2015, Standard P8 will be intriduced in 2013, P8I will be in 2015 and the time of maufacturing and delivery & training of P8I to Indin Navy would take 2-3 more years.....overall IN will get them opertional after 2018], ofcurse they will get edge in quality and quantity both.

But we have enough time ........8 years long period

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Destroy a Submarine? Never can it do it! Destroyer? Nopes. We have got others for the purpose. Those are Mk-46 · A244-S · ET-52C. Pakistan has Mk-46 · ET-52C · F17P Mod 2 · Tp 43X2 · A244-S · SUT Mod 2 · ECAN L5 Mod 3 · DM2A4 · ASROC · VL-ASROC torpedos to target the Destroyers, that'll do work real fine.

Anyways, we are working on Naval versions of Babur.

Naval versions will be launched from Submarines and Frigates for land targets not sea targets.

So far we have 2-3 P3, which ofcourse is an edge on the Indian Navy but not enough.

When India will get P8 [cant get before 2015, Standard P8 will be intriduced in 2013, P8I will be in 2015 and the time of maufacturing and delivery & training of P8I to Indin Navy would take 2-3 more years.....overall IN will get them opertional after 2018], ofcurse they will get edge in quality and quantity both.
The first P8I will get into IN in 2013 not in 2015 and in 2015 you should see all the eight P8-I's(use the link provided below).
The first batch of technicians and pilots may go there(U.S.A) as early as next year.
Don't make such ridiculous statements:argh:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/9507-india-eyes-2b-defence-deal-us-p-8i-2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom