What's new

Pak may never try another Kargil, but it could get worse

The word Hindu in the text books has been used primarily within the historical context and partition of 1947. In the same context, the word Muslim has been used in Indian Text Books as well.

Please do not mislead, and read those books again to understand the context. A lot has been written about it, and if one reads the background of those who carried out the analyses and those who funded such ventures, clarity prevails.

Being a senior moderator does not mean that you can issue a personally perceived fatwa like diktat for others to follow in an open discussion.

I am sorry, but this is how I feel and it will be inordinate if I don't express concern. And this is not an irate expression in any form.

Which Indian Text Book have you read from India... I am a through and through Army School pass out and the only thing mentioning religion I remember is a poem in which it says.. hindu, Muslim, Sikh, isai aapas main hum bhai bhai.. (Means Hindu, Muslim, Sikh and Christians are all brothers!)

and also, we have civic studies compulsory in our school which teaches the basic of democracy and importance and obedience of secularism and constitution.

Tell me the bloody book you liar!

A genuine question Oscar. Over the years since then, have the text books been changed to make their contents more moderate?

Very little, the books published by the local matriculation and intermediate boards today are fairly similar to those printed in the 80's. Just a little less vitriolic. Those published by the Oxford press or otherwise for the O level system schools(a major factor in the urban population) are still better in their portrayal.

Also, if I may add, what role does image of Zaid Hamid play on youth of Pakistan. I get mixed reactions on my search. Please, consider answering it and all the research is leading me to nowhere. Thanks.

Very little..He had his initial "ten minutes of fame" due to the program "brasstacks" which was just pan-Islamsim packaged with some military jargon and Allama Iqbal but proved a good ratings grabber. His talk of revolution was somewhere between PTI and Hizb-ut-Tahrir which was acceptable to all youth who were looking for a figurehead.
However, as his talk descended more and more into unrealistic grandeur it waned interest as well. By this time, PTI's much touted Lahore gathering and Imran Khan's Tsunami were in the news to grab the interest of Pakistani youth.
So his influence is very little to say the least, but he does have ratings value from time to time and so the Media uses that to their advantage.

Which Indian Text Book have you read from India... I am a through and through Army School pass out and the only thing mentioning religion I remember is a poem in which it says.. hindu, Muslim, Sikh, isai aapas main hum bhai bhai.. (Means Hindu, Muslim, Sikh and Christians are all brothers!)

and also, we have civic studies compulsory in our school which teaches the basic of democracy and importance and obedience of secularism and constitution.

Tell me the bloody book you liar!

I am not talking about religion. I am talking about historical context.

The word Hindu in the text books has been used primarily within the historical context and partition of 1947. In the same context, the word Muslim has been used in Indian Text Books as well.

Please do not mislead, and read those books again to understand the context. A lot has been written about it, and if one reads the background of those who carried out the analyses and those who funded such ventures, clarity prevails.

Being a senior moderator does not mean that you can issue a personally perceived fatwa like diktat for others to follow in an open discussion.

I am sorry, but this is how I feel and it will be inordinate if I don't express concern. And this is not an irate expression in any form.
I have been through a DAE school for the first one and a half decade of my life. I can challenge you that no where in my books can u see "muslim" apart from the poem. I am so sure that I can bet my weight in gold. And trust me I am huge.

Foo-Fighter (lol!) is right. Niether the NCERT, CBSE, or ICSE curriculum texts have anything remotely religious.

On the other hand, there are many threads here with verbatim text pasted from your text books.

It makes for nauseating reading.

Even on historical grounds we are taught as "Mughals". And trust me never in my class we had been told to look down on them, on the very contrary we look upto them. They had provided us one of the most beautiful pieces of history. Why should we see them in bad light.

As for partition is concerned, my teachers painted Britishers as the culprits. It wasn't till Kargil that me and my frnds painted Pakistan as an enemy. So u can understand how wrong your post was.

Nassr, don't know about NCERT or CBSE, but in ICSE we never even studied the British Raj or Post Partition history. We had electives beyond a certain section of the Mughal period as well. IVC was a whole separate section.

As mentioned, Civics is all about our Constitution and later.

We just have completely eaten up what happened just before.

Forget about demonising you guys.

Nassr, don't know about NCERT or CBSE, but in ICSE we never even studied the British Raj or Post Partition history. We had electives beyond a certain section of the Mughal period as well. IVC was a whole separate section.

As mentioned, Civics is all about our Constitution and later.

We just have completely eaten up what happened just before.

Forget about demonising you guys.

Wars with Pakistan and China are discovery to many Indians after coming to this forum

The word Hindu can not be excluded from the historical context of creation of this country. No Indian may like it for obvious reasons. Many in Pakistan may not like it, but this is a fact enshrined in history. And we can not change the history. Indians may have their own perspective of history and it may be different from Pakistan's perspective. Some of us Pakistanis may also have their own perspective and as a Pakistani I am not obliged to see history of creation of Pakistan through an Indian point of view. I may need to understand Indian perspective but beyond that, for me, my view of my history is the correct view. Period.

The word Hindu can not be excluded from the historical context of creation of this country. No Indian may like it for obvious reasons. Many in Pakistan may not like it, but this is a fact enshrined in history. And we can not change the history. Indians may have their own perspective of history and it may be different from Pakistan's perspective. Some of us Pakistanis may also have their own perspective and as a Pakistani I am not obliged to see history of creation of Pakistan through an Indian point of view. I may need to understand Indian perspective but beyond that, for me, my view of my history is the correct view. Period.

You are free to do all of the above.

Just dont spew bilge about our texts as a reflection of your own.

Even Taimur Lang was not called a muslim but an invader.... even Akbar was haild for being an awesome king.. never a muslim king... What are you on about man?

The mere fact that Taimur Lang was called an invader and not recognised as a Muslim, speaks volumes about the hidden prejudice.

Back
Top Bottom