What's new

Pak may never try another Kargil, but it could get worse

The mere fact that Taimur Lang was called an invader and not recognised as a Muslim, speaks volumes about the hidden prejudice.

Wah Bhai ...yeh badhiya hai.....Muslim Bol do to ...is baat pe halla ki Muslim Bol diya....Nahi bola toh is baat ka shor ki Muslim nahi bola....:pop:

The mere fact that Taimur Lang was called an invader and not recognised as a Muslim, speaks volumes about the hidden prejudice.

Should his religion be specifically drawn out? :what:

Taimur Lang invasion is seen from a academic context.

Only in wikipedia we realize the iconoclasm and specific targeting and slaughter of a religious group by him.

I am not talking about religion. I am talking about historical context.

Haha, now don't hide behind words. Quote Indian History Book used in schools that speak about Muslims in the way that you do. Or your claim is not worth the paper(sic) its written on.

Context? Ha. Historical context made "Mein Kampf" the epitome of wisdom at some time......................
So talk about the History Books. Stuff Religion, its not relevant to this.

The word Hindu can not be excluded from the historical context of creation of this country. No Indian may like it for obvious reasons. Many in Pakistan may not like it, but this is a fact enshrined in history. And we can not change the history. Indians may have their own perspective of history and it may be different from Pakistan's perspective. Some of us Pakistanis may also have their own perspective and as a Pakistani I am not obliged to see history of creation of Pakistan through an Indian point of view. I may need to understand Indian perspective but beyond that, for me, my view of my history is the correct view. Period.
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...il-but-could-get-worse-100.html#ixzz22lYHMRSK

Well that does'nt speak too highly about how you wish to reason things, Lol.

And Taimur Langda was an invader, now was he indegenious to the soil?
And if he was a muslim was he Indian and less of an invader?
THen Kemal Ataturk was Indian. He was muslim, ergo he was Indian! :lol:

Yeah.. Kind of speaks about the fact that we do not like to attach religion to everything..

JESUS CHRIST!!!

People are known for their deeds first... why do you want people to be known cause of their religion? Religion is an Art of Living... it gives freedom and faith to people... invading, looting and attacking are for personal/self glory. I believe that's the difference.

For example...

Akbar would always known to be a great Indian samrat and yes no doubt he is muslim

Also, Abdul Kalam will be known as a great human who was also President of India (I wish he becomes again, even PM) and yes no doubt he is a great muslim

Think before you type... hatred is prejudiced as AIDS is to humans

Not your fault. A Pakistani with an Pakistani upbringing and education.

We see people as Indian (historically, we recognize India as far more encompassing than her current political boundaries) or outsiders. Period.

No Hindu Muslim BS.

That comes from a strong sense of history and the shared heritage of a single peoplehood.

We recognize the lacunae on your side. And the circular perambulation to build a historical perspective fitting the creation of your nation.

JESUS CHRIST!!!

People are known for their deeds first... why do you want people to be known cause of their religion? Religion is an Art of Living... it gives freedom and faith to people... invading, looting and attacking are for personal/self glory. I believe that's the difference.

For example...

Akbar would always known to be a great Indian samrat and yes no doubt he is muslim

Also, Abdul Kalam will be known as a great human who was also President of India (I wish he becomes again, even PM) and yes no doubt he is a great muslim

Think before you type... hatred is prejudiced as AIDS is to humans

You need to understand his frame of reference.. He is still stuck in the pre 1947 ideology where the identity of Pakistan was "Part of India meant for MUSLIMS". So anything not painted in a religious color is kind of invisible or incomprehensible for him

History not religion.
It may come as shock to you but in India institutes are careful in what they imbibe. Teachers are respected, sometimes even more than parents. I have family history of teachers. (sarcastically sometimes I say history of teachers is my family. :-)) I know our education system must not be the worlds best, but it is definitely better than the rest.

See how you guys revolt in unison when I said that you call him an invader and not a Muslim.

For us in Pakistan, and Muslims before the division of India, he was and still is a hero. All those whom you call invaders, are revered as heroes in Pakistan.

This is the difference in historical perspective Indians and Pakistanis follow. It can not change and should not change. Let us be. And within all this, we can live peacefully. Make an attempt instead of mocking my version of history.

Understand my version as I try to understand your version and learn to move on.

See how you guys revolt in unison when I said that you call him an invader and not a Muslim.

For us in Pakistan, and Muslims before the division of India, he was and still is a hero. All those whom you call invaders, are revered as heroes in Pakistan.

This is the difference in historical perspective Indians and Pakistanis follow. It can not change and should not change. Let us be. And within all this, we can live peacefully. Make an attempt instead of mocking my version of history.

Understand my version as I try to understand your version and learn move on.

Seriously! :what:

Taimur killed more Muslims than other religious groups.

Understand my version as I try to understand your version and learn move on.

We understand you better than any people or nation in the world.

You should limit yourself to your own perspective if you do not want to be attacked.

You claimed some Muslim BS about our books which is what ALL Indians are jumping on you for.

With good reason.

Brother, Pakistan and India were one then. At, that time India/bharat whatever you wish to call it was looted by this guy, it's your choice to hail him as a hero, we will remember him for killing our hindu and muslim brother alike for his personal glory. I will prefer to know a friend who is muslim... then a muslim who may kill my friend.

See how you guys revolt in unison when I said that you call him an invader and not a Muslim. For us in Pakistan, and Muslims before the division of India, he was and still is a hero. All those whom you call invaders, are revered as heroes in Pakistan.

Oh so now you are looking for your missing Pacifier!
Taimur Langda was a Muslim Invader. QED.
He was'nt Indian and he was definitely an Invader while he was a Muslim.
Now was he a Muslim Pilgrim?
Sure he can be your hero or anybody elses.
But still an Invader (since he was neither a born or naturalised Indian).

Sure you can have your "version of history". Anybody can, even the Somalis and North Koreans can.

Your beef was with the "supposedly" Indian description of Muslims in History Books. Talk specifically and authentically about it.
In short, put your money where your mouth is, please.

ha ha ha .......

Pray tell me if Hindus didn't kill Hindus in Indian history. What was Mahabharata about.

When Muslims were ruling India, there were times when Muslims allied with other Muslims attacked Hindu led states, there were times when Muslims allied with Hindus attacked Muslim states and there also were times when Muslims allied with Hindus attacked Hindu rulers of a state.

They both, allied together or against each other killed thousands and thousands in this manner.

You look at history as being Hindus only. And link it with thousands of year old Hindu Kingdoms which were Buddhist as well at certain times and Muslim as well at certain times. Buddhist reign was OK, Muslim reign was bad. Why look at history from such a narrow angle instead of looking at history as history. We find it difficult as well.

Is there a civilizational motive in all this. May be yes. Can we change it. May be yes and may be no. Can we make an effort. Yes we can.

It is a mistake for indians to judge people of the middle ages with today's standards, the classic approach for any conquering army anywhere in the ancient world, was to loot and pillage.

Look at Julius Caesar - he often behaved brutally with conquered people - but is revered today as a military genius - same with Babur, Ghauri, Timur and co. And as if indian rulers were more humane, don't make me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom