What's new

Pak may never try another Kargil, but it could get worse

The indian soldiers were brave, but it was basically a turkey shoot for our troops, because the indians were so packed together, you didn't even have to aim, just shoot in the general direction and watch them fall, the ones that died straight away were lucky in my opinion, the ones that were injured and suffered for days.

For a grown man to cry out for his mother, and that too a trained soldier, is truly heart breaking. Most of the indians were kids, just like our lot.

More Indian soldiers died compared to Pakistan, it was a bloody skirmish and i pray to God it never happens.

I will be the first one to say that Kargil was a cluster f*** for Pakistan and Musharraf fu**ed up big in this operation. But be objective for a second here, the purpose of the Indian Army is to defend and protect each and every piece of Indian territory whether its worthless or worth while piece of land. After Kargil ended, Pakistan Army is still in possession of some of the peaks which were previously occupied by Indian Army and are considered part of Indian held Kashmir. Would you consider this a failure or a success on the part of Indian Army? Food for thought.
Disagree mate.
Over 4000 Pakistani soldiers died and also retreated from what they wanted.

On the other hand, they should not have been allowed to occupy even the one peak 5353 that they do. It was an utter failure of intelligence in India.
Yet i would say we won.

I wonder whose statement of events is more reliable, a person who was involved in the whole thing or a person who disowns it. The answer is quite literally pretty clear.

It is the month of Ramadan and I want to give a little solace to our neighbors. 400000 died actually. ;)

:lol:

So what do you have to show for those 40000 or 4000 or 400 dead of yours?..when we start a war...we actually gain something have some thing to show for it, when you did..you just gained internal humiliation, international criticism and a military Kuh?

By the way point 5353 was occupied by IA in the past at some point of time.

Fact and fiction on Point 5353

So whether it was on LOC or behind LOC or in front of LOC. IA did occupied it at some time.

this is your point 5353. that's all you got in return to cheer up at the end of the bloody war and humiliating defeat both militarily and diplomatically. Pakistan lost it's face in front of the world.

I bet none of your generals will think of another kargil even if they are guaranteed to get three or four peeks like 5353.

You guys are posting more, reading less. Slow down guys.

Here is the tapped calls between Musharraf and Lt General Mohammed Aziz:
May 26

(The Army Chief is informed that India has begun strafing and bombing their positions from high altitude.)

Lt Gen Aziz to Gen Musharraf: ``The situation is that we are along our defensive Line of Control...they (India) are not agreed on the demarcation under UNs verification, whereas we are agreed. We want to exploit it."

Musharraf: Has this MI-17 not fallen in our area?

Aziz: No sir. This has fallen in their area. We have not claimed it. We have got it claimed through the Mujahideen.

Musharraf:Well done.

May 29

(The day Indian air-strikes began)

Musharraf to Aziz: ``The door of discussion, dialogue must be kept open and rest, no change in ground situation.''

Aziz: ``We told him (Nawaz Sharif) there is no reason of alarm and panic. Then he said that I came to know 7 days back, when Corps Commanders were told. The entire reason for the success of this operation was this total secrecy.''

The indian soldiers were brave, but it was basically a turkey shoot for our troops, because the indians were so packed together, you didn't even have to aim, just shoot in the general direction and watch them fall, the ones that died straight away were lucky in my opinion, the ones that were injured and suffered for days.

For a grown man to cry out for his mother, and that too a trained soldier, is truly heart breaking. Most of the indians were kids, just like our lot.
Quite agree, but i think its rather sad if an Army which calls itself a professional army, and has run a country quite a few times to refuse to accept its own dead soldiers and disown them.

So what do you have to show for those 40000 or 4000 or 400 dead of yours?..when we start a war...we actually gain something have some thing to show for it, when you did..you just gained internal humiliation, international criticism and a military Kuh?

We still occupy posts that we occupied during Kargil war. And future generations are going to Kargil war as a turkey shoot. The veterans are here to tell the story.

This peak allows our artillery observers to close down vital national highways that are vital supply routes into IOK.

Last edited by a moderator:
You still believe in Mr Fernandes?

Despite coffin scam? :disagree:

When you can have a convicted fraud as President and another convict as a Prime minister at the same time (Andher Nagri Chaupat Raja) , believing Fernandez is a much smaller leap of faith... :lol:

You guys are posting more, reading less. Slow down guys.

Here is the tapped calls between Musharraf and Lt General Mohammed Aziz:
May 26

(The Army Chief is informed that India has begun strafing and bombing their positions from high altitude.)

Lt Gen Aziz to Gen Musharraf: ``The situation is that we are along our defensive Line of Control...they (India) are not agreed on the demarcation under UNs verification, whereas we are agreed. We want to exploit it."

Musharraf: Has this MI-17 not fallen in our area?

Aziz: No sir. This has fallen in their area. We have not claimed it. We have got it claimed through the Mujahideen.

Musharraf:Well done.

May 29

(The day Indian air-strikes began)

Musharraf to Aziz: ``The door of discussion, dialogue must be kept open and rest, no change in ground situation.''

Aziz: ``We told him (Nawaz Sharif) there is no reason of alarm and panic. Then he said that I came to know 7 days back, when Corps Commanders were told. The entire reason for the success of this operation was this total secrecy.''

OMG. Musharraf call was taped. What will happen now?

Again you failed to tape the phone when it was needed. :rolleyes:

So how can you say with surety that Pakistan lost more soldiers than India? You are just contradicting yourself here buddy.

Nawaz Sharif said 4000 Pakistani troops died. All sources apart from Musharraf's book says more Pakistani soldiers died. Its 13 years already, it is the right of Pakistani people to know the names of Pakistani soldiers killed.

So Point 5353 is not under Pakistan Army's control :rolleyes:?
I think you should google about statement of George Fernandes in Parliament.

When you can have a convicted fraud as President and another convict as a Prime minister at the same time (Andher Nagri Chaupat Raja) , believing Fernandez is a much smaller leap of faith... :lol:

So you are following us. Good after obsession this is the next stage. ;)

Quite agree, but i think its rather sad if an Army which calls itself a professional army, and has run a country quite a few times to refuse to accept its own dead soldiers and disown them.

And award Gallentry medals to its dead soldiers only after a decade to save itself from international ridicule.. Talk about being selfish..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom