What's new

Pak may never try another Kargil, but it could get worse

And award Gallentry medals to its dead soldiers only after a decade to save itself from international ridicule.. Talk about being selfish..

Yeah like every country in this world was demanding Pakistan to honor them. how logical Karan. Keep it up. :)

Disagree mate.
Over 4000 Pakistani soldiers died and also retreated from what they wanted.

On the other hand, they should not have been allowed to occupy even the one peak 5353 that they do. It was an utter failure of intelligence in India.
Yet i would say we won.

Sir

The 4000 number is highly inflated. Most of the men whom died mostly belonged to the Mujahideen. PA regulars only took heavy casualties during their retreat near the end of the war and i can assure you the number is no way near 4000.

I am not disagreeing with the fact that it was a massive political victory for India. No doubt it was and rightly so. Musharraf just handed them a diplomatic victory right on the platter, the Indian diplomats didn't had to do much. But where i disagree with you is where people claim that it was an absolute military victory for the Indian Army. The objective for the Indian Army was to retake every peak that was lost to Pakistani Army. Failure to capture even one peak means that the Indian Army failed in her objectives and that in my opinion is a failure. At best in my opinion the military side of Kargil was a stalemate at best. Pakistan came out with more territory in her kitty.

Yeah like every country in this world was demanding Pakistan to honor them. how logical Karan. Keep it up. :)

Dude you need a course in English comprehension.. Pakistan DELAYED the awards to avoid admitting that the intruders who Pakistan claimed, were militants were actually out of uniform Pakistani army men...

I heard some Officers took pity on the wounded indian soldiers and ordered sharp shooters to put them out of their misery, It sounds terrible, but it was actually a merciful act, those poor guys had no chance of being medi-vac'd and were just suffering like animals.

This peak allows our artillery observers to close down vital national highways that are vital supply routes into IOK.

Meh! If that makes you happy..sure..im glad for you! Not that you will still ever be able to stop supplies ;)

While the rest of your country mourns the loss that Kargil was for your country!
Evicted from all of Kargil but point 5353 for a sacrifice of over 4000 soldiers, who in the end were not accepted and disowned and martial law in your country!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude you need a course in English comprehension.. Pakistan DELAYED the awards to avoid admitting that the intruders who Pakistan claimed, were militants were actually out of uniform Pakistani army men...

Sher khan and Lalak Jan shaheed were conferred NH right after the war. So your delayed story is just another story associated with Kargil famous among Indians.

I heard some Officers took pity on the wounded indian soldiers and ordered sharp shooters to put them out of their misery, It sounds terrible, but it was actually a merciful act, those poor guys had no chance of being medi-vac'd and were just suffering like animals.

Unfortunately Xeric isn't here. He had many stories to share from Kargil. ;)

We still occupy posts that we occupied during Kargil war. And future generations are going to Kargil war as a turkey shoot. The veterans are here to tell the story.

You just hold one peak of hundred of peaks initially captured..commendable performance..loosing hundred(some say thousands) to just occupy one peak..if you continue like this you might loose your entire army..before you make any substantial gains.

Sure it was a turkey shoot ..for our high level bombers and arty guns.. think twice before you trust those veterans..they even able to substantiate their claims.

You just hold one peak of hundred of peaks initially captured..commendable performance..loosing hundred(some say thousands) to just occupy one peak..if you continue like this you might loose your entire army..before you make any substantial gains.

Sure it was a turkey shoot ..for our high level bombers and arty guns.. think twice before you trust those veterans..they even able to substantiate their claims.

It was a military operation. Casualties happen. Even IA might have conducted operations where they have suffered serious casualties and gained very less in return. Anyways those posts do have significance by the way.

This peak allows our artillery observers to close down vital national highways that are vital supply routes into IOK.

Our infrastructure in Jammu and Kashmir is much better now compared to 1999.:rolleyes: Just wait for few years more it will get much better. :agree:

^^
Your then serving Prime Minister has said that Pakistan suffered over 4000 dead.

The indian soldiers were thrown into the deep end, they were given absurd orders to frontally charge our posts - the injuries and carnage was awesome to behold, barrels of our GPMG's going red from the sheer amount of firepower being put out. Also RPG's with anti personnel warheads were devastating to the close ranks of indian infantry.

Indians at it again-
The empty vessel always makes more noise-
and the common everyday mass indian general dumb public needs constant reassurances- every now and then about kargil-

Back
Top Bottom