What's new

Pak frees all arrested JuD leaders

well atleast im sure that GoP is not involved in this. we have got a free judiciary and this decision is based on facts.

it'd be great if you provide that link...
well sajjad lone a separatist leader contested to the mainstream elections; this is an clear indication that the so called separatist leaders have lost their hold and people have given a clear mandate to omar abdullah......
its simple the air has changed with % of voters going above 50%... people of kashmiris are no more kashmiris but INDIANS...

well im not gonna go through the whole forum to find that thread. will give u the link if i come across it.
also i wish that this air changes and u finally decide to hold plabecite hopin that they will vote for u:lol:

Not a good sign. Also not surprised with the open support of terrorism here, this is still JUD, the not so different front. A recent survey showed 45% Pakistanis think LET is a good org :)

Ya its alright talking smack about mumbai attacks (unethical, but you guys are religious, you know better), in reality this is gonna bite you in the tender parts, then you can talk more smack.

Not a good sign. Also not surprised with the open support of terrorism here, this is still JUD, the not so different front. A recent survey showed 45% Pakistanis think LET is a good org :)

Ya its alright talking smack about mumbai attacks (unethical, but you guys are religious, you know better), in reality this is gonna bite you in the tender parts, then you can talk more smack.

man come on. y would we lik anyone who kills innocent ppl. but tell me onething. y should a judge give judgement against someone if no proof is found. u r atleast sure about one thing that now our judiciary in not under gov control. it does wat is rit.

man come on. y would we lik anyone who kills innocent ppl. but tell me onething. y should a judge give judgement against someone if no proof is found. u r atleast sure about one thing that now our judiciary in not under gov control. it does wat is rit.

I only quoted a survey, it has been posted here. Also, I was responding to members here who were proudly calling 'mumbai just the start', praising indian embassy bombing etc etc. I hope you read those posts.

You are right that this decision could be a technical one based on how the case has been built up / what evidence is available etc etc. But I'm skeptical because JUD was run by the same people in the same compound when LET was supposedly banned, I hope you understand why I'm skeptical.

I only quoted a survey, it has been posted here. Also, I was responding to members here who were proudly calling 'mumbai just the start', praising indian embassy bombing etc etc. I hope you read those posts.

You are right that this decision could be a technical one based on how the case has been built up / what evidence is available etc etc. But I'm skeptical because JUD was run by the same people in the same compound when LET was supposedly banned, I hope you understand why I'm skeptical.

i know wat u r on about. but lik u suggested this decision is more lik a technical one. there are many things which dont matter in court room

Well your country has done more than praise, they have provided the Talibans in Pakistan with money and weapons. If the Indians keep this up, dont cry like a little bit** if bombs blow up in Delhi, Bombay, Calcutta, Madras :rolleyes:

Whos crying when Zardari repeatedly pleads Manmohan to resume Kashmir dialogue. Infact Dr. Singh has been bugged so many times by the same question by Pakistani journlists even at the G-20 summit, only to be turned down.

You may have had a habit of facing bomblasts, daily we dont. So we feel for our citizens. Taliban is you own creations and your own asset that you are battling against to save yourself. Dont pin it on India. Its not gonna buy you any goods except within Pakistan.

Pakistan has always indulged in a tit-for-tat strategy. All hullabo, no substance, no proof. Infact all ATM meetings before 26/11, had India giving proof of Pakistani involvement in blasts in India, while Pakistan could muster nothing on the high table. So I dont I take you allegations are a megre propaganda run by your government, with no substance for the last 60 years.

Why do you kill Kashmiris, torture them, shoot in demonstrations? Is that ur free world?

If all of this would have happened Kashmir wouldnt have recorded a 60% voter turnout, despite seperatist calls for boycott. So yes it is a freeworld.

godsavetheworld:

Right after I specifically said that no more Kashmir on this thread, you chose to reply on Kashmir - and the thread went down the drain as expected.

Take a break for a week.

Perhaps, but its also because most Pakistanis believe that the Mumbai attacks were carried out by India, and not the LeT. That support mentioned in the survey is not for terrorism or an organization that commits terrorism - it is for an organization largely considered to be primarily fighting against Indian forces in Kashmir, and not carrying out terrorist attacks.

This support is similar to the support for OBL amongst some Pakistanis - when you ask them why, they don't think he carried out 911 (the CIA or Mossad did it) and that he was framed by the US as an excuse to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Polls are always tricky like that, and one should understand the underlying sentiment that results in certain answers.

The JuD is supported even more because it operates primarily as a non-profit with hundreds of charities (schools, clinics etc.). This is where the pressure on the Pakistani government comes into play from the public - they see that no trial was conducted nor any evidence presented against the JuD, yet it was banned.

godsavetheworld:
Infact all ATM meetings before 26/11, had India giving proof of Pakistani involvement in blasts in India, while Pakistan could muster nothing on the high table

So say you - I would argue that India has never presented any evidence against Pakistani institutions period - not even with the Mumbai attacks, where India even managed to catch one of the perpetrators alive, had intercepts, and a treasure trove of evidence related to the plotting and planning of the attack.

And what is the evidence against Pakistani institutions? Nothing, zilch nada.

You seem to think that just because your government issues statements saying Pakistan and the ISI is involved and they have evidence showing this, that that is proof.

India has never had evidence implicating Pakistani institutions in terrorism - the only thing you may have tied us to is support for the freedom struggle in Kashmir against Indian occupation.

India has never had evidence implicating Pakistani institutions in terrorism

That is a false statement Mr. Am, The kabul Indian embassy bombing was done by your institutions, and other Intell agency collaborated on this issue.

American intelligence agencies have concluded that members of Pakistan’s powerful spy service helped plan the deadly July 7 bombing of India’s embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, according to United States government officials.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/world/asia/01pstan.html

Similiarly one can deduce what has been done in the past can likely apply to other means (Mumbai attacks). Making bold statement of denial does not give one vindication of not involvement. Infact the more terrorist acts that happens in other soil, the more focused is placed on Pakistanie establishment, simply because of not curbing it or the motivation to do so.

Its clear as daylight who is 'occupying' Kashmir and who is supporting their freedom. Pakistani media handled the immature Indian offensive after Mumbai attacks with great professionalism. Unlike the Indian side, nobody in Pak jumped to conclusions or did any excessive whining or bellowing.
However India gained reputation for being a warmongering state which easily jumps to conclusions and simply whines a lot. Indian Army itself did more damage than the terrorists, and Israel confirmed this by demanding an investigation.

I think the whole incident made India come across as an obstacle to Pakistan's commitment to the war on terror, hence the word Kashmir began popping up all over Washington.

And the new adminstration gladly help the matter on pakistans favor after appointing Holbrook, Right!!!:whistle:

Govt has ‘enough material’ against JD

LAHORE: The federal government has “enough material” against Jamaatud Dawa (JD) leaders, but could not produce it before the court, Attorney General Latif Khosa told a full bench of the Lahore High Court (LHC) on Wednesday.

He was arguing on a petition against the detention of JD leaders Hafiz Saeed and Col (r) Nazir Ahmad. He said the leaders were detained after the United Nations imposed sanctions on them. The attorney general said the alleged involvement of the JD in last year’s Mumbai attacks compelled the government to detain them. The petitioners’ counsel AK Dogar said a review board of the LHC had already released four JD leaders. On Khosa’s request, the bench adjourned the hearing until May 30.

JuD has links with al-Qaeda, says Pak govt

Sat, May 30 06:37 PM

M Zulqernain Lahore, May 30 (PTI) For the first time, Pakistan government today admitted that the Jamaat-ud-Dawah, blamed for the 26/11 attacks, has "prima facie" links with al-Qaeda, as it justified the detention of JuD chief Hafiz Saeed and another top leader after the terror strikes on Mumbai. Submitting his arguments on Saeed -- also the founder of Lashkar-e-Toiba -- and Col (retd) Nazir Ahmed's petition against their detention, Attorney General Latif Khosa told the Lahore High Court that the government had received "evidence" that showed the JuD "prima facie has links with al-Qaeda.

" Khosa said the government had "classified information" that would justify the detention of the JuD leaders. On his request, the three-member bench, headed by Justice Ijaz Ahmed Chaudhry, had a closed-door meeting with him where he apprised them of the classified information in this regard.

The court adjourned the hearing till Monday. A K Dogar, counsel for Saeed and Nazir, protested against the in-camera briefing, saying that it was the right of his clients to know about the grounds of their detention.

He said if the government had any "legal justification", it must be provided to them as well. Responding to Dogar's statement, Khosa said the judicial review board had extended the detention period of the JuD leaders and also provided legal grounds in this respect.

PTI.

Mumbai terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed opposes Swat Operation

Tue, Jun 2 06:35 PM

Lahore, June 2 (ANI): Immediately after his release from house arrest on Tuesday, the Mumbai terror attacks' mastermind Hafiz Saeed has said that Pak forces should be brought back from the Swat region, as there was no need to fight.

Geo TV quoted Saeed as saying that he neither supports the suicide attacks nor does he accept the Swat Operation.

Appreciating Lahore High Court's verdict to release him from the House arrest, Saeed said the court order was the victory of justice and law, adding the government tried to link his group to Al-Qaeda.

Saeed also said that Ajmal Kasab has not been in touch with him or his organization. (ANI)

Definetly a right decision by JUDGES. There was no classified info, KHOSA was just trying to buy & bully them on behalf of others. Well its time they find out that its not the same 'judiciary' anymore

Back
Top Bottom