What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry the project is J-xx not J-11

J-XX 5th-Generation Fighter Aircraft

China is believed to have been conducting preliminary research on its fifth -generation fighter aircraft since the late 1990s. The fighter, codenamed by Western intelligence as J-XX or XXJ, was described as an advanced F-22-class twin-engine stealth fighter with extensive radar cross section (RCS) reduction features such as internal weapon bay. So far very little information regarding the project has been revealed, though it is understood that the two primary fighter aircraft design institutes of the China Aviation Industries Corporation (AVIC) – Shenyang Aircraft Design Institute (601 Institute) and Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute (611 Institute) – have both been working on their own designs to bid for the PLA’s contract.

ok good......but how the hell is indo-russian jv pakfa gonna help this chinese project?!

Chinese are good in using reaches work even secretly done in USA so Its Russia for $$ they will help Chinese in making J-xx work and why to reinvent the wheel again when they can copy tech from Indo-Russian PAK-FA/ FGFA project.

Chinese are good in using reaches work even secretly done in USA so Its Russia for $$ they will help Chinese in making J-xx work and why to reinvent the wheel again when they can copy tech from Indo-Russian PAK-FA/ FGFA project.

stop posting bs.......

:rofl:
So you are hoping Chinese will copy this aircraft? Copy is not good as original. Who know when PAK-FA is going to be ready for induction and you were saying that China is working 5TH GEN since 1990s, so chinese are suppose to be ahead this right? Russia will never export this air craft to Chinese due to India being partner in this project.

Man I really thought that you might have good logical argument or explanation. I was wrong!!!!!!

Sorry the project is J-xx not J-11

J-XX 5th-Generation Fighter Aircraft

China is believed to have been conducting preliminary research on its fifth -generation fighter aircraft since the late 1990s. The fighter, codenamed by Western intelligence as J-XX or XXJ, was described as an advanced F-22-class twin-engine stealth fighter with extensive radar cross section (RCS) reduction features such as internal weapon bay. So far very little information regarding the project has been revealed, though it is understood that the two primary fighter aircraft design institutes of the China Aviation Industries Corporation (AVIC) – Shenyang Aircraft Design Institute (601 Institute) and Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute (611 Institute) – have both been working on their own designs to bid for the PLA’s contract.

Huston we got a problem.......

Gin ka Pakistan might be true. The Russians have refused to commit to us regarding the exclusivity of the tech. In fact this was supposed to be major bone of contention between the MoD and Russia. India wanted Russia to commit that they wouldn't sell these jets to China, but Russia refused to agree to that. If Chinese indeed show interest in the PAK-FA, then the cash strapped Russians might be forced to sell it to China. But, the FGFA like the MKI will be custom made for India and I don't think the Chinese will be able to get their hands on that!

Pakfa is gonna be inducted in the iaf itself post 2017........so this project helping the jxx project IS bs

:rofl:
So you are hoping Chinese will copy this aircraft? Copy is not good as original. Who know when PAK-FA is going to be ready for induction and you were saying that China is working 5TH GEN since 1990s, so chinese are suppose to be ahead this right? Russia will never export this air craft to Chinese due to India being partner in this project.

Man I really thought that you might have good logical argument or explanation. I was wrong!!!!!!

Who said export , its using others technology for their own use.
J-10 == F-16
J-11 == Su27 or Su31
J-xx == PAK-FA

Gin ka Pakistan might be true. The Russians have refused to commit to us regarding the exclusivity of the tech. In fact this was supposed to be major bone of contention between the MoD and Russia. India wanted Russia to commit that they wouldn't sell these jets to China, but Russia refused to agree to that. If Chinese indeed show interest in the PAK-FA, then the cash strapped Russians might be forced to sell it to China. But, the FGFA like the MKI will be custom made for India and I don't think the Chinese will be able to get their hands on that!

Russians have refused to commit to us regarding the exclusivity of the tech. :china:

Who said export , its using others technology for their own use.
J-10 == F-16
J-11 == Su27 or Su31
J-xx == PAK-FA

J-11== Su27: Chinese have Su27 in thier Air force, so they can copy that.
J-10==F-16: How is J-10 is equivlent to F-16? Outer shape does not mean that it's good as F-16. F-16 will take J-10 out of the sky any give day.

J-xx == PAK-FA ???????????????????????????????????????????

J-10 is based on Israeli project to modify F-16 taken up by Chinese later
in 90s Japan had the same project X to modify F-16.

J-10 is based on Israeli project to modify F-16 taken up by Chinese later
in 90s Japan had the same project X to modify F-16.

Yes Israelis were making the Lavi which was shelved. Not sure if it was a modification of the F-16. It is also similar to Mig-33, another project which did not take off.

J-10==F-16: How is J-10 is equivlent to F-16? Outer shape does not mean that it's good as F-16. F-16 will take J-10 out of the sky any give day.
Gabbar, it is widely believed that the upgraded J-10 will be equivalent to top Block F-16s in terms of multifaceted capabilities. Of course, this is all hearsay until something concrete comes out. But, I don't see why the Chinese would be interested in producing anything that is inferior to one of the most widely used fighters in the world, especially when India is getting stronger with Su-30MKIs and MMRCAs.

Yes Israelis were making the Lavi which was shelved. Not sure if it was a modification of the F-16.
The Lavi was an F-16 modification, but the J-10 is not a Lavi modification or upgrade. That is a widespread misunderstanding. Research data from the Lavi project may have been made available to the Chinese, of course, but that is common practice in the world of aviation.

This happened with the Biritish as well. They are the only Level 1 partners in the JSF program, but the Americans have refused to make available to them in-house production capability as well as the right to dictate foreign sales. I don't believe Russia will ever want India to dictate its foreign policy and military sales, especially since India has been turning more and more towards the West for military needs. I believe India will have to settle for a compromise, which is fine, because the Indians will still have the ability to customize the FGFA to their needs, unlike other foreign customers.

Edit
I just realized that I helped in the hijacking of this thread, titled "Indo-Russian PAK-FA/ FGFA". I apologise. Let's get back on topic.

According to some sources, the PAK-FA is supposed to begin flight-testing by 2010. How is this possible? it took the Americans 20 years to complete the ATF program, and even longer if you consider the lead-up projects such as the SR-71, F-117, B-2 etc. The only Russian aircraft that I've seen demonstrating "next-gen" technology was the Su-47. Maybe I am just ill-informed of Russian progress in this area, in which case, I hope someone can fill me.

Gabbar, it is widely believed that the upgraded J-10 will be equivalent to top Block F-16s in terms of multifaceted capabilities. Of course, this is all hearsay until something concrete comes out. But, I don't see why the Chinese would be interested in producing anything that is inferior to one of the most widely used fighters in the world, especially when India is getting stronger with Su-30MKIs and MMRCAs.

The Lavi was an F-16 modification, but the J-10 is not a Lavi modification or upgrade. That is a widespread misunderstanding. Research data from the Lavi project may have been made available to the Chinese, of course, but that is common practice in the world of aviation.

This happened with the Biritish as well. They are the only Level 1 partners in the JSF program, but the Americans have refused to make available to them in-house production capability as well as the right to dictate foreign sales. I don't believe Russia will ever want India to dictate its foreign policy and military sales, especially since India has been turning more and more towards the West for military needs. I believe India will have to settle for a compromise, which is fine, because the Indians will still have the ability to customize the FGFA to their needs, unlike other foreign customers.

Edit
I just realized that I helped in the hijacking of this thread, titled "Indo-Russian PAK-FA/ FGFA". I apologise. Let's get back on topic.

According to some sources, the PAK-FA is supposed to begin flight-testing by 2010. How is this possible? it took the Americans 20 years to complete the ATF program, and even longer if you consider the lead-up projects such as the SR-71, F-117, B-2 etc. The only Russian aircraft that I've seen demonstrating "next-gen" technology was the Su-47. Maybe I am just ill-informed of Russian progress in this area, in which case, I hope someone can fill me.

Bhai,remember that the Americans started there 5th gen programme when others were just having a mature introduction of there 4th gen A.Cs.So they had to take a huge leap,even the russies had such ambitions but after the colapse of USSR,it just remained on paper.Now things r different,any country having a good 4++ a.c. platform and a good knowledge of stealth can easily aim for the next gen A.C.
:enjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom