What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah cockmuncher - those are just photoshop images and the one i posted are wind tunnel modal.

till now pak-fa is kept secret and we have no proof of its final airframe shape. :cheers:

no photoshop, no wind tunnel model.....
the images you guys are posting are made using autodesk 3ds max and autodesk maya.....
the images presented on first page are made in 3ds max and rendered using v-ray engine.....
the image with the cloth, is made in maya using n-cloth.....
i hope that helps.... :tup:
regards

I found these set of new pics for PAKFA on militaryphotos.net, posted by a forumer named Xav.

They are, in all probability ps'ed pics/concepts, but by far the best I have seen! Enjoy

:woot:

Comments...:coffee:

Sweet Mother Of Lord.:woot:

I think that sukhoi is pushing so hard for a 1st flight in 2009 is because 2009 happens to be the 60th year of the SDB.
hopefully Sukhoi might fly the PAK-FA on - around a date representing a milestone for SUKHOI - As a morale booster for the company. ????

By the way, the russian abbreviation PAK FA mean something like "Advanced Tactical Aviation Aircraft Complex", or more precisely "Perspective Aircraft Complex of Frontline Aviation" (рус. Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации). But there is problem in 100% correct translation, because some specifics of russian military-technical language.

AND as bonus : )

Im translated for you russian video from post #19. Here english text (its about engine - not plane).

(TV dictor)
- Our correspondent was able to visit the first tests of unique fifth generation engine . There is full-scale works on Russia's largest warfactory "Salut".

(Correspondent)
- Slight hissing, clicking, and a cluster with titanium plates, jet engine moves to the left. Another click - right, and then to the bottom and on a circle. Movement is managed by the computer. He also controls such simple, just at first view, turning mechanism. To make it work on real engines, nearly 10 years all the major aviation companies hard worked worldwide.

This is a test room. It is tightly closed. Next to him will be using cameras and computers. The air flow rate in the chamber - 120-150 kilometers per hour.

Run. Power grows. Thrust 3 tons, 5, 10.5. Now the most difficult. Reactive jet starts go to side. The temperature at the outlet of above 1000 degrees. The throw to the right, mimicking the sharp anti-missile maneuver of aircraft in combat. Now to left. Leaf yields of nozzle pressure, but the computer finds the correct balance.

(One of constructors)
- The fifth-generation engine must have a high performance, but it should be simple, cheap and interchangeable with regard to existing aircraft for modernization. This is how we make it.

(Correspondent)
- In the halls of factory workers say about new engine: "our engine." Previously, similar tests were conducted in an atmosphere of secrecy, but now the regime is more open. And it has brought its results

(One of factory engineers)
- All employees are encouraged by success, they fell their significance. In our group a wonderful atmosphere. They are constantly, day and night working to improve the engine, make it even better.

(Correspondent)
- Prospects for the new engine are immense. It is important that the scheme is mainly use the serial hubs that have multi tests in time. Its reliability is very high.
Its use will enable revive the scheme of one-engine. Russia has about 600 such machines. Big interest has been from military of India, which has 700 fighter aircraft ready for this powerful update. This renew jets of 3 generation to 4+ generation. India provided the the factory test aircraft for these promising developments.

This engine is unique in the world. And after two years he will be serialized.

Last edited:
1. Sukhoi is suddenly coy about the prospects for the first flight of the T-50 demonstrator by end-year. It was only a few months ago that Sukhoi CEO Mikhail Pogosyan confidently predicted the PAK-FA demonstrator would fly before 2010. Asked about that prediction today, he told reporters that Sukhoi would have more information about first flight at the Farnborough air show next July.

delayed - Postponed again.................

Random 5: Paris Air Show Day 1 - The DEW Line
--------------------

June 15, 2009, (Sawf News) - The Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) being developed by Russia with some Indian financing is unlikely to take to the air by the end of this year as projected earlier, reports Flight Magazine.

Referring to earlier reports that the first demonstrator will fly before the end of 2009, with serial production starting by 2010, Sukhoi CEO Mikhail Pogosyan played coy on the opening day of Paris Air Show, June 15, saying he would have more information about first flight at the Farnborough air show next July!

Speaking at the sidelines of a meeting in Russian Far East city of Komsomolsk-on-Amur Monday, May 11, Russian deputy prime minister Sergei Ivanov told journalists:

"By the end of this year, the plane will rise into the air and flight tests will begin."

According to announced plans, the FGFA is to be inducted into the Russian Air Force by 2015 and into the Indian Air Force by 2017.

The fighter, estimated to be in the 30t category, is expected to feature super maneuverability, super cruise and stealth with an internal weapon bay. It is also expected to feature an advanced variant of the Tikhomirov Instrument Engineering Research Institute developed N035 Irbis-E radar that equips the Su-35BM.

Russia and India will simultaneously develop two versions of the combat aircraft - a two-seat version to meet the requirements of India's air superiority policy, and a single-seat version for the Russian Air Force.

News Copyright © Sawf News. May not be reproduced without explicit written permission

http://kuku.sawf.org/News/58475.aspx

Aww...not this one too.....but,nice to hear it will enter the iaf by 2017,that will be the single sitter i guess....,.it seems like,the fgpa and mrca are gonna be inducted simultaneously at that point of time.......good

Aww...not this one too.....but,nice to hear it will enter the iaf by 2017,that will be the single sitter i guess....,.it seems like,the fgpa and mrca are gonna be inducted simultaneously at that point of time.......good
India won't get a single seater, the FGFA will be a double seater like Su 30 MKI. Also Suchoi said that don't want to build both at the same time, but want to concentrate on Pak Fa first and build FGFA later.

Yes thats what i'm saying....during the 1st phase india wd also get the one sitter,right?? Only after a few years,that we wd get the india specific version......india wd too recieve the first...

Doesnt look like it. we have only shown interest in the 2 seater version. For the one seater needs it looks like MCA is the one we are counting on. For the time being india has no imidiate plans to get a 5th gen plane in our hands. Its more like FGFA would take the mantle of our air superiority fighter from MKI when finished and inducted which wont be for a long time (but before MCA... prove me wrong HAL). They are going to finish PAK FA first and then the FGFA so there is a lot of time left (maybe 2023-5?).

By the way, the russian abbreviation PAK FA mean something like "Advanced Tactical Aviation Aircraft Complex", or more precisely "Perspective Aircraft Complex of Frontline Aviation" (рус. Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации). But there is problem in 100% correct translation, because some specifics of russian military-technical language.

AND as bonus : )

Im translated for you russian video from post #19. Here english text (its about engine - not plane).

(TV dictor)
- Our correspondent was able to visit the first tests of unique fifth generation engine . There is full-scale works on Russia's largest warfactory "Salut".

(Correspondent)
- Slight hissing, clicking, and a cluster with titanium plates, jet engine moves to the left. Another click - right, and then to the bottom and on a circle. Movement is managed by the computer. He also controls such simple, just at first view, turning mechanism. To make it work on real engines, nearly 10 years all the major aviation companies hard worked worldwide.

This is a test room. It is tightly closed. Next to him will be using cameras and computers. The air flow rate in the chamber - 120-150 kilometers per hour.

Run. Power grows. Thrust 3 tons, 5, 10.5. Now the most difficult. Reactive jet starts go to side. The temperature at the outlet of above 1000 degrees. The throw to the right, mimicking the sharp anti-missile maneuver of aircraft in combat. Now to left. Leaf yields of nozzle pressure, but the computer finds the correct balance.

(One of constructors)
- The fifth-generation engine must have a high performance, but it should be simple, cheap and interchangeable with regard to existing aircraft for modernization. This is how we make it.

(Correspondent)
- In the halls of factory workers say about new engine: "our engine." Previously, similar tests were conducted in an atmosphere of secrecy, but now the regime is more open. And it has brought its results

(One of factory engineers)
- All employees are encouraged by success, they fell their significance. In our group a wonderful atmosphere. They are constantly, day and night working to improve the engine, make it even better.

(Correspondent)
- Prospects for the new engine are immense. It is important that the scheme is mainly use the serial hubs that have multi tests in time. Its reliability is very high.
Its use will enable revive the scheme of one-engine. Russia has about 600 such machines. Big interest has been from military of India, which has 700 fighter aircraft ready for this powerful update. This renew jets of 3 generation to 4+ generation. India provided the the factory test aircraft for these promising developments.

This engine is unique in the world. And after two years he will be serialized.

i would thank you if i knew how too

To induct fgfa or pakfa into iaf by 2017(as said),the earlier ones surely has to be the one seater pakfa.......development of india specific version wd take a few more years

Yes thats what i'm saying....during the 1st phase india wd also get the one sitter,right?? Only after a few years,that we wd get the india specific version......india wd too recieve the first...
No mate, IAF wanted only double seat versions and that's why Russia will change the airframe for us. It was the same thing with Su 30 MKI, Russia offered Su 35 but it is only a single seater, which doesn't fit in IAF doctrine. So we went with Su 30 with some improvements of Su 35/Su 37 like PESA radar, or 2D TVC.

IF (and that's a big if) the first flight of Pak Fa will really be this year, it could enter service in 2015 and 1, or 2 years later FGFA. But even Russia is pushing the project very hard and the engine should be close to be ready (first version of AL41 already in service in latest Su 35 and reports said in can supercruise), there still can be delays. Internal weapon bay and AESA radar should not be a problem for them, but full stealth could be one.
US have experiense with F117, F22, B2 and still nobody is really sure how stealthy the F35 will be. Pak Fa could be a huge fighter (same class as Su 30, or slighty lower like F18SH maybe), anyway I can't wait to see the first real pics of it, but since we saw all the great drawings, we might be disappointed. :)

Another point that could be interesting for us is (cause it might depend on when Pak Fa will enter in Russian service), which techs of it we can get for MKI upgrade around 2015. Engine for sure, with supercruse and 3D TVC capabilities, but will we get the new AESA radar when Pak Fa will not be ready then? Other options could be NIIP Irbis-E radar (PESA) from latest Su 35 version, or maybe Zhuk AE (AESA) from Mig 35, if it fits.

No mate, IAF wanted only double seat versions and that's why Russia will change the airframe for us. It was the same thing with Su 30 MKI, Russia offered Su 35 but it is only a single seater, which doesn't fit in IAF doctrine. So we went with Su 30 with some improvements of Su 35/Su 37 like PESA radar, or 2D TVC.

IF (and that's a big if) the first flight of Pak Fa will really be this year, it could enter service in 2015 and 1, or 2 years later FGFA. But even Russia is pushing the project very hard and the engine should be close to be ready (first version of AL41 already in service in latest Su 35 and reports said in can supercruise), there still can be delays. Internal weapon bay and AESA radar should not be a problem for them, but full stealth could be one.
US have experiense with F117, F22, B2 and still nobody is really sure how stealthy the F35 will be. Pak Fa could be a huge fighter (same class as Su 30, or slighty lower like F18SH maybe), anyway I can't wait to see the first real pics of it, but since we saw all the great drawings, we might be disappointed. :)

Another point that could be interesting for us is (cause it might depend on when Pak Fa will enter in Russian service), which techs of it we can get for MKI upgrade around 2015. Engine for sure, with supercruse and 3D TVC capabilities, but will we get the new AESA radar when Pak Fa will not be ready then? Other options could be NIIP Irbis-E radar (PESA) from latest Su 35 version, or maybe Zhuk AE (AESA) from Mig 35, if it fits.
We do...

:cheers:

Most discussions and speculations about 'stealth' usually misses probably the most important factor -- distance. The US have never made the claim that our 'stealth' designs are 'invisible' to radar. The word 'invisible' was/is quite abused, even by official US statements. All aircrafts are detectable but the question is at what point out. The greatest threat that 'stealth' aircrafts poses, and keep in mind that we are talking about military aircrafts, is weapons delivery distance, be it bombs to a ground target or air-air missiles.

The closer to the target is the weapon, meaning within the weapon's best operating conditions, which is NOT its maximum range, the greater the odds of a successful kill. So the more difficult it is to detect whatever it is that is going to drop the bombs or fire the missiles at a specified X-distance, or less, the greater the threat is the 'stealth' aircraft. But at the same time, we are diligently working on expanding the weapon's 'best operating conditions' and that would include greater maximum range, be it bombs or missiles.

So if it is difficult to detect an F-35 at..say...200km out...by the time there is certainty that the target IS an F-35, it would be either weapons release time for the F-35 or that bombs were already on the way to the ground. Which pretty much defeat the purpose of air defense, which is to prevent bomb delivery in the first place. But if the F-35 carries a new bomb design with wings a small motor to give it some extra travel distance after it had been lobbed off the aircraft, and if this new travel distance is greater than the detectable and identifiable distance of the F-35, then this is where the word 'invisible' is carelessly bandied about and give people the wrong impression about 'stealth'. Namely, the ground radar never got a chance to even detect the attacker before it got blown to smithereens.

Just like in real estate where the three most important things are: Location, location and location. So it is for 'stealth', except the location of the 'stealth' aircraft is hard to pin down.

So if it is difficult to detect an F-35 at..say...200km out...by the time there is certainty that the target IS an F-35, it would be either weapons release time for the F-35 or that bombs were already on the way to the ground. Which pretty much defeat the purpose of air defense, which is to prevent bomb delivery in the first place...

Just like in real estate where the three most important things are: Location, location and location. So it is for 'stealth', except the location of the 'stealth' aircraft is hard to pin down.

Hello gambit.

You seem to be a very knowledgeable engineer to me with experience in the Aerospace Industry. I myself am a young engineer, and have just started my career in the Aerospace industry. I plan on starting my own company eventually, most likely related to the control and electronics side of aviation. Right now i'm working on a multi-sensor turret for L3 Communications WESCAM (here's a link and a video if you're interested: MX-15 or AN/AAQ-35 || Video)

I was wondering the other day, is it possible to have a single UAV produce the exact radiation required to deceive the enemy into thinking an aerial strike package was on its way? I mean, could you make them think that there was a formation of 4-8 aircrafts heading towards a particular point, when in fact it is just a single UAV with a radio transmitter attached to it? The idea seems pretty doable to me, and would be a very convenient way of deceiving an enemy. And once you've got your enemy deceived, he's at your mercy. "The way of the war is the way of deception".

I just thought I'd ask the question. It's been on my mind, and I can't seem to see why it hasn't already been tried. I'd like to know because I am very interested in experimenting with my own UAV designs.

Thanks.

Last edited:
pak-fa period of time called the first flight of fighter 5 th generation

The "dry" can begin testing the new fifth-generation fighter "after two years." This, according to Interfax, 16 June at Le Bourget said the company's general director Mikhail Pogosyan.

According to him, is not yet time to talk about the new plane. At the same time he admitted that a substantive conversation about testing the fifth-generation aircraft could take place during the air show in Farnborough, to be held in 2010.

Pogosyan said that "dry" is working on building the experimental samples. "Preparing for the start of the test. Holding talks with Indian counterparts on joint participation in this project," - said the director.

Russian fifth generation fighter is expected to be slabozametnym for radar, high-speed aircraft, equipped with sophisticated electronic equipment.

Currently, the fifth generation fighter F-22 and F-35 are produced only in the United States, but by the U.S. Army had only the first of them. The second project funded by the U.S. in conjunction with partner countries.

Source: news agency "Lenta.Ru"
Published: 16.06.2009, 15:59

Guys i read - reread the artical and found this :::::::

substantive conversation about testing the fifth-generation aircraft could take place during the air show in Farnborough....... does that mean that we will talk about it , and it might have already happened ?

The sukhoi can begin testing the new fifth-generation fighter "after two years"? so may be this year they will fly experimental samples and after two years real aircraft? remember how it went for ? f-22 it took them years from yf-22 to f-22 same from x-35 to f-35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom