What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your kind information in Serbia only 117 knighthawk down. There is no B2 down information.

and If I am wrong, Correct me please..

F-117 has hitted with a IR SHORAD missile detected by E/O sensors, not by a radar.. It is not about stealth characters of aircraft... Every low flying object can be bringed down with this way...

The pictures confirm weapons bay under belly & near the intake but this thing is different from the concepts ;)
maybe the covering panel for the hinges of wing attachment...
Yes I noticed that they are huge, but these are NOT store stations.

These are the covering panels for the hinges of elevon - wing attachments. A hard point may extend to them, but these panels cannot be used directly to put stores on. You will notice such panels ( in different shapes and sizes) on almost every tail less delta aircraft e.g. all models of Dassault Mirage family, Gripen, Eurofighter and even on Concorde. Have a look at the below pics, can you spot such hinges?

So is the F-35...

Their is something called "stealth engine exhaust" which T-50 clearly lacks. Actually the rare of T-50 has alot of similarities with Su-27 family.

What about the YF-23? it has a similar belly to the Fakfa, and the YF-23 is said to have a smaller rcs than the YF-22. Also Sukhoi has said it is vertually invisible to radar.
no no. i meant to say T-50 seems to be a evolved flanker family more like a continuation of Su-27 30 35 etc. You dont see any of predecessor traits of Lockheed or Boeing in F-22 or F-35. Sukhoi HAL can claim anything they want to, i wont take anything from them seriously like T-50 is superior to F-35 and par with F-22.
IMO T-50 is nothing but a advanced Su-35 in a stealth design.

Remember this is just a prototype, the final product will look very different, i'm sure. Everying looks stealthy except for the rear, but i excpect that to be changed to some extent.
Look at the F-22 and YF-22 prototypes, they're very different.
Lol so I guess you are not satisfied with the current design? Well you have to live up with it now. US has a big big R&D budget thats why they had 3-4 different designs competing. Finally when YF-22 was chosen the First maiden flight was in 91 and after long time in 97 the first final concept F-22 was rolled out. and after a very long time in 2007 did the raptor cleared FOC in USAF. thats almost 16 years after first prototype.
meaning thats almost 2027 FOC for final T-50 production plane! wow.. but thats not gonna happen and both india and russia have to live with this concept design. no time for further upgrades.

I have read through many of your threads/posts and it's all about how great Turkish technology is, i havn't seen you bash Turkish technology,

Think it like Pakistan technology, Not Turkish technology... ;) If Turkey has developed something, It means Sooner or later, Pakistan will have same technologies.. Same for us too...

It looks like an awesome fighter. well done russia India should be proud for partnering this kind of project. :yahoo:
Fifth generation aircraft should be judged by its capabilities rather than appearance and shapes. And one cannot judge the capabilities based on pics :lol:
As far as i know there are two types of stealth technologies one will make use the shape of the aircraft to make it invisible to the radar.
second one is using RAM coatings on the body of the aircraft where shaping of the aircraft is not possible.
So it looks like the stealth is a combination of both types of technologies in F22 and PAK FA. On that note we cannot judge one fighter is inferior :disagree:

Secondly PAK FA is more maneuverable than F22 because of 3D thrust vectoring incorporated into it. :tup:

Thirdly weapons pay load of PAK FA is more than F22 :tup:

There are new long range missiles under development which are deadlier :yahoo:

Finally ruskies have designed the 5 th gen fighter at a low cost than Yankees.
All and all can't wait to see this fighter in Indian colours :cheers:

There is even an answer to stealth technology...
Over the horizon Radar or OTH

Good day for Russians.

Looks better then I excepted, and looks like it is still not finished, they rushed to show it.

Remember guys this is a prototype 1, so there will be improvement further

Their is something called "stealth engine exhaust" which T-50 clearly lacks. Actually the rare of T-50 has alot of similarities with Su-27 family.

i meant to say T-50 seems to be a evolved flanker family more like a continuation of Su-27 30 35 etc. You dont see any of predecessor traits of Lockheed or Boeing in F-22 or F-35. Sukhoi HAL can claim anything they want to, i wont take anything from them seriously like T-50 is superior to F-35 and par with F-22.

x2

Completely agree with you bro... Those are what I tried to tell... Pak-Fa is a mixture of Su and Mig series aircrafts with a poor stealth. I do not know the future of it but Pak-Fa with above design can never compete with F series USA stealth aircrafts..

It is a great and great achievements for Indian-Russian engineers indeed but When subject comes to compare it with USA stealth aircraft technology that has been developed since 1975-80, I can only say that Stop there and think twice...

Last edited:

no no. i meant to say T-50 seems to be a evolved flanker family more like a continuation of Su-27 30 35 etc. You dont see any of predecessor traits of Lockheed or Boeing in F-22 or F-35. Sukhoi HAL can claim anything they want to, i wont take anything from them seriously like T-50 is superior to F-35 and par with F-22.

Lol so I guess you are not satisfied with the current design? Well you have to live up with it now. US has a big big R&D budget thats why they had 3-4 different designs competing. Finally when YF-22 was chosen the First maiden flight was in 91 and after long time in 97 the first final concept F-22 was rolled out. and after a very long time in 2007 did the raptor cleared FOC in USAF. thats almost 16 years after first prototype.
meaning thats almost 2027 FOC for final T-50 production plane! wow.. but thats not gonna happen and both india and russia have to live with this concept design. no time for further upgrades.

The engine used in this flight is not the final engine. its 117S and not 117 which would power the PAK-FA.

second, ultra maneuverability is one of the primary requirements of russian 5th gen program. so engine will have 3d tvc.

3rd, how can you tell from the pictures that its not stealth engine exhaust? engine should mix cold air into the exhaust to decrease the ir visibility and I dont think you can tell that from pictures.

7c3c8189a601b2fb28b0ec9e91bfd93c.jpg

Thursday, October 22, 2009
Outlines of PAK FA

Since the article of Alexander Pachkov ('Paralay') in Nov, 2009 issue of Russan-language 'Popular Mechanic' journal has produced a great interest, I translated the short essential of this text. Paralay is the editor of the popular site 'Stealth Machines'. The article is about PAK FA/FGFA program. Since I cannot check the Paralay's sources out, the question of information reliability is up to a reader. The outlines of his article...
Ah yes exactly like that, thanks for reminding, had forgot the article!

But that makes the Pak Fa/ FGFA a freaking capable air superiority fighter!

At least 180° radar detection with the x band nose AESA, maybe even full 360°!
Up to 12 A2A missiles internally!
360° OLS!
High t/w ratio, SC and TVC!

Be it BVR, or WVR that bird seems to be a great successor for the Flanker!

The engine used in this flight is not the final engine. its 117S and not 117 which would power the PAK-FA.

second, ultra maneuverability is one of the primary requirements of russian 5th gen program. so engine will have 3d tvc.

3rd, how can you tell from the pictures that its not stealth engine exhaust? engine should mix cold air into the exhaust to decrease the ir visibility and I dont think you can tell that from pictures.

Engine is not final
Design is not final
TVC is not final
Shape and stealth character is not final...

Then, I think No need to be proud of this plane...

and Pictures give lots of knowledge wheather It has a stelth character or not...Check all aircrafts, ships, destoyers that claimed to have stealth characteristic. You are going to realise what I am talking about...

Ah yes exactly like that, thanks for reminding, had forgot the article!

But that makes the Pak Fa/ FGFA a freaking capable air superiority fighter!

At least 180° radar detection with the x band nose AESA, maybe even full 360°!
Up to 12 A2A missiles internally!
360° OLS!
High t/w ratio, SC and TVC!

Be it BVR, or WVR that bird seems to be a great successor for the Flanker!
but it has got a controversial point

2) F-22 detects Su35 from the distance of 150-180 km but can open fire from 110 km, while becomes visible for Su-35's radar by itself and on R-77 range of attack.

Irbis-E radar ;)
I hope gambit is not reading this :lol:

BTW is there any info about AAMs mentioned?

Engine is not final
Design is not final
Shape and stealth character is not final...

Then, I think No need to be proud of this plane...

What is the problem in feeling proud of a 5th gen fighter which is developed at such a low cost?

2) F-22 detects Su35 from the distance of 150-180 km but can open fire from 110 km, while becomes visible for Su-35's radar by itself and on R-77 range of attack.
but it has got a controversial point

Irbis-E radar ;)
I hope gambit is not reading this :lol:

BTW is there any info about AAMs mentioned?
Yup...And I pointed out how flawed that is a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom