What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well whatever im sure that the pakfa is nit trye 5 generation fighter jet for sure

Finally some pics of this awesome fighter. I like the look of the fighter and all these comments of it not being a 5th generation fighter are totally ridicules because when Russia and India started this project it was clearly told that it would be a 5th gen not another 4th gen. People can't just say its not stealth just by looking at it and its just the prototype.

I also want to see some more pics if anyone can find them post them. Thanks.

Russians are the like the "big daddy cool" in propulsion, i am sure they mastered the field of Aero foil structuring too before making PAK-FA....from the looks the aircraft looks amazing...lets see how it proves its self in future

I am sure the people designing this plane have far more knowledge than any of us here. Lets not use the F-22 as a benchmark for looks.
This is the maiden flight (officially) and I am sure there will be a lot of adjustments made. So lets not jump to conclusions on the capability.

00de7ad4feb4e0283bac03c3e9859bfb.jpg

I am talking about deep circuitousy shapes of PAK-FA that can affect the stealth characters of an aircraft... Wheather It is painted or not, What makes the differences ?

You said the Pakfa looks poor, with a fresh coat of paint it wouldn't look so "poor", you also found the worst pic of the pakfa and compaired it to the F-35 and F-22.

Did you develop a paint that enclose the deep shapes ? I do not suppose!!! :)

If you're talking RAM, then yes.

When the subject became stealth 5th generation aircrafts, The Kings of those technologies are USA in World and The Stealth criterias are created by USA engineers so I am giving examples from USA stealth aircrafts... Turkish flag is hanged on F-35 or not... It is not about our subject... Did you see any single word about Turkey above ?

I have read through many of your threads/posts and it's all about how great Turkish technology is, i havn't seen you bash Turkish technology, so why are you bashing Russian technology? Lets face it if Turkey came up with the Pakfa you would have different things to say.

Btw is hilarious that you claim the underbelly of the Pakfa isn't stealthy, check out the YF-23 then refrain.

Ahh Really ? :) It means USA engineers have been working for nothing to integrate all those big parts, engine, electronics into a stealth shapes... Even They are so stupid that They integrate all A-G and A-A weapons into the body and envisaging to carry less munitions with a plump body design to improve stelth characters of F-35, F-22... Indian experts told that everything is for nothing... :)

Hello buddy how you so sure that above aircrafts are stealth? Didn't serbia droped dead one of american stealth bomber? Russia told to world that pak-fa will be more stealthy then F-22 raptor. They proved it to india by demonstration. Check original thread of PAK-FA. in that it clearly shown how much stealth PAK-FA is. Just because PAK-FA dont look like F-22 doesn't mean its not stealth. American stealth got problems buddy. Ask serbia about it. PAK-FA is the real stealth rather then F-22. American stealth been tested against serbia and the result whole world knows.

f169a144e05b0bf20d0bde3b487a770a._.jpg

Thursday, October 22, 2009
Outlines of PAK FA

Since the article of Alexander Pachkov ('Paralay') in Nov, 2009 issue of Russan-language 'Popular Mechanic' journal has produced a great interest, I translated the short essential of this text. Paralay is the editor of the popular site 'Stealth Machines'. The article is about PAK FA/FGFA program. Since I cannot check the Paralay's sources out, the question of information reliability is up to a reader. The outlines of his article:

1) Can hope for 10-15% PAKFA advantage over F-22 due to two decades of tech. development.
2) F-22 detects Su35 from the distance of 150-180 km but can open fire from 110 km, while becomes visible for Su-35's radar by itself and on R-77 range of attack.
3) OLS-35 probably detects Raptor on 100 km distance.
4) PAKFA's AESA radar has probably 1526 modules with overall power 18 KWt. Range for a big air target – 400. TWS/A = 60/16.
5) Active antennas in the wings and tail are probable.
6) OLS with 360 deg.
7) Backward attacking missiles.
8) Has up to 12 Air-to-air missiles (if compact) in internal placement.
9) Two internal bays for WLRAAMs and LRAAMs up to 700 kg each. + 2 bays for short range missiles.
10) While Raptor can have up to 8 missiles in the internal bays.
11) WLRAAM 'Izdelie 810' is MiG-31 R-33 derivative. 400 km.
12) LRAAM 'Izdelie-180PD' is air-breath R-77 derivative. 250 km.
13) 'Izdelie-180' – solid-fuel R-77 derivative 110-140 km. With active and passive radar, homing on jammer.
14) Short range AAM – 'Izdelie-300' or K-MD IR matrix, double range of homing.
15) Kh-58UShKE
16) Kh-35
17) 500 kg guided and unguided bombs and cassette munition.
18) Intrafuselage cathapults UVKU-50L – up to 300 kg, UVKU-50U – up to 700 kg.
19) Internal bays total weight 2.000 kg
20) With + external hardpoints – 6.000 kg.
21) GSh-30 30 mm autocannon.
22) According to the plans – 430 planes must be built for RuAF.
23) Probably price $80 mil.
24) Will replace 339 Su-27 and 300 MiG-31

Defunct Humanity: Outlines of PAK FA

PS: there are some points which are a bit lame & controversial

Last edited:
I am sure the people designing this plane have far more knowledge than any of us here. Lets not use the F-22 as a benchmark for looks.
This is the maiden flight (officially) and I am sure there will be a lot of adjustments made. So lets not jump to conclusions on the capability.

Russia told to world that pak-fa will be more stealthy then F-22 raptor. They proved it to india by demonstration. Check original thread of PAK-FA. in that it clearly shown how much stealth PAK-FA is. Just because PAK-FA dont look like F-22 doesn't mean its not stealth.

For sure !!! :) but If someone wants to make a comparisons between F-35-22 and Russian Pak-Fa at first look, Some facts should be enlightened.

Simply !!!

If you wanna estimate the target detection capabilities of aircrafts, You should check the spacifications of AESA radars of aircrafts...

If you wanna estimate the electronic warfare capabilities of aircrafts, You should check the EW sensors...

If you wanna estimate engagement capabilities of aircrafts, You should check the ranges, seekeer heads, IR technologies( For IR guided missiles) and types of AA, AG missiles..

If you wanna estimate the stealth character of aircrafts, You should check "SHAPES, PAİNTS and Materials"...

and There are only 1 stealth technology and working principles in World. You can not seperate it like Russian type and USA type...

Last edited:
The pictures confirm weapons bay under belly & near the intake but this thing is different from the concepts ;)

Hello buddy how you so sure that above aircrafts are stealth? Didn't serbia droped dead one of american stealth bomber? Russia told to world that pak-fa will be more stealthy then F-22 raptor. They proved it to india by demonstration. Check original thread of PAK-FA. in that it clearly shown how much stealth PAK-FA is. Just because PAK-FA dont look like F-22 doesn't mean its not stealth. American stealth got problems buddy. Ask serbia about it. PAK-FA is the real stealth rather then F-22. American stealth been tested against serbia and the result whole world knows.

For your kind information in Serbia only 117 knighthawk down. There is no B2 down information.

our airforce really lacks this and we really needed it. I'm not sure Su-30 MKI got that feature but we should upgrade/add that feature to MKI if its not there. because with the help of sukhoi's radar and with addition of real-time data exchange within the flight group we technically won't need more AWACS. Please,correct me if i'm wrong.and sorry to bring su-30 in the thread of PAK-FA.

Leave aside our aircraft even Arjun Tank can exchange real time data within battle group.

"The Arjun has the capability to network with other tanks, thanks to its Battle Management System. In a search and engage operation, several Arjun tanks can monitor an opponent and his moves, and try to eliminate him in a chase or ambush.

DRDO have completed Visualisation with Enhanced Digital Elevation Model and Soil Profile Analysis for MBT Arjun Simulator (VEDSAR). It will provide the Army with information on the shortest possible distance between two points, and the kind of obstacles present on the terrain."

Stealth is as Stealth does. All steath must have come from an initial industrial drawing, then its aero-dynamics is optimized by super-computers. I am no expert in plane design, but based on the comments, if it looks like a SU-27 or something, it's only natural. F-35 afterall maybe just a heavily digitally optimized version of F-16.

The significance of this plane is not weather it's a 5th or stealth, if it shows off great engineering of the frames, the significance is rather Russian industry is in great shape: they have the software and the machine tools. Well of course, the latter part usually comes out of Germany.

My 2 could be wrong cents.

by chance serbia bring that down only by chance they were firing blind one of their fire got hit to that stealth bomber and this also can happen with your stealth fighter jet no matter how much it is staelth but it is not invisible to naked eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom