What's new

Pak-Fa is work in progress

Not convinced that India will signup for this deal with the funds that Russia wannts/desires which is $ billions up front.

With Rafale deal happening soon & Tejas being pushed into IAF faces in name of indengious growth i just cant see india finding the cash for a massive third fighter project.

Something HAS TO GIVE the timelines are all the same.

ie

Rafale delivery 2017 license build 2019 onwards
Tejas mk2 2019 license build 2020 onwards
Pak Fa delivery 2020 license build 2022 onwards

3 seperate fighter projects by a poor developing country. JUST WILL NOT HAPPEN

Too many projects at the same time both quality and delivery and cost will be massively effected

Funding a 5h gen fighter program is too much for us. Apart from that, we lack the technical know how as well.

Have not even inducted a 4th gen fighter and you talk about 5th gen fighters?

That however is not the case for India, we have the option to go for Pak Fa / FGFA and offers from the US for F35, but since that fighter doesn't fulfill our technical or industrial requirements, it was rejected and far better choice of teaming up with Russia was chosen. Btw, we are not procuring less fighters, we changed our initial order to keep costs under control from the start, while more fighters in other varients will follow. That's nothing special and the same that the US does with the F35, by developing a single seat version with as much common parts at the begining as possible, because any change in this design stage will increase costs.

I think you are over-estimating India's current satisfaction level:

The Indian Air Force (IAF) has done a stunning about-turn, sharply criticising the showpiece Indo-Russian project to co-develop a futuristic Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA). Even as New Delhi and Moscow finalise a $6 billion deal to co-develop an FGFA with capabilities tailor-made for India, the IAF has alleged the Russians would be unable to meet their promises about its performance.

Russia can't deliver on Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft: IAF | Business Standard

Wrong, the YF23 was considered as more stealthy, therefor IF someone would want to follow anything wrt stealth design (which is silly since every fighter is developed with different requirements), one must follow that design and not the F22!

F-23 lacked manuverability but was a little bit stealthier than F-22.

J-20 is a much more stealthier airframe than PAK-FA. That Russian guy ptlmd used to keep claiming
that early PAK-FA prototypes were only aerodynamics test beds and by now we should have seen the definite stealthy PAK-FA prototype but it is nowhere to be seen.

Face it my Indian friends, what you are paying six billion dollars in development costs for
is the ultimate 4the generation fighter. Leave the latest, most advanced fighters to the US and China.

F-23 lacked manuverability but was a little bit stealthier than F-22.

J-20 is a much more stealthier airframe than PAK-FA. That Russian guy ptlmd used to keep claiming
that early PAK-FA prototypes were only aerodynamics test beds and by now we should have seen the definite stealthy PAK-FA prototype but it is nowhere to be seen.

Face it my Indian friends, what you are paying six billion dollars in development costs for
is the ultimate 4the generation fighter. Leave the latest, most advanced fighters to the US and China.
contribute some thing worth rather trolling :mad::mad::mad::mad:Lungis logic doesn't needed here:D:D:D:D

contribute some thing worth rather trolling :mad::mad::mad::mad:Lungis logic doesn't needed here:D:D:D:D

I am not trolling.

If you do not like the truth then say nothing.

Russia lacks in both materials and electronics technology to make 5th generation fighter.

Even the old Soviet Union could never make cutting edge radar and other electronics, so Russia
is likely to have even less of a chance.

My dear friend F-22 is the standard of stealth shaping to follow. J-20 just looks stealthy whereas PAK-FA is a stealthified Flanker airframe.

Electronics - Chinese domestic electronics is far in advanced of Russia's and please
look at the amount of Chinese radars introduced over the last decade - from mechanical radars in fighters to AESA radars in AWACs and destroyers.

Simply, apart from engines, Russia is incapable of matching China in any other area of fighter design.
My dear friend , Russians are playing catch up game from decades what make you think they wont. US is a leader no doubt but Russia has always catch them in tech. This catchup game is not new.
If you go by looks good luck. I really doubt you and I know more than how it look.

Again same thing. Claiming and having are two different things. Apprently you have doubt on everything India claim but you believe everything China claim :rofl: what can I say.

Good luck with China better than Russia. I have nothing to say. Just ask yourself why so superier China need Russian engines which is the heart of jet. Good luck and do give your expertise to your government they are buying from inferior Russia :rofl:

Guys,stop replying to that lungi clad retard.He may or may not be based in UK,but that does not in any way makes him a British,he will always remain a fucking insignificant Vikharidesi and therefore doesn't deserve our attention.Let that bitch whine and moan as much as he wants,as if it makes an iota of difference.

I think you are over-estimating India's current satisfaction level:

Russia can't deliver on Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft: IAF | Business Standard

For the nth time,STOP QUOTING BUSINESS STANDARD!!

1.) Australia is a US lapdog, thats why they buy critical equipment like fighters from the USA.

2.) Russia has over 80 years of aviation history. Russian companies have pushed aircraft development (which is on of the most sophisticated ones) several times into new generations.

HAL and DRDO are nowhere close to them. This chance is unique and we are indeed luck that we got it.
But we should also keep in mind that Russians have history of supplying materials and equipments late. The best examples are of Admiral Gorshkov and supply of mig-29s in early 90s. This habit of them of being late could cost us essential time and money. Plus, Chinese have gone way ahead in their J-20 project. Also, if we keep waiting for this PAK FA junk, then we might not be able to complete our "44 Squadrons".

But we should also keep in mind that Russians have history of supplying materials and equipments late. The best examples are of Admiral Gorshkov and supply of mig-29s in early 90s. This habit of them of being late could cost us essential time and money. Plus, Chinese have gone way ahead in their J-20 project. Also, if we keep waiting for this PAK FA junk, then we might not be able to complete our "44 Squadrons".
Do you have any knowledge about aeronautical engineering or you are shooting in thin air If pak fa is Junk so is reverse engineered Chinese J-20 is a Shit. Russian are Second to only west when it comes to tech and the best option available to India to Evolve it's Aeronautical industry.My friend Study hard facts before saying any thing on Forums

My dear friend , Russians are playing catch up game from decades what make you think they wont. US is a leader no doubt but Russia has always catch them in tech. This catchup game is not new.
If you go by looks good luck. I really doubt you and I know more than how it look.

Again same thing. Claiming and having are two different things. Apprently you have doubt on everything India claim but you believe everything China claim :rofl: what can I say.

Good luck with China better than Russia. I have nothing to say. Just ask yourself why so superier China need Russian engines which is the heart of jet. Good luck and do give your expertise to your government they are buying from inferior Russia :rofl:

China is investing tens of billions to solve the engine issue.

It is only a matter of time before this last obstacle is overcome.

Did I mention J-20 ??? Or you really dont know which planes look like flankers ;)

I thought we are talking about technological superiority which is proved by inservice jets and not by prototypes. Reasearch is counted after you deliever not before that
Still J-20 is said to be inservice in 2018(?) and Pak-Fa in 2016

Are you going to tell me Flanker is compare to PAFKA or J-20? Please stick to the thread topic. If you want to talk about comparison, its J-20. And it looks nothing like a flanker. If you are not talkin of J-20. Then you shall stick your reply on other thread.

As for AESA, do you think this are still under research?
1589797.jpg

PLAN_ship_-_main.jpg

Are you going to tell me Flanker is compare to PAFKA or J-20? Please stick to the thread topic. If you want to talk about comparison, its J-20. And it looks nothing like a flanker. If you are not talkin of J-20. Then you shall stick your reply on other thread.

As for AESA, do you think this are still under research?
1589797.jpg

PLAN_ship_-_main.jpg
You quoted me I did not :woot:
Yur comprehension is not my problem. Its your problem :rofl:
So which one of the fighter has AESA :coffee: ???

Do you remember what topic is it ??? I am just replying a member who has claimed something. Go tell him to stick to topic :o:
Better avoid me

China is investing tens of billions to solve the engine issue.

It is only a matter of time before this last obstacle is overcome.
:rofl: thats contrary to your claim on techno superiority :woot:

Its only matter of time that China will find a break through in engine tech without any prior experience of engine success but at the same time the Russians who has already made successful planes over decades wont qualify for matter of time in break through in stealth tech o_Oo_Oo_O
What kinda logic is that my friend :pop:

Your country is buying unmatchable 3rd Gen China Maal....and you are commenting on 5th genration Fighter Aircraft... :mad:

why you people always get into stupid india pakistan comparison discussion ...stick to topic..

its only matter of time that China will find a break through in engine tech without any prior experience of engine success but at the same time the Russians who has already made successful planes over decades wont qualify for matter of time in break through in stealth tech o_Oo_Oo_O
What kinda logic is that my friend :pop:

China has a successful engine, WS-10A on J-11B, but the problem is that they cannot produce in sufficient numbers to meet demand. It will take a few more years but as they get more more experience they can increase production.

I think with the PAK-FA you are missing the point. Russia is not the Soviet Union for a start and we know 80% of stealth is shaping. PAK-FA is not optimised for stealth by shape like F-22 and J-20 are.

China has a successful engine, WS-10A on J-11B, but the problem is that they cannot produce in sufficient numbers to meet demand. It will take a few more years but as they get more more experience they can increase production.

I think with the PAK-FA you are missing the point. Russia is not the Soviet Union for a start and we know 80% of stealth is shaping. PAK-FA is not optimised for stealth by shape like F-22 and J-20 are.
You want to call WS-10A a success !!! Your defination of success is wrong.

I know Russia is not SU but they have success of su-30 with legacy of Su-27
And what China has ???

Techno growth is exponential and its true for all. Be it USA , Russia or China .

China has more money to invest doesn't mean they are technologically superior. They are still learning. Speed of Russia may be slow but they are ahead.
Russian approach to air warfare is always different from west.
@sancho posted a chart on comparison characteristics of F-22 F-35 & Typhoon. Do see that.

Back
Top Bottom