What's new

Pak Armed Forces Non-Military Projects

great information - why dosnt ISPR post such details on their web-site? or is it there?
The data is from the power point presentation by ISPR indeed (just converted it into pics), i think i downloaded it from ISPR website months back (just didnt have the time to post it here), now cant find the link though. i think it was the same briefing that was given to media regarding the CSF and US aid, Swat crisis etc, not sure, may be you can recall.

Compare the third and second last columns with Silde # 78:
slide79.jpg

Today it is clear to me that why our Armed Forces are known to be the only remaining INSTITUTION of such a large populated country. I salute to them since they serve us once they are in uniform and once retired, still continue to do so through their welfare organizations. The whole presentation is a chanta, as our media uses, for those who disgrace our military forces by blaming them to be doing business instead of safeguarding our homeland. I am sure it is clear today that these organizations are not manned by uniformed personnel. Also the presentation is from the Musharaf era which has amazed me since i have yet to see such an elaborate details from any of the civilian government. Good job my friend and thanking you for posting this presentation and letting us reduce our anxiety about our military, which was otherwise very high due to trollers in this forum. :pakistan:

^^^ How do the defense budgets compare to GDPs of Pakistan and India percentagewise? Wouldn't that be a better metric for comparison?

Great work Xeric. Good info. clears up a lot of misunderstandings.

Like i always say, common sense is a rare commodity.

We like to compare our defence budget with india in terms of the GDP, but wont carry out a comparison of governance, purchasing power of the middle class and the way indian govts have delivered.

BTW, the "Army" eats 80% of the national budget was the itch around here (i doubt many would even know what GDP is), so i addressed the obvious question by highlighting the the 2nd and 3rd columns. If i wanted to hide the last (GDP) column, as i have access to the editable copy of this presentation, i could have removed/deleted that column at the first place, but then if i had done it, how could i have attracted bees and flies to this thread? :azn:

^^^ How do the defense budgets compare to GDPs of Pakistan and India percentagewise? Wouldn't that be a better metric for comparison?

both GDP levels are different - lets compare defence spendings of similar GDP countries. india's GDP is closer to a Trillion USD whilst PK is around 175 Bill USD.

india's defence spending is 30B USD
PK defence spending is 4.5B USD - certainly the 'burden' is higher for us no doubt.

PK defence budget has actually 'decreased' in real terms.

I will refer to this thread the next time the "liberal brigade" sprouts lies about the Army on this forum.

Just seeing right now on TV strip, that in Dadu district, the keys for about a hundred+ homes have been given to the people by the army, built by the army, for the IDP's of the area.

Back
Top Bottom