What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

China has a fully operational production line too.

Ours are not yet at full production capacity. By 2012 58% of the airframe would be produced in Pakistan, and after 2012 the percentage will increase further.

So if orders are there and can't be fulfilled by one production line, then another one can be utilized in China, plus the production plants have been made big enough to have multiple production lines. As time passes by, we are gonna have more skilled and trained labor, thus we can easily produce more if required.

Thanks Taimi..I think we all are in agreement with what you said...If orders are there then it is highly probable that China will have to chip in...Now that brings me to second question...Is it correct(it looks like you also believe it) that PAF still have to put in orders for 150 JF-17 or whatever the number is??? If so then is the correct configuration for Block II(read avionics deal) the reason for not putting in the order or there are some funds issue as well???

Thanks Taimi..I think we all are in agreement with what you said...If orders are there then it is highly probable that China will have to chip in...Now that brings me to second question...Is it correct(it looks like you also believe it) that PAF still have to put in orders for 150 JF-17 or whatever the number is??? If so then is the correct configuration for Block II(read avionics deal) the reason for not putting in the order or there are some funds issue as well???
AFAIK, after the first batch of 48 which will be co produced from both production lines. Yet thereafter PAC production lines will be dedicated for PAF while CAC production line will cater exports order (if they arrive till then). We heard that PAC is setting up new production line for speeding up JFT. IMHO, F-6 Rebuild factory is available for immediate while Mirage Rebuild infrastructure will be available ASA mirages are decomissioned

Both problems are being faced. Funds, though its not that much of a big deal, if the economy jump starts again, then whatever issue we have in this regard, that will also go away.

But major reason is the avionics issue, as the 2nd batch avionics are still being negotiated and looked into. Hopefully by next year, this issue would also be solved, as Chinese are also testing something, while we have the European options with us too. By 2011-12 picture would be clear. Engine and some minor airframe changes may also be looked into.

^^^ our 5th gen plane is already finaled and contract had been sign. unlike some imeginary block-2 of some plane.
pleas can u tell me when the contract of arjun was signed and it take how many years after that and still hadnt any orders and what about tejas just fantsies and i am seeing your 5th gen plane also in that list.....

Pakistan should answer with 250 JF-17 and 150 J-10 B but it can get even better if they can get European Plane Rafale or Gripen

Pakistan should answer with 250 JF-17 and 150 J-10 B but it can get even better if they can get European Plane Rafale or Gripen

gripen have american engine and other stuff too:D
and rafale is hard to purchase :D

It has been offered to many many countries in a span of 10 years. ACM Tanveer Mehmood Ahmed showed interest and a PAF delegation test flew it. Impressive plane as it is, comes with a hefty price since we couldn't afford it. TOT arrangement was not offered.

I'm confused by this supposed urgency to respond to the MRCA deal -- Why does Pakistan need to "respond" or "counter" this, especialy why is this Pakistani response required on a urgent basis? Raphal, Euro-Fighter, Grippen - WHY, exactly are these the need of the hour - The Indians planning an imminent invasion?

It's also interesting that the response requires the purchase of a Western system - you might as well burn any resources you do have.

Why not focus on long term solutions that negate the very possibility of sanctions and pressure, while building industrial capacity and steady long term jobs - is there any kind of security more desirable than economic security?

I'm confused by this supposed urgency to respond to the MRCA deal -- Why does Pakistan need to "respond" or "counter" this, especialy why is this Pakistani response required on a urgent basis? Raphal, Euro-Fighter, Grippen - WHY, exactly are these the need of the hour - The Indians planning an imminent invasion?

It's also interesting that the response requires the purchase of a Western system - you might as well burn any resources you do have.

Why not focus on long term solutions that negate the very possibility of sanctions and pressure, while building industrial capacity and steady long term jobs - is there any kind of security more desirable than economic security?
Sir India can never be trusted so we have to always be prepared for their so therefore we should have a plane which is equal to MRCA

Sir India can never be trusted so we have to always be prepared for their so therefore we should have a plane which is equal to MRCA

By the time IAF actually gets their hands on MMRCA, we would have ample experience on J-10's and JF-17's BL-II. Besides we have a defensive military doctrine so we expect most of the fighting around our own border where our AWACS and our SAM sites will come in to play as well to neutralize the numerical superiority of IAF.

By the time IAF actually gets their hands on MMRCA, we would have ample experience on J-10's and JF-17's BL-II. Besides we have a defensive military doctrine so we expect most of the fighting around our own border where our AWACS and our SAM sites will come in to play as well to neutralize the numerical superiority of IAF.

sorry sir ji,we will have first squad of rafale or hornets till the end of 2014 or in starting of 2015 with 200+ mki's:D

Back
Top Bottom