What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

Pakistan's best and the Worst possible answer is JF-17 thunder... Or It has to Improve its Economy and attitude if it has to get its hands On Some top notch gadgets like we enjoy in todays world

No its not, plz read the whole thread and then post.

the production capicity is being increased.
we have tree production lines at PAC, currently one is dediceted to JFT. the second was busy with Mirages and F-7PG and third one for regular refits and over hauls.
now with the JFT gradually growing in number and a fourth production line being set up, JFT will be done in two parallel production line.
after 2013~2014 we may even see a third line that is currently under mirages/F-7PG given to JFT with all the overhauls moved to one single line as the load and numbers of mirages and older F-7 will start to decrease.

150 mark is not a problem, the thing is that will be see upgrades for every subsequent block as planned. for block II, which might well be just one year away there are no real upgrades being made public as yet. based on my talk with some frineds at PAC it may only see mid air refueling probes as a development alongside. the KJ-10 is reported to be on board already..

i hope to see some real steps forward in block III with chines engine and AESA radars developing fast.
better engine might also yeild in more hard points that will be a minor structural change and will require testing..

regards!

for me if kept on the right track JFT will be more then a match for IAFs Mig 29, Su-30 by its Blk III.
for new MRCA tender, by the time IAF start procuring it, PAF will have got FC-20 and Blk 16 F-16. the older Blk-15 will also be done with MLU and star upgrades and will be a good match for IAF.

regards!

for me if kept on the right track JFT will be more then a match for IAFs Mig 29, Su-30 by its Blk III.
for new MRCA tender, by the time IAF start procuring it, PAF will have got FC-20 and Blk 16 F-16. the older Blk-15 will also be done with MLU and star upgrades and will be a good match for IAF.

regards!

what blk 16?:what:

yaar why do you guys take god's name in everything?
i mean doesnt it say somewhere that dont take god's name in vain?

Do you know what InshAllah means??? if you did, you would find that its not taking God's name in vein.

Pakistan's best and the Worst possible answer is JF-17 thunder... Or It has to Improve its Economy and attitude if it has to get its hands On Some top notch gadgets like we enjoy in todays world

jf-17 would be a good option! it's a clean slate , it can be heavily upgraded! remember it's already superior to F-16 A/B

regards!

I m glad u put a FOR ME in front of ur reply.

For starters a whole squadron will be bought off shelf and rest will be assembled later

yaar why do you guys take god's name in everything?
i mean doesnt it say somewhere that dont take god's name in vain?

One thing I learned the hard way.
Inshallah for a Pakistani is used in the absolute wrong sense... when a Pakistani says inshallah he doesn't mean "if god wills it".. and Ill try my best as well..
He uses it when he means to say it'll happen if god wills it... I wont do a darn thing about it. :lol:..
(nothing towards the person who posted Inshallah, just a general observation.. not related to the JF-17's acquisition.).

This thread has been literally seesawing for no reason.
The PAF has already decided its mainstay.. The MRCA competition was known to the PAF before the IAF even made it public. They have something called espionage and intelligence in use since the early days of war.
The Air Staff requirement for the JF was made specifically to counter current(late 90's) and future threats the IAF would pose.. and is modified accordingly.
Usually no air force makes plans to counter one thing whose capabilities aren't known(XB-70->Mig-25-<F-15).
the Tit for Tat matching is usually not too beneficial for ANY country.
Look at this this way..
just because your ****** rich neighbor bought a ferrari 430 you dont have to sell your kidneys to get one to match him.. you can get almost the same performance by taking a EvoVIII, adding new headers, exhaust, NOS...tuning the suspension, adding bigger ceramic calipers and Slicks... still for 1/5th the cost of the 430.

This isnt the cold war where anything less than exact parity would mean a world ending scenario..and nuclear weapons were in the hands of some level headed people.. Not emotional people like Indians and Pakistani's.

PAF and GOP have only ordered 50 planes to date 8 prototypes and 42 mk1 thunders. China gave a $650m soft loan to help PAF buy these ..

No other oderers have been made too date.

OR HAVE I MISSED this report of another order

I thought PAF was awaiting new radar & avionics and missles from France for mk2

Last edited:
But HAL in India is churning out 22 Su 30s in an year. Isnt it? And almost 100&#37; of the components are being manufactured locally.

Do you know how many are they(read PAC) churning out right now??? the production capacity cannot be increased to almost double in a whisker...it will take some time, no????

Don't want to derail the thread but aren't you assuming that HAL and PAC have similar production capability???

If PAC and CITAC are working simultaneously on it, what's the big deal?
Yup, however is it in place right now??? In other words are they working on it simultaneously or are their such plans in near future??

Look guys achieving 150 by 2015 is not an impossible task but surely a difficult one...Secondly PAF don't want all 150 JF-17 in its current configuration, no??? In other words they first have to close on the french avionics deals/equivalent deal may be with china which has the potential to delay, no???...So i might not be as wrong as you guys think when i say i have some reservations about the numbers we are talking about here....

Last edited:
PAF and GOP have only ordered 50 planes to date 8 prototypes and 42 mk1 thunders. China gave a $650m soft loan to help PAF buy these ..

No other oderers have been made too date.

OR HAVE I MISSED this report of another order

I thought PAF was awaiting new radar & avionics and missles from France for mk2
650/50 =13

Are you saying the price of one aircraft is 13 M...??

2ndly i already asked for a link, Nowhere its said that that loan is for the planes...That loan was for plane is assumption of Indian members.

One thing I learned the hard way.
Inshallah for a Pakistani is used in the absolute wrong sense.

:hitwall:For God sakes being a think tank why did you even bother to sit and type on InshAllah because it got mention by someone. Its a PAF's possible answer to MRCA thread not InshAllah thread so do not post you version of understanding of what Pakistanis mean by inshallah in a sense you are not the voice of 18 crore Pakistanis.

Back to thread topic.

Back
Top Bottom