What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

150 JF17 By 2015 " not a chance"

more like half that number

How do you know....I am curious are you part of the PAF to make such a bold statement, or is it based upon your assumptions. From what I have gathered from Senior Members on this Forum is that PAF already have a squadran which consist of 18 planes, and from certain reports another squadran will be set up this year. So it is quite possible for the PAF to achieve close to the 150 mark by 2015.

How do you know....I am curious are you part of the PAF to make such a bold statement, or is it based upon your assumptions. From what I have gathered from Senior Members on this Forum is that PAF already have a squadran which consist of 18 planes, and from certain reports another squadran will be set up this year. So it is quite possible for the PAF to achieve close to the 150 mark by 2015.

I will let you and SF figure it out, but needed a quick clarification. PAF inducted a squad of 14 aircrafts in Feb 10. How many have been added since then?

I will let you and SF figure it out, but needed a quick clarification. PAF inducted a squad of 14 aircrafts in Feb 10. How many have been added since then?

Well as per my last details, there were something like 25 JF-17s in total with more on the way.

Hopefully by year end or in the first qtr of next year, the second Sqd would be raised.

First Sqd qas raised with 14 planes, whose strength would be taken to 16-18.

Well as per my last details, there were something like 25 JF-17s in total with more on the way.

Hopefully by year end or in the first qtr of next year, the second Sqd would be raised.

First Sqd qas raised with 14 planes, whose strength would be taken to 16-18.

Thanks Taimi Bhai.. So approx 11 planes added in last 8 months or so? Also, wasnt there some talk of increasing the output capacity of the assembly line?

Thanks Taimi Bhai.. So approx 11 planes added in last 8 months or so? Also, wasnt there some talk of increasing the output capacity of the assembly line?

That is being done gradually, its a phased approach.

For now, some parts are being manufactured at PAC and some coming from China and then being assembled at PAC.

It will take a few years before the 100% production of the airframe and majority of the avionics start here.

Currently 20-25% of the airframe parts are being produced at PAC, and by 2012 the target is 58% and subsequently as more orders come, the % will increase.

It's sorties might have increased but still PAF despite being outnumbered and technologically behind inflicted heavy damages to IAF which you also accepted. Also to mention thatl most of the AC's of IAF including Hawker Hunter, GNAT and Mig 21 were a generation ahead and more advanced than PAF's sabres.

As i said.. PAF was successful with preemptive strike.. which they wont be able to do in the coming ages... You can check with your senior members here... IAF did had a pretty good performance because of Migs in 1971 which i accept... Though it is not the case in 1965

That is being done gradually, its a phased approach.

For now, some parts are being manufactured at PAC and some coming from China and then being assembled at PAC.

It will take a few years before the 100% production of the airframe and majority of the avionics start here.

Currently 20-25% of the airframe parts are being produced at PAC, and by 2012 the target is 58% and subsequently as more orders come, the % will increase.

PAF will assemble all JF-17 in PAF from now on? What is the full production rate? 24 per year?

PAF will assemble all JF-17 in PAF from now on? What is the full production rate? 24 per year?

Yeah assembly of JF-17s has already started with some parts manufactured in Pakistan, rest coming from China.

For now, it seems the rate would be 10-12 or may be 14 aircraft per year, plus in China also, fully aircraft production can be done too.

Sir, I wish PAF would get 150 mark by 2015.But the reality is different.By 2012 u will have approx 50.Ur block-2 configuration and vendors not yet decided.Then whole range of integration and extensive testing required.Its 2011 starting almost. At any cost these things will not be ready before 2013.If its western vendor(suppose France), I m afraid it will take much more time.In any case 100 mark by 2015 is a tough call for PAF.

New indigenous avionics are already being tested in PAC!2012 At MAX is the time frame of the BLK-II..... CATIC AND PAC are both manufacturing JF-17s 26 ac per year is going to be the rate of production in PAC and not to forget CATIC is also manufacturing em.... do the math.

what would be the main features of block 2?probably infrared search and track,bvr and air refueling capability?

New indigenous avionics are already being tested in PAC!2012 At MAX is the time frame of the BLK-II..... CATIC AND PAC are both manufacturing JF-17s 26 ac per year is going to be the rate of production in PAC and not to forget CATIC is also manufacturing em.... do the math.

That would mean almost 2.16 plane in a month....A fighter plane being manufactured in less than 2 weeks...Don't you think it is extraordinary pace???

That would mean almost 2.16 plane in a month....A fighter plane being manufactured in less than 2 weeks...Don't you think it is extraordinary pace???

But HAL in India is churning out 22 Su 30s in an year. Isnt it? And almost 100% of the components are being manufactured locally.

If PAC and CITAC are working simultaneously on it, what's the big deal?

Pakistan's best and the Worst possible answer is JF-17 thunder... Or It has to Improve its Economy and attitude if it has to get its hands On Some top notch gadgets like we enjoy in todays world

Back
Top Bottom