What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

How far is the JFT block 2... ?? Quite some.. Right? You dont even have a second squad of Block 1 started. Still that gets refered to in every aviation thread.. Then why such a restrictive view towards MRCA?

LOL! you don't even have MMRCA decision finalized and your talking about 5th gen... hypocrisy at it's best.

and after every 50 jf-17s they get upgraded. so you could see a block 2 prototype in 2011 or 2012.

^^^ our 5th gen plane is already finaled and contract had been sign. unlike some imeginary block-2 of some plane.

^^^ our 5th gen plane is already finaled and contract had been sign. unlike some imeginary block-2 of some plane.

lol show the orders list plz...

and btw my post meant to reply to how he was saying that pakistan jumps to next thing before completing the first.

LOL! you don't even have MMRCA decision finalized and your talking about 5th gen... hypocrisy at it's best.

and after every 50 jf-17s they get upgraded. so you could see a block 2 prototype in 2011 or 2012.

My friend.. MRCA candidates are all flying and the most probable one has been operational for quite some time now. So its just the question of signing the contract.

With JF 17, which I believe is a good plane, getting it to block 2, there are still too many variables. Engine is not yet finalized. French deal for avionics is uncertain and the new Chinese suit is still under development. But you are right talking about it. In this industry, the plans are actually made for next 10-15 years. You are perfectly fine talking about the plane whose prototype will emerge probably in 2 years. But then so are Indian members who talk about a plane that has been operational for some time and is awaiting a sign on the dotted line or about the 5th gen plane, whose prototype flew a few months back.. Dont you think so?

My friend.. MRCA candidates are all flying and the most probable one has been operational for quite some time now. So its just the question of signing the contract.

With JF 17, which I believe is a good plane, getting it to block 2, there are still too many variables. Engine is not yet finalized. French deal for avionics is uncertain and the new Chinese suit is still under development. But you are right talking about it. In this industry, the plans are actually made for next 10-15 years. You are perfectly fine talking about the plane whose prototype will emerge probably in 2 years. But then so are Indian members who talk about a plane that has been operational for some time and is awaiting a sign on the dotted line or about the 5th gen plane, whose prototype flew a few months back.. Dont you think so?

Ofcourse I admit jf-17 block II is a concept but criticizing PAF and saying that we'll never get jf-17 blk II in time for MMRCA is wrong.

Ofcourse I admit jf-17 block II is a concept but criticizing PAF and saying that we'll never get jf-17 blk II in time for MMRCA is wrong.

I agree.. I think Pakistan will have a JFT II (in what final form, i am not too sure) prototype, before the 1st MRCA takes off from an Indian base in Indian colors..

Sir, U r high on emotion.

1) To make u happy LCA mk1 will get IOC in dec and have 40 already in order to be delivered by 2014.
2)Remember US F16s were not even detect these Mig21 Bisons and couldn't even locked it.LOL..Think about what will happen to ur F16s when Bison starts firing R77. Jaguars with latest upgrade getting almost all the top notch western avionics and jammers of MKI.If its obsolete, then what u will say about ur beloved JFT.
3)Till now PAF didn't even place order of initial 36 J10B. I guess(If place order in time) u may get them by 2015.

1) by 2015 PAF will have 150 jf-17s
2)Yes, the bisons are at a higher level of stealth than the F-22. :rofl:
Just so you know in case your flying coffins are better than our F-16s we have some f-7pg which are just as good as your bisons.
3)We have made orders for 36 and they will arrive in 2014, after that these may be ordered in greater numbers.

Yes buddy... accepted.. thats why the performance of IAF improved in 1971 compared to 1965... where as PAF performance went down when we compared to 1965 .. all though IAF lost lot of Fighters in PAF preemptive strike as it was done in 1965... still IAF managed to fly more sorties

It's sorties might have increased but still PAF despite being outnumbered and technologically behind inflicted heavy damages to IAF which you also accepted. Also to mention thatl most of the AC's of IAF including Hawker Hunter, GNAT and Mig 21 were a generation ahead and more advanced than PAF's sabres.

1) by 2015 PAF will have 150 jf-17s
2)Yes, the bisons are at a higher level of stealth than the F-22. :rofl:
Just so you know in case your flying coffins are better than our F-16s we have some f-7pg which are just as good as your bisons.
3)We have made orders for 36 and they will arrive in 2014, after that these may be ordered in greater numbers.

1.Should stay in ur dream.By 2012 u will have only less than 50.Till now ur block-2 configuration or vendor not yet decided.U will be so lucky if u reach upto 100 by 2015.
2. I meant F16 was not able to detect mig bison from required distance, so that they could fire missiles on it.Watch Red flag video.

Back
Top Bottom