What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

I took out some time from my studies to write my thoughts as to wut will PAF's possible answer be to MRCA, i have analysed all the options one by one, availabe to PAF from my point of view, so here it goes:taz:

1. IAF goes for F-18 SuperHornet

but the biggest drawback is that they would have to set up all new infrastructure to handle this aircraft, which will surely take lots of time, one of the biggest problem will also come in managing all the different Russian n American aircraft's at once.

The F-18 if chosen isnt going to enter service in one shot, its going to be progressive and in the mean time IAF would be decommissioning its Mig 21s and others; leaving IAF with only the MRCA, Su MKI and LCA .

Last edited:
Two corrections.
1.) It may or may not worked. There are examples where it has worked.
2.) US and USSR is a wrong example. It has almost always worked. The crumbling of the USSR is for many other reasons, not necessarily the arms race with the US.

Are there any operational or prototypes developed for this? I ask because I do not know.

Same as previous, again because I honestly do not know about it.

This point is invalid only because it does not counter the MRCA.

Regards,
Anoop

Ever heard of vision, Innovation and invention?? As long the concecpt exisit, people will strive to realize it. We dont necessary have to depend on off the shelf shopping. :cheers:

It is difficult to answer how PAF counter MRCA. The only aircraft currently able to counter MRCA in one to one basis is F-16/52. I do not buy that any other plane in PAF inventory can counter it. Then comes J-10 which if everything goes on time then PAF gets 30-40 by 2015.

So, in my opinion there is no immediate concern for PAF as per as MRCA is concern, however, problem lies that what PAF is planning for a decade. JF-17 gives decent replacement for MIGs and Mirages however they need decent numbers of F-16/52 and upgraded J-10's.

Since by then India would be having 240+ MKI's, 126+ MRCA, 2x60+ MIG-29SMT and Mirage 2005-MK2.

I did not include MIG-29K's,Tejas, PAK-FA/FGFA or any other upgraded fighters.

Therefore in nutshell, for 5-6 years from now everything is under control for PAF. After that, it gonna be difficult. I am sure they must be having some sort of planning for this.

PAF is always been an worthy opponent and I am sure it will be for many decades to come.

Having read some background into this monstrous defense deal and the obvious hurdles ahead for the PAF, I would say that any retaliatory answer would necessitate an acquisition of a platform (could be land or air) that can out maneuver or overwhelm the enemy. For this an extensive coverage high altitude air defense system is key, which Pakistan lacks already. This will be exploited even more by the next generation European or American jets on offer. This brings me to my next point. If the source of the equipment will be the US, further acquisitions of inferior Block 50 F-16 should immediately halt. If I am to play out these scenarios I need it to be as realistic as possible, and Pakistan air force being a chronically cash strapped organization, I would look for realistic options. Eurofighter and Rafale are too expensive and Rafale being too risky of a platform to invest in right off the bat having no customers. Looking to China at this point would be a logical answer but I don't think going to China answers the question, how to counter the Indian multi role tender. The Chinese are a good stepping stone and a great supplier of ground arms but I think that these aircraft are currently out of their league. They have nothing in the league of Super Hornets or Typhoons. Pakistan should really look into incorporating and maintaining a better air defense network. It doesn't make sense buying inferior yet expensive F-16 or J-10 when your enemy is fielding a higher number of better equipment. A great defense is the best offense.

Having read some background into this monstrous defense deal and the obvious hurdles ahead for the PAF, I would say that any retaliatory answer would necessitate an acquisition of a platform (could be land or air) that can out maneuver or overwhelm the enemy. For this an extensive coverage high altitude air defense system is key, which Pakistan lacks already. This will be exploited even more by the next generation European or American jets on offer. This brings me to my next point. If the source of the equipment will be the US, further acquisitions of inferior Block 50 F-16 should immediately halt. If I am to play out these scenarios I need it to be as realistic as possible, and Pakistan air force being a chronically cash strapped organization, I would look for realistic options. Eurofighter and Rafale are too expensive and Rafale being too risky of a platform to invest in right off the bat having no customers. Looking to China at this point would be a logical answer but I don't think going to China answers the question, how to counter the Indian multi role tender. The Chinese are a good stepping stone and a great supplier of ground arms but I think that these aircraft are currently out of their league. They have nothing in the league of Super Hornets or Typhoons. Pakistan should really look into incorporating and maintaining a better air defense network. It doesn't make sense buying inferior yet expensive F-16 or J-10 when your enemy is fielding a higher number of better equipment. A great defense is the best offense.
It's been my belief that any effective counter to MRCA will neccesitate Pak looking beyond China. China may be beginning to make fighters but when you are against very well proven platforms coming from countries with well established tech base you will yourself need to go to those kinds of countries. Depending soleley upon china for so large a strategic threat is both risky and dangerous. But going beyond china also means scraping the barrel to get out the cash that is needed to invest in quiality.

It's been my belief that any effective counter to MRCA will neccesitate Pak looking beyond China. China may be beginning to make fighters but when you are against very well proven platforms coming from countries with well established tech base you will yourself need to go to those kinds of countries. Depending soleley upon china for so large a strategic threat is both risky and dangerous. But going beyond china also means scraping the barrel to get out the cash that is needed to invest in quiality.

This is why the PAF will have to remain an extremely lean force, out of proportion with the ground forces no doubt.

Ever heard of vision, Innovation and invention??
Thanks for your sarcasm. I had asked my questions with utmost sincerity. Have also thanked the guy who responded it in a polite, positive way. Check up. But to your sarcasm...

Star wars program was a vision, innovation and invention gone wrong.

As long the concecpt exisit, people will strive to realize it. We dont necessary have to depend on off the shelf shopping. :cheers:

I agree with this. But your sarcasm just rubbed me the wrong way.

Regards,
Anoop.

It's been my belief that any effective counter to MRCA will neccesitate Pak looking beyond China. China may be beginning to make fighters but when you are against very well proven platforms coming from countries with well established tech base you will yourself need to go to those kinds of countries.

Other than F-16, F-18 and MiG-35, the other MRCA contenders have not really been 'proven' - I mean what 'real' conflicts have Rafale, Typhoon or Gripen been in?

Pakistan already gets fighters from USA, but unlikely to get any from Russia.

Depending soleley upon china for so large a strategic threat is both risky and dangerous.

That's why PAF is looking to buy more F-16s as well as upgrading older ones.

Besides, with China there isn't much risk of sanctions or political influence as there will inevitably be with US and European planes so, on the contrary, it's actually safer.

But going beyond china also means scraping the barrel to get out the cash that is needed to invest in quiality.

Maybe, but a similar western plane might cost twice as much but might not be twice as effective.
With J-10B you will get quality as well as quantity.

Until J-10B/FC-20 is in full swing, I'd say additional F-16s may come in the form of both new-built and used models. While there is scope for more Block-52+, PAF may also acquire used F-16C/Ds (Block-25/32) and put them through CCIP - bringing them to Block-52+ standards in most aspects.

It is interesting. But

Till u discover ur answers to our 4th 4.5th gen MRCA, we will get 5th gen PAKFA in 2017. With 5th gen PAKFA we are going to take back Kashmir in 2020, when we will be having at least 40 to 50 PAKFA.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Plz don't make a fool of your self.

First get LCA, then get all of your su-30s, then get the MMRCA and then talk about PAK FA.

As for Kashmir! COME N GET IT! :smokin:

p.s by 2020 we will have a way of dealing with even PAK FA hint: J-XX

Standard Answer too everything

" We have an ANSWER" TO Su3omki & too MMRCA & pak fa & TO india Nuke Subs

Trouble is we never see the ANSWER

just that their is an ANSWER...

" love it"

" love it"

Terrible assessment on your part.

We've already told you J-10B/F-16 blk 52 are the answer to mki and mrca. Yes you do see the answer but you chose to ignore it.

Take paka fried out of your list, the induction into iaf will be after 2022+ so relax such complex project takes time ok?

nuclear subs do we need them? No We've multiple delivery system based on Land/Air/Sea and continues efforts to upgrade update them.

I am sure now you have got your answer to your question.

" love it"

f-16 blk 52 and j-10b
plz get some orders on those PAK FA and then we will counter it!

p.s mind adjusting your flags, we all know where you're from

spanning on 50 pages , yet the consensus is on nothing. --- this thread will remain hypothetical and nonpractical till paf gets all the j10b/f16s.

F-16 blk52 and J10b are not possible answers to even SU30 or MMRCA
even the US has accepted that SU30 is superior to the F16 which they use and su30 is even better than J10b and MMRCA will be much more better than F16 BLK52 because in MMRCA even F16 blk 60 on offer

Back
Top Bottom