What's new

PAF vs. IAF fighter fleet technology comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for stealth its on Par with many of those fields...Even the huge RCS is supplemented by providing powerful RADAR

radar adds to the RCS, making it easier for enemy to detect it, guess this is a drawback

Well, it looks like you started this thread, just for the heck of it going by the tone and tenor of your subsequent posts and those of some of the "anointed ones".
Which then gives rise to the question: is it worth the use of the band-width?

One "worthy" here, has even cooked up a "fairy-tale" about Kargil...........contrary to the documented facts, documented by Pakistani ex-servicemen.

What say, hey @Oscar? :)

i started it, asked a question but the purpose was to find any information unknown to forumers, not a d** contest. I am entitled to my opinion like anyone, doesnt mean i have the intention to thrust it, an educated discussion is always welcome.

thanks for contributing to the thread.

No offence mate, but your post is idiotic. In Kargil,IAF flew hundreds of sorties and delivered thousands of ordanance,including PGMs. Israeli help was taken for the integration of LGBs,and we under sanctions. Today,we are having our own LGBs in service,along with foreign ones. Also,the aircrafts Pak MANPADS shot down is small compared to number of missiles fired or sorties.
And regarding MKIs crossing border,its just a fanboy story as there is no reliable source to support it. Just because India isn't in combat with you doesn't mean we aren't having an edge our you. Nations don't fight wars just because one is stronger than the other,only kids do.

Bro.. Operating Fighter aircrafts and Choppers at such horrible weather conditions and Altitude was no joke.. IAF proved their capability taking such huge risks and the fact that Pak's disinterest in entering the airbattle showed that they din't had capable weapon at that time or simple they wanted to avoid more humiliation

radar adds to the RCS, making it easier for enemy to detect it, guess this is a drawback

Being one of the largest combat aircrafts by size is indeed a drawback,however please do count radar absorbent coatings.

Another IAF stronghorse:
MiG-21 "Bison"

-BVR capable
-HOTAS
-Mid-air refueling
-Local production
-HMS

DMSRDE-Developed+Composites-2.jpg

Last edited:
Being one of the largest combat aircrafts by size is indeed a drawback,however please do count radar absorbent coatings.

MiG-21 "Bison"

-BVR capable
-HOTAS
-Mid-air refueling
-Local production
-HMS
I think he meant Su-30 , the fact that a powerful BARS RADAR with enourmous range was added to nullify the disadvt of having Huge RCS

Bro.. Operating Fighter aircrafts and Choppers at such horrible weather conditions and Altitude was no joke.. IAF proved their capability taking such huge risks and the fact that Pak's disinterest in entering the airbattle showed that they din't had capable weapon at that time or simple they wanted to avoid more humiliation

Lets keep to the topic bro,back there I was merely replying the member:)

If India would be so superior it would have taken Pakistani soil in 65 or 71... It didn't then when it was atleast 5 times bigger. Now these days... Let us go to Kargill. Indians could not even bomb soldiers on a mountain. They got help from Israeli. Still they lost some thanks to Anza. Even later. Two MKI fully armed went to the border. They retreated. PAF was at the worst when it comes to numbers or quality. And even later... If non BVR 30 years old f16's went up they did not come close to the border...

I try to find the logic behind it cause as all Indians here are posting... The Indians are bigger in numbers and quality of the planes. Yet they do not dare to do real combat... Anyway, My dad was in one of the biggest tank battles in the world and his tank was hit. I think if he tells me that Indian army is better (in the past) then who am I to say the opposite. Our senior officers were the worst in the world. Our soldiers offered everything but there was a reason why soldiers were allowed to kill seniors if they saw bad developments... We had idiots in the army. Just like we have idiots as politicians.

A selam Munir are you now in Germany if in Berlin, you are welcome in my Restuarant ;) for a dinner and Tea !

MiG-21 "Bison"

-BVR capable
-HOTAS
-Mid-air refueling
-Local production
-HMS

DMSRDE-Developed+Composites-2.jpg
how r our bisons any less technologically then paf f16s,,,??:D

i started it, asked a question but the purpose was to find any information unknown to forumers, not a d** contest. I am entitled to my opinion like anyone, doesnt mean i have the intention to thrust it, an educated discussion is always welcome.

thanks for contributing to the thread.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. No doubt about it. Nobody can ever contest that.

However a "Dick v/s Dick" discussion will remain a "Dick v/s Dick" discussion. It just cannot become anything else at all.
Thanks for your reaction.

I think he meant Su-30 , the fact that a powerful BARS RADAR with enourmous range was added to nullify the disadvt of having Huge RCS

BARS range for a fighter size target (5m2) is not more than 130-140km, as per internet info available, it feels like a radar set with not so power efficiency behind it, compared to the radiation generated by the set, is it not a darwback?

. With jaguar and mig 27

Both are meant to attack ground units, they do have A2A weapons, but they are only meant for self defence

quantity has its own quality.

We dont follow this saying anymore.... those days are over ;)

If India would be so superior it would have taken Pakistani soil in 65 or 71... It didn't then when it was atleast 5 times bigger.

1.) The technological, economic, political and many other factors are totally not comparable to the 60s and 70s.
2.) - We did not attack in 1965, we just managed to stop the Pak military`s offensive and even took the fight to the outskirts of Lahore!
- And in 1971, we showed the whole world how well we have mastered blitzkrieg tactics, joint operations between all three services and how to arm, train and fight alongside the Bangladeshis.

Last edited:
PS: 7 pages and no trolling and offences :tup: I am pleasantly surprised, keep going boys :D

In all the major war PAF was able to hold its ground and did serious damage to IAF.
With limited resources and in future war most of the long strike from PAF will be don't with cruise and ballistic missile targeting bases and command centre and strategic important places.

So PAF will be more busy in providing air cover to army,defending its air space and attacking ship @ sea and I think they are very capable with both machine and men .

Early warning system and Bvr missile will be big pain for IAF.

IAF has numerical advantage but most of their fighter are Russian and needs frequent maintainence . With big Rcs so easily track by early warming or border radar and enemy spy near airbases to alert Pakistani .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom