What's new

PAF to induct JF17 Thunder Block III in 2016

JF-17 cant handle rafale, what will be the answer?
F-16's will be pitted against rafales not Jf-17. JF-17's will support the F-16's pilots
And I doubt iaf will get rafales anytime soon.

JF-17 cant handle rafale, what will be the answer?

I am really perplexed at these statements which appear on a regular basis.

I agree that Rafale is far superior than current JF-17 but a fighter jets performance also depends on the mode (strike or interceptor) it gets used.

Therefore, if JF-17 is used in interceptor mode, with Rafale being the aggressor, will it still be the same or different? Also, in interception mode it will have the benefit of support from other JF-17s and also the AWACS.

Comments please....

Last edited:
I am really perplexed at these statements which appear on a regular basis.

I agree that Rafale is far superior than current JF-17 but a fighter jets performance also depends on the mode (strike or interceptor) it gets used.

Therefore, if JF-17 is used in interceptor mode, with Rafale being the aggressor, will it still be the same or different? Also, in interception mode it will have the benefit of support from other JF-17s and also the AWACS.

Comments please....

Hi,

If you can spend around 6-10 mill dollars per aircraft on a western EW suite + missiles----you can have a very competitive aircraft.

Brother I love math, its my subject so plz explain me through maths, i dont know other languages. I hope PAF will do wonders for us but currently no way.

Bro I am a Pakistani. my airforce is PAF so plz take criticism positively.

Sir you are a senior member, you know exactly why it cant. JF-17 is our product and i am damn proud of it but plz be realistic, we can pitch it against mig-29s but upgraded SU-30s or rafale.....

Jf-17 block 1 wasn't designed to go against Rafale and Pak-fa. It was design to replace A-5c, F-7s and older mirage planes.

Jf-17 block 4 stealth might be more advance, with more composite and beter avionics and engine can probably face the 4.5 gen fighter.

Just to give a better understang of this project.
Jf-17 block 1 = 3rd generation (will be upgraded to block 2)
f-17 block 2 = 3.5 generation
Jf-17 block 3 = 4.0 generation (redesign nose, composite, beter avionics and radar, etc)
Jf-17 block 4 = 4++ generation (redesigned front, stealther, reduced weight, better avonics, targeting pod, etc)

Jf-17 block 1 wasn't designed to go against Rafale and Pak-fa. It was design to replace A-5c, F-7s and older mirage planes.

Jf-17 block 4 stealth might be more advance, with more composite and beter avionics and engine can probably face the 4.5 gen fighter.

Jf-17 block 3 = 4.0 generation (redesign nose, composite, beter avionics and radar, etc)
Jf-17 block 4 = 4++ generation (redesigned front, stealther, reduced weight, better avonics, targeting pod, etc)
Yeah and jf-17 block 5 will intercept sixth gen Ac above in the space
And jf -17 block 6 will be ultimate killer la :drag:
And list goes on...

:meeting: Well we already have block 2 , done (Still being made), and we already know Block three was gonna get started at some stage next year and so , it is the normal time line may be plus minus few months , not like we will have 100 planes by 2 months

First just get Block 2

The old news stated block 3 would be next year so same schedule, it said they are "starting" to look into it

There is a difference between
a) Starting to look into it
b) Making it
c) Inducted it

If my memory serves me we had a break of about 1 year between Transition between Block 1 to Block 2

Last edited:

their is no blk 4 not even on the drawing board but in your wild imaginations:lol::hitwall:

And list goes on...
yeah bro they live in their wet dreams:hitwall::lol:

f-17 block 2 = 3.5 genseration

Redesign nose cone is a major new project in itself. I cannot imagine a major redesign now.
AESA is most definitely on the cards.

Hi,

If you can spend around 6-10 mill dollars per aircraft on a western EW suite + missiles----you can have a very competitive aircraft.

I think this is what we tried to do via France...but the deal got busted due to Indians buying Rafale.

Having said this, my question was on a different note.

Lets wait and see
Block 3 should come with
HMS
AESA
IRST
More hard points to carry more loadout
And advanced avionics

Sorry Bro, I cant reply, you win..

I think this is what we tried to do via France...but the deal got busted due to Indians buying Rafale.

Having said this, my question was on a different note.

Hi,

Just to clear it up---We refused the Rafale---that is our PAF refused the Rafale and allowed the indians to get it and the French were mad at us thus cancelling the deal---.

You question is not on a different note---. The JF17 needs a 10 million dollar EW package and weapons to take out superior aircraft---.

Hi,

You kids have been lied to---. The JF17 BLK1 was designed to take on superior aircraft---but the Paf scre-wed over the nation of pakistan and we did not get the French EW suite for this aircraft---otherwise it would have been superior 6 years ago to the Gripen NG---which definitely is going to take on superior aircraft.

And list goes on...

So far we know that design for block 3 was finanlized and it will most likely go into production in 2018. Pakistan may not work on block 4 and move it focus on j-31. It all depends in situation, circumstances, and requirements.

Hi,

Just to clear it up---We refused the Rafale---that is our PAF refused the Rafale and allowed the indians to get it and the French were mad at us thus cancelling the deal---.

You question is not on a different note---. The JF17 needs a 10 million dollar EW package and weapons to take out superior aircraft---.

Hi,

You kids have been lied to---. The JF17 BLK1 was designed to take on superior aircraft---but the Paf scre-wed over the nation of pakistan and we did not get the French EW suite for this aircraft---otherwise it would have been superior 6 years ago to the Gripen NG---which definitely is going to take on superior aircraft.

Please don't embarrass yourself. Aren't you the one still proposing jh-7a for PAF?

their is no blk 4 not even on the drawing board but in your wild imaginations:lol::hitwall:

yeah bro they live in their wet dreams:hitwall::lol:

Ok indian power, enjoy your LCA.

Back
Top Bottom