What's new

PAF to get land in Nasirabad for air base

why are you using bing instead of google?
personal preference...i liked color contrast better and i was able to do this with ease....i use multiple maps anyway
20210503_102323.jpg

They apparently moved No.02 (JF-17) to Shahbaz. So it's possible that Shahbaz will switch to JF-17s, while the F-16s move to other bases (with Nasirabad being one of them).

Any idea why they would want to? As per my understanding, Shahbaz is one of the better equipped bases we have, owing to the US stint there.

Any idea why they would want to? As per my understanding, Shahbaz is one of the better equipped bases we have, owing to the US stint there.
Forgive my ignorance.But how can a airbase be better equipped than others?All of them have same hangars and runways.

Nuttal has low population, barren terrain, and it is located in the central location from our eastern & westerns borders. One way of looking into new proposed airbase is that we need a secure facility to store our "strategic assets" and this area fits the bill.

I just saw some tweets from regular anti military people that how an airbase will help the area and population's development. As a sargodian I can tell you that Sargodha would have been a big village if it was not for PAF Base. All the development in Sargodha over the decades can largely be attributed to the PAF's interest in the area, be it health, education or infrastructure development.

I dont think Jacobabad is being abandoned any time soon. However, a new airbase is being setup altogether.

Agreed. Considering that it has only been around 10-12 years since PAF had to raise debt through consortium financing for revamping the base, I don't think PAF is moving out of Jacobabad.

Dont you think that this is a bad decision?The airbase is located in the area where the Baloch insurgency is at its strongest.Most attacks claimed by terrorists usually take place in Mand,Turbat and Panjgur.The terrorists could fire some rockets as they did a few days ago by firing rockets at Gawader International Airport.
First of all I was wrong about the place which I have mention in my post quoted by you, and later clarified this in other post [click here], confusion occurred due to the existence of 2 Nasirabad in Baluchistan ....

But related to your post, you concerns are not totally misplaced but I would say militant activities are occurring in some pockets due to low and weak presence of LEAs in those areas which you have mention, so in future we would have to increase the presence of LEAs and defence forces in those areas .... Turbat is already Operational with PN so situation is not as bad as it appear.

Nuttal has low population, barren terrain, and it is located in the central location from our eastern & westerns borders. One way of looking into new proposed airbase is that we need a secure facility to store our "strategic assets" and this area fits the bill.

This seems to be a valid reason for the said airbase.

Naseerabad is the area with lowest support for insurgents. The area belongs to Jamali tribe that very much are pro Pakistan
he was talking about 2nd Nasirabad which is near turbat
They apparently moved No.02 (JF-17) to Shahbaz.
Yaap when I read the news about the deployment of JF-17 at Shahbaz airbase Jacobabad I was also curious as at least on the basis of publicly available information PAF till recently had not permanently deployed any other non-American jet at Shahbaz ....

So I was assuming either the deployment is temporary or blk-52+ would be shifted somewhere else, and today we have this news.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom