What's new

PAF to get land in Nasirabad for air base

They apparently moved No.02 (JF-17) to Shahbaz. So it's possible that Shahbaz will switch to JF-17s, while the F-16s move to other bases (with Nasirabad being one of them).
Do you think PAF will deply American jet to protect gwader and CPEC

Do you think PAF will deply American jet to protect gwader and CPEC

There is permanent deployment during peace time and operational deployment for exercises and major escalations two totally different

you know i have black hairs i was not married i just started my job when i heard first time that j-10 and jxx are coming pakistan . now i am about to retired with all white hairs and never see them coming unless for 23 march fly past . :lol:

this was our future fighter back then

View attachment 739823
Sir you have very solid reason to dought this J10C deal or any other

Only change in scenario is that, do we ever think that PN will get 10 advance ship and 8 sub together in same time frame, such change give us hope that, this time may be it materialized
There is permanent deployment during peace time and operational deployment for exercises and major escalations two totally different
My point in about permanent deployment, IMO most favorable chances are Thander and if get got J10C or some other fighter form Chinese in future, will deployed on this up coming base

IMO this base is to protrct Gwader from neighbors via land and sea

Sir Baluchistan is our biggest province plus far away from Indian border. As peace returns in Baluchistan we should build lot more Air Bases in Baluchistan.
we should build more hospitals schools ov departemnt clean water plants first . now matter we put nuke in every town village we can not win hearts . think about it .

Notal area of Nasirabad district, Balochistan

It’s Nuttal not Notal [emoji6]

With just 36km air distance between dera Jamali and Jacobabad it’s alternate site I guess

May be recovery runway [emoji6] as jacobabad is single runway

Last edited:
Normally how many years are required to construct proper base

during a survey in Sargodha, i found an abandoned air strip at opposite end of city from the airbase.
If I am not wrong that has been there for a long time. In 1965 or 71 an IAF strike package went for it mistaking it for Sarghoda and then turned towards the main base later

we should build more hospitals schools ov departemnt clean water plants first . now matter we put nuke in every town village we can not win hearts . think about it .
If not Mistaken, PAF tried something similar after the 2005 Earth Quake, the $ ended up else where. There should be seperate funds for these type of projects, one can't place $ restrictions on defense. Nukes don't win wars, they deter up to some point, Feb 26/27 proved that despite being under nuclear duress one can excessive low intensity conflict and get away with it.

If not Mistaken, PAF tried something similar after the 2005 Earth Quake, the $ ended up elsewhere. There should be seperate funds for these type of projects, one can't place $ restrictions on defense.

Yes, talks of a new airbase in Baluchistan emerged in the Musharaf era. Other than the finical reasons, due to the killing of Bugti political situation worsened in Baluchistan so much that even civilian governments after Musharaf didn't proceed with this. There was a lot of local opposition at that time to give huge lands to the military.

Now the situation is much better politically so that why they are moving ahead with this.

DERA MURAD JAMALI: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has proposed a piece of land to be acquired for establishing a new air base in the Notal area of Nasirabad district, Balochistan.

Officials of the PAF and the district administration visited the Notal area on Sunday.

According to Nasirabad Deputy Commissioner Azhar Shezad, a delegation of the PAF proposed a tract of land to be acquired for establishing the air base.

After a meeting on the matter, the project will be taken up with the Board of Revenue.

It’s expected that under the project Notal area will be developed which will shift focus from Jacobabad, Sindh, to Nasirabad.

The air base project will be soon materialised and open up the opportunity doors for locals and development of Nasirabad district.

Published in Dawn, May 3rd, 2021

it will be a support / logistics depot. like badaber near to Peshawar base

Back
Top Bottom