What's new

PAF & the ramifications of Rafale's sale to India

If you can't buy Jet then Focus more on SAMS a better option

Buy Long Range Sams Some Options like HQ-9 Aster-30 and Hisar Missile.. Having 300+ air defence Missile will sure help lessen the threat from Rafales until PAF in a condition to afford new Planes (that can actually Counter Rafales)

HQ-9-TELs+HT-233-Engagement-Radar-1S.jpg

Aster30.jpg

Aselsan_HISAR_multi_purpose_missile_launcher_makes_debuts_in_Poland_640_001.jpg

It is a good Idea...Wait till Iran tests its Bavar-373 and evaluate it (it is a defensive weapon , maybe it can be sold and not expensive!) or HQ 9, get Chinese medium range AD, or Turkish and European or Russian short distance like the Pantsir and Tor

It is a good Idea...Wait till Iran tests its Bavar-373 and evaluate it (it is a defensive weapon , maybe it can be sold and not expensive!) or HQ 9, get Chinese medium range AD, or Turkish and European or Russian short distance like the Pantsir and Tor

Will Iran sell it to Pakistan?? (Maybe)
Will Pakistan trust Iranian System ?? (Highly Unlikely)

THERE IS NOTHING FREE IN THIS WORLD. so get real.

USA gave you grant aid in exchange for transit and info to fight Taliban.

Arabs have never given you a dime for free since your birth in 1947 ... So what you expecting now

CHINA .... you ally is selling thunders on soft loans ARE they realy giving away J10 ,, really ????? IF THEY will not give thunders free you expect o get even more advanced war plane for free........

AS FOR FC31 lets deal with here and now and not year 2030

its 7.8 billion euros BUT in dollars its $8.8 billion.

This includes

Purchase cost
Weapons
Adding Israeli HMD
And life cycle support soares for a decade
Obviously you are not current with the China-Pak news, China had already offered 24 to 32 J-10s to Pakistan for free, that is an option Pakistan can capitalize on now!
FC-31 is supposed to be operational by 2018-19
Arabs gave billions of dollars to support Pakistan Economy during the sanctions times (Nuclear tests), before that and after that too..
The US got Pakistan involved in a war it had finished with (the Russian invasion), and the US had to be forced to give any aid, remember those supply trucks set on fire on the transit routes!

Will Iran sell it to Pakistan?? (Maybe)
Will Pakistan trust Iranian System ?? (Highly Unlikely)
I said evaluate it! What if it is very good?

Last edited:
No Su 35 To much indian pressure and To much money needed no money , time neither infra structure
No Typhoons For Now too much price and complications i said for now
SAY GOOD BYE TO UNCLE SAM on f35 or f22
Untill 2040 thats for f35
only Options which makes sense and i see for current future
Paf current options and strategy for now thats. For near 5 to 7 years buying more used and upgraded f16,while keep adding and updating at thunder

Than straight to 5th Genetation because Even the deal has been indian forces will need time till there pilots get matured enough to fully use the potential of rafale which will also take almost same to bit more time.

While skipping 4.5 twin jet Pakistan save cash and take a sensible option
Having a 2 capable birda with good sam coverage and a 5th gen birds depending the current news of enrolment of Pakistan in turkish project and while also chinese card on play

any official news on this?
Nope but logically it might fit the bill, since they were already officially offered by China, and the The Chinese claim was that it can beat Rafale by its higher ceiling in a look down/ shoot down scenario, so with that in mind I had formed an opinion based on facts on the ground and from official news...

No Su 35 To much indian pressure and To much money needed no money , time neither infra structure
No Typhoons For Now too much price and complications i said for now
SAY GOOD BYE TO UNCLE SAM on f35 or f22
Untill 2040 thats for f35
only Options which makes sense and i see for current future
Paf current options and strategy for now thats. For near 5 to 7 years buying more used and upgraded f16,while keep adding and updating at thunder

Than straight to 5th Genetation because Even the deal has been indian forces will need time till there pilots get matured enough to fully use the potential of rafale which will also take almost same to bit more time.

While skipping 4.5 twin jet Pakistan save cash and take a sensible option
Having a 2 capable birda with good sam coverage and a 5th gen birds depending the current news of enrolment of Pakistan in turkish project and while also chinese card on play

su-35 are available. china would have to pony the money for the paf

PAF doesn't need thousands, just enough of a deterrence. It's certainly a whole lot cheaper than other options.

Again, far cheaper than other options.

single digit number of S-400 batteries cost $4 billion

Nope but logically it might fit the bill, since they were already officially offered by China, and the The Chinese claim was that it can beat Rafale by its higher ceiling in a look down/ shoot down scenario, so with that in mind I had formed an opinion based on facts on the ground and from official news...

I remember many F-6's coming for free from China. Lets see about J-10. Unsure at this point.

Long term costs are cheaper, as SAMs tend to be fairly easy and cheap to maintain. A squadron of brand new fighters would cost far more, especially in the long run.

su-35 are available. china would have to pony the money for the paf

How much cost a Su-35? 80 million$ top, I think Pakistan can afford 12 up to a squadron, it will be a force Multiplyer..

How much cost a Su-35? 80 million$ top, I think Pakistan can afford 12 up to a squadron, it will be a force Multiplyer..
if its only for a squadron ,why can't Pakistan go for f35 .

Back
Top Bottom