What's new

PAF Single engined Doctrine Good or Bad.

Sweden Santro is not going to war and is certainly not going to bomb deep inside ant enemy country to knock out military and industrial targets. Sweden will not have to provide air support to its navy 700km out to sea like Pakistan.

WRONG COMPARISON.

israel
south korea
japan
RAF
France

would be good world class examples.

AS FOR RAAD ITS one missle

your enemy air force will be carrying

4 different types

brahmos
nirbhay
tarus
scalp

The options are twin egines are far greater i think

Have PAF missed a trick in going for ALL single engined options onlly and severly limiting their OPERATIONAL ENVELOPE.

I think the answer lie in the above line- our operational envelope is limited to the defensive doctrine of keeping minimum deterrence with india- we dont need aircraft that can go deep into china to attack- plus the costs involved of maintaining twin engines-

Did not mistake re gripen santro

your getting wrong end of stick

i sugessting

2 single seaters and one twin engined heavey for PAF would be better

ie

RAFALE , THUNDER ,, FC20

OR follow china with Flankers & j10

As far i know

FC20 F16 OR THUNDER cannot carry a cruise missle. They can carry only light loads

To provide long range air cover over sea PAF will need refullers and this will limit flexibility and lose critical time

finally THE INDIAN military infrastucture & industrial key sites are up to 1000km away and surely out of reach with single engined fighters.

I just think 50 J11 or Rafale would give the indian defense planners a massive headache far more then Falcons or thunders which are essential local air cover and cas types of planes.

can you please tell me who on earth a mirage can carry it and thunder cannot? or they are stupids to keep c-802 in front of thunder ? just wait few more months you will see how thunders carry cruse missiles and ASM .its matter of little wait regarding f-16 its well known-ed what it can carry .

images say some story

weapons-defence-3-large.jpg

PAF_acquired_twelve.jpg

Mirages-Zoom-Attack-large.jpg

scan0009-1.jpg

just wait few days you have same image of jf-17 and fc-20
C-802K1.jpg

Long back I heard Pakistan is interested buying J-11B for PN.

Thanks windjammer

i,m glad a Pak national sees what point i,lm trying to make

I love the israeli combo

100 F15 & 300 F16 (75% SINGLE ENGINED to keep cost down)

For the record i think IAF is too top heavey withy 75% twin egined

Good mix for PAF

100 TWIN EGINED & 300 single engined

ie 100 flankers/mmrca & 300 Thunders/ FC20 wud be ideal

FC20 F16 OR THUNDER cannot carry a cruise missle. They can carry only light loads

You need to google a little

To provide long range air cover over sea PAF will need refullers and this will limit flexibility and lose critical time

finally THE INDIAN military infrastucture & industrial key sites are up to 1000km away and surely out of reach with single engined fighters.

They may have some other reliable solution to this problem

I just think 50 J11 or Rafale would give the indian defense planners a massive headache far more then Falcons or thunders which are essential local air cover and cas types of planes.

Agreed sir but there are too many buts

swedish doctorine was to let the enemy run over the country and then retaliate by using small planes scattered all over the country...
planes that need short runways..can be used from motorways and have a very short turn around time...because they accepted the fact that USSR is too big for them to hold..and their doctorine worked.
Never did USSR enter sweden..but they did enter neighboring Finland.

Likewise PAF wont be able to hold back IAF .. in the event of an all out attack.
PAF will have to make starategic retreat.
then retaliate using small...low maintinance planes .
MKIs are mkre than capable of disabling every airfield in the vountry in the first wave of attack.
what will PAF do then if they have big bulky twin engines who need an army of maintinance crew and lots of resources.
and long runways which wont be there

We have no other option. Double engine jets seem far too expensive for us. Single engined are not bad- i guess in terms of maintenance and how often we use them against our enemies.

but yes i understand the OPs point..a mix of long/short range twin/single engine planes is always better.

my guess is that PAF is counting on.Cruise missiles for striking deep into enemy territory.instead kf buying planes for the purpose.

PAF is an air defence force --focused primarily on defence and offensive-defence purposes; there is no actual doctrine encompassing single vs. twin engines...twin engine aircrafts have never been singled out

(the F-6 aircrafts which served the PAF nobly for almost 30 years were twin engined aircrafts)

it goes down to cost and need-based considerations

you should not waste time on PAF dear we have already some very nice brains in Institute of Strategic Studies, Research and Analysis they are taking salary for think and plan . as i know they think 100000000 times better then you .:D

Then Imran bhai what are you doing in PDF

As far i know

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: If a Mirage ROSE can carry an ALCM n the specs of JF-17 frm UK show can reveal tht they can fire an ALCM im sure F-16s and FC-20 sure can carry RAADs too.

Back
Top Bottom