What's new

PAF Single engined Doctrine Good or Bad.

Then Imran bhai what are you doing in PDF

P in PDF stands for Pakistan. Enough for you to understand?

Now, kindly have your say on "FC20 F16 OR THUNDER cannot carry a cruise missile, they can carry only light loads" and please do include Mirage ROSE and a missile called RA'AD.

P in PDF stands for Pakistan. Enough for you to understand?

Now, kindly have your say on "FC20 F16 OR THUNDER cannot carry a cruise missile, they can carry only light loads" and please do include Mirage ROSE and a missile called RA'AD.

Dear Emmie, we all know very well what the P stands for if the mods dint want us around they could have done so......anyways cool it the guy was only making a sujestion if you were not happy about itI really don't understand what you are doing here

if you dont understand trolling you shouldnt be on an internet forum ;)

I have looked at al the top air forces in the world they nearly all carry a twin engined option

China J11/SU30/27 & FC20 /J10
Europe typhoon & rafale tornado
Saudi typhoon & f15
Israel F15 & F16
Japan F15 & F16
Korea F15 & F16

Twin engined fighters give you so much in options and range both over land & sea.

IMAGINE a 50 fleet of J11 flankers/ or rafales backing the thunders & f16s with cruise missles strapped totheir bellys.

The top air forces in the world are the richest, and thus can afford acquisition and maintenance for a large fleet of twin engined aircraft. If your air force size is limited by budget rather than pilots and ground crew, better to get 250 single engined aircraft than 150 twin engined aircraft.

I'm sorry can you please tell me which part of the posts replied by joekrish is not considered to be trolling? Why the heck people judge me by my amount of posts. Can't you all see that I'm a member since 07. Yes I have not posted enough but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a new be. Anyhow lets get back to the topic please!

single vs double:
Does any one know what are the pros and cons in terms of dog fight and manuveralbilty? J-10 is single engined so I assume it is as manuverible as the eurofighter and the flanker.

PAF has no doctrine calling for a single-engine/dual-engine aircraft. We have had both. F-6 was a twin-engined aircraft and we had the largest fleet of these in the entire PAF inventory.

The real and only issue is that of funds and requirements. If the requirements call for greater survivability, or thrust that only a two seater aircraft provide and we can afford the platform, then PAF would buy it.

Blain,

Those were not the real twin engine aircraft persay----those aircraft had twin engines because their single engine was hopelessly powerless-----and even with their twin engines---they would carry lesser load than a single engine f16----.

Please---let us not compare our Skoda / Lada against their Maserati------pretty please.

I think the answer lie in the above line- our operational envelope is limited to the defensive doctrine of keeping minimum deterrence with india- we dont need aircraft that can go deep into china to attack- plus the costs involved of maintaining twin engines-

Hi,

Defencive doctrine is a losers preposition----paf has always been a strike capable offencive air force---it has never been a defencive force and mentality and psyche----.

I don't know what world are you guys living in----here is paf bragging about its pilots capabilities and prowess all through the years----fearless and unrpredictable----.

In general----

It seemingly is very dificult for you people to understand----every conflict needs an ending---and the right kind of weapons purchased to compliment your strength makes the peace deal easier to manufacture and enforce upon the opponent.

If paf had decided to buy the rafele by 2003 and had 75---100 planes by 2005---2007, the peace deal with india would have gone forward at a much faster pace than it would have otherwise---. So what would be the big deal of spending $5 billion dollars in one go----. We would have come up ahead in the long run-----. Our peace deal would have been signed longtime ago---and the economic benefits attained from that peace deal would have been ten times that amount-----.

Pakistanis don't understand yet---you can't deal with indians from a position of weakness ever---. It is an inherent problem with them----.

you should not waste time on PAF dear we have already some very nice brains in Institute of Strategic Studies, Research and Analysis they are taking salary for think and plan . as i know they think 100000000 times better then you .:D

Wah Chicha...What a reply...So due to that brains who think 100000000 times better then us has made Pakistan a failed state.

Wah Chicha...What a reply...So due to that brains who think 100000000 times better then us has made Pakistan a failed state.

please.....stop being an idiot.
the thread is technical not political.
if you dont have a technical or military strategic argiment.....move on to some other thread.

J11 would certainly be a great "INVESTMENT" for Pakistani Air Superiority role

Not that J10B / F16 C/D is not enough but J11 would be Psychological boost

Pakistan should no go for double engine planes too because most new and advanced planes are with double engines so we can't avoid that for too long we will have to go for double engine planes sooner or later

please.....stop being an idiot.
the thread is technical not political.
if you dont have a technical or military strategic argiment.....move on to some other thread.

That u need to make your PAKISTANI bhai jaan to understand...

Well having 36 J11 would be great psychological boost

I mean I see why it cannot be done , China makes the planes, and we can request only 36 planes which is not alot for disturbing regional balance infact it balances out things.

But the question it would these J11 be assigened to protect NAVIES and be operation at Sea or with defense of Air Space

Surely if we had 36 J11 today we would not be worried about our western borders not one bit

Is it true that the Chinese J11 is BETTER then the Sukhoi based on avionics and some upgrading by Chinese ?

Back
Top Bottom