What's new

PAF Single engined Doctrine Good or Bad.

That u need to make your PAKISTANI bhai jaan to understand...

yar the pakistani "bhai jan" of ours you are on about is alright...its just that he sometimes has an overdose of "naswaar" or the lack of it and then throws such comments....but never mind ;)

Truth is Pakistan cant afford twin engined fighters.

Its not about cost , we can afford anything we desire few years ago who would have imagined we would have 12 AWACS ops I mean 2 awacs , did I just say 12 , ignore that ...

But here we are we have billion dollar 12 awacs , ops again I made a mistake I mean 2 awacs

Few years ago , ppl said Pakistan cannot have 100 JF17 Thunders by 2011 end but hey here we are we will have 50 extra Thunders , we sure could afford it can't we ?

So there is no problem with Money thats how we roll

As far i know

FC20 F16 OR THUNDER cannot carry a cruise missle. They can carry only light loads

To provide long range air cover over sea PAF will need refullers and this will limit flexibility and lose critical time

finally THE INDIAN military infrastucture & industrial key sites are up to 1000km away and surely out of reach with single engined fighters.

I just think 50 J11 or Rafale would give the indian defense planners a massive headache far more then Falcons or thunders which are essential local air cover and cas types of planes.

Again the ever great Storm force, soo much worried about Pakistan's security and its military. :disagree:

The answer to bolded part, dear friend why you always forget pakistani ALCM Raad, Why it was made if PAF cann't use it on its fighters. Both FC20 and JFT will carry Raad with range of 350km at the moment, which is more than what your MMRCA aircrafts will have in future.

Again the ever great Storm force, soo much worried about Pakistan's security and its military. :disagree:

The answer to bolded part, dear friend why you always forget pakistani ALCM Raad, Why it was made if PAF cann't use it on its fighters. Both FC20 and JFT will carry Raad with range of 350km at the moment, which is more than what your MMRCA aircrafts will have in future.
Pakistan should get war planes to support our Navy and counter threat of Indian Ships

Pakistan should get war planes to support our Navy and counter threat of Indian Ships

Then why invest so much on Cruise and ballistic missiles. If C802A or Raad can do the job on an JFT priced 20 million then whats the need of buying expensive Rafale for 100+million, and one more point is that don't expect french or anyother western nation that they would sell you their advance veriants and that too with their advance weapon systems, remember french just a year ago refused to sell you radar and BVRs for JFT just because they think their sensitive tech will end up being copied. Already we have enough fancy toys in our airforce named F16 blk52, Sorry this poor nation cann't afford more waste of resources.

if a local homemade missile can reach 3000km then why should PAF buy expensive toys that don't have more than 1000km combat radius.

Storm force really yaar relax a bit you get to excited for Pakistan & its armed forces perhaps a small vacation will do maybe to goa or somewhere chill mate .

paf has over 3000 fighter pilots

the operational bases and small forward bases alonge motorway are enough-- we need fighter jets

paf chose j10b over a double engined fighter [thus making 3 fighters in the 4.5 generation criteria jft,f16,j10b] -- the purchase of j10b alonge tot might enable us to buy more number of j10b - or - help to divert the funds to a fifth generation fighter , which would become a bigger concern for paf in the longrun , particularly if paf had burnt up all the recources on a small number of blk52s or rafales on the first place

my point of view is that the generation gap would be of more concern than single /double engined fighters , in light of the availbility of paf air refuellers and cruise missiles-- capability wise , aswell as psycologically , 5th gen fighter will be far more potent than a double engined fighter again in the 4.5 generation range, of which we already have 3 fighters

about ra'ad missile , please notice the change of design betwwen the missiles of the 2 tests-- one can speculate that the range was also extended aswell as other parameters

Then why invest so much on Cruise and ballistic missiles. If C802A or Raad can do the job on an JFT priced 20 million then whats the need of buying expensive Rafale for 100+million, and one more point is that don't expect french or anyother western nation that they would sell you their advance veriants and that too with their advance weapon systems, remember french just a year ago refused to sell you radar and BVRs for JFT just because they think their sensitive tech will end up being copied. Already we have enough fancy toys in our airforce named F16 blk52, Sorry this poor nation cann't afford more waste of resources.

if a local homemade missile can reach 3000km then why should PAF buy expensive toys that don't have more than 1000km combat radius.
Sir what do you thin countries which have Nuclear Missiles and Cruise Missiles don't use Aircrafts Sir read Armed Forces of the world Armies should have every thing and every thing is needed specially for the country like Pakistan

Hi,

Actually we missed the other part of twin engine---it is a two seater---we need a two seater twin engine air superiority strike aircraft----.

Truth is Pakistan cant afford twin engined fighters.

truth is you are overreacting kid

uganda vetnam venezuela uzbekistan angola Belarus Ethiopia Eritrea use your mighty SU-30/su-27 and these nations are 10s time poor then pakistan .its just your blind hate toward pakistan nothing more .grow up .they are few of the worse poor nations on earth.:tdown:

now tell me abut F-16 these nations can't dream abut falcons .only few good air forces have falcons :tup:

PAF Single engined Doctrine Good or Bad?

Its good.

Lower maintenance costs, lower acquisition costs, small area to cover, smaller area of interests, single engine d fighters fits the bill perfectly.

In the end its all about money.

I am sure PAF would love more of long range twin engined planes to operate in increase endurance and to cover more of Indian mainland with lesser sorties which means better turnaround time.

But again, it all comes down to money.

Back
Top Bottom