What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

TPS77MRR
More compact and Multi mission system with improved electronics and GaN tech and it can switch between a Long Range Surveillance mode of 463km or a Low Level Target detection mode of 150km.
Also it is meant to be air transportable so only two iso 20ft size containers for the entire system ( Radar antenna + Ops shelter ).
May be its assembly
I doubt we have capabilities or a fab to produce it
Such a shame that our economy has lagged behind so much simply because we want to import everything

I cant even find a local tissue paper brand..it comes from china

May be its assembly
Such a shame that our economy has lagged behind so much simply because we want to import everything

It’s MRO

May be its assembly

Though I generally agree with the basic point of your post that we are way behind than many other economies of the region especially in the technology related industries, but would differ with the example you have given .... bhai there are many factories .... some of which now use chinese name and style of packaging .... plz itna tu giya guzra na samjoo even google can lead you to some local big names other than 100s small scale

Rose petal is biggest in terms of market share i.e. 62% and it is a local brand and being manufactured from pulp production to final product.
In the 1990s eveeything from toys to shoes to paper uaed to be pakistani
Last 20 years the share of pakistani products on consumer market has dropped dramtically
Almost all plastic products are now smuglled from china so is paper
Rose petal is biggest in terms of market share i.e. 62% and it is a local brand and being manufactured from pulp production to final product.
Huge amount of products are smuggled in KPK region from afghanistan simply becauae local industry cant compete
Even through regulat channels paper is one of the biggest import

Last edited:
In the 1990s eveeything from toys to shoes to paper uaed to be pakistani
Last 20 years the share of pakistani products on consumer market has dropped dramtically
Almost all plastic products are now smuglled from china so is paper

Huge amount of products are smuggled in KPK region from afghanistan simply becauae local industry cant compete
Even through regulat channels paper is one of the biggest import
Yes over the years our manufacturing muscles has reduced and consecutive govts have not done enough to protect domestic players.

1638239810660.png

Should we consider them inducted now ?
Evidence is there in sat imagery as well , while no radars itself are visible but a number of "purely MDPR Radar sites" have had new ramp with dome constructed which coincides with the tender in which they wanted domes for the TPS77MMR.

1639245312402.png

From the 2017-2018 Procurment file released by MODP
We didnt get to see what these SHORAD systems were , the deal is about the same amount as the 5 YLC18As so the SHORADs are probably not MANPAD mounts , any idea on what these were

TPS77MRR
More compact and Multi mission system with improved electronics and GaN tech and it can switch between a Long Range Surveillance mode of 463km or a Low Level Target detection mode of 150km.
Also it is meant to be air transportable so only two iso 20ft size containers for the entire system ( Radar antenna + Ops shelter ).
How many PAF wants??

So seems like the 5 x YLC-18A were pruchased to replace the 5 x TPS-43G/J PAF operates , While the 10? x TPS-77MRR are meant as replacement of some amount of MDPR ,

Back
Top Bottom