What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

Are the Crotales also deployed for base defence (like Spada)?

Pak was looking to buy FD-2000 sometime back. I suppose those will go to Army ADC when acquired.

Reminds me of NCES, which has an unidentified customer.
yes Like Spada 2000 they are being used for base defence and VA/VP's
Pak was looking for it dont know current status maybe they are/were with army but regarding AF I have no idea.
But who know's both arms get them just like case with crotales and FM-90.

yes Like Spada 2000 they are being used for base defence and VA/VP's
Pak was looking for it dont know current status maybe they are/were with army but regarding AF I have no idea.
But who know's both arms get them just like case with crotales and FM-90.

AFAIK, Crotale's are with PAF and FM-90 with AADC.

What are the roles of Army Air Defense and Air Force Air Defense? Shouldn't there be an ISAD(Inter-Services Air Defense)?

It appears currently Air Force Air Defense is mostly responsible of guarding its own assets like bases, radar station etc.

While army air defense has more wider responsibility of guarding Army Formations, Important Strategic Installations [nuclear sites, command & control centers], important road and rail links (e.g. bridges), important cities with industrial complex & ports(e.g. Islamabad, Karachi, Ormara, Gwader).

AFAIK, Crotale's are with PAF and FM-90 with AADC.
FM 90 is improved form of crotales that was what I trying to say.:-)

What are the roles of Army Air Defense and Air Force Air Defense? Shouldn't there be an ISAD(Inter-Services Air Defense)?

It appears currently Air Force Air Defense is mostly responsible of guarding its own assets like bases, radar station etc.

While army air defense has more wider responsibility of guarding Army Formations, Important Strategic Installations [nuclear sites, command & control centers], important road and rail links (e.g. bridges), important cities with industrial complex & ports(e.g. Islamabad, Karachi, Ormara, Gwader).
There r 2 components of air defence one is detection and other one is shooting down the intruder , Paf AD is responsible for overall air space of Pakistan and all components of navy and army are connected with it not vice versa .
Paf has covered all area of Pakistan as far as detection is concerned all army's cantonments , af bases and navy installations and strategic locations.
In this regard army is using detection components only over its aaa's now comes shooting intruder , paf is giving cover to all af bases and "nuclear installations" where as army is giving cover to all those things u mentioned . But I agree we should have a combine air defence force.

FM 90 is improved form of crotales that was what I trying to say.:-)

There r 2 components of air defence one is detection and other one is shooting down the intruder , Paf AD is responsible for overall air space of Pakistan and all components of navy and army are connected with it not vice versa .
Paf has covered all area of Pakistan as far as detection is concerned all army's cantonments , af bases and navy installations and strategic locations.
In this regard army is using detection components only over its aaa's now comes shooting intruder , paf is giving cover to all af bases and "nuclear installations" where as army is giving cover to all those things u mentioned . But I agree we should have a combine air defence force.

Army ADC has SAM's for specific roles. FM-90 is for dealing with drones, cruise missiles and PGMs and is active with holding corps. LY-80 defends important installations.

Ops (detection & targeting) of these SAMs is probably the responsibility of PAF. I hope they are fully integrated with PAF's network and proper IFF arrangements are in place.

Army ADC has SAM's for specific roles. FM-90 is for dealing with drones, cruise missiles and PGMs and is active with holding corps. LY-80 defends important installations.

Ops (detection & targeting) of these SAMs is probably the responsibility of PAF. I hope they are fully integrated with PAF's network and proper IFF arrangements are in place.
LY 80 is new addition u r gonna see good news regarding a major sam for paf being used for vital installation.They are fully integrated with PAF's network and proper IFF arrangements are in place for All installations. AOC ADC is also member of National Security committee of pakistan.

LY 80 is new addition u r gonna see good news regarding a major sam for paf being used for vital installation.They are fully integrated with PAF's network and proper IFF arrangements are in place for All installations. AOC ADC is also member of National Security committee of pakistan.

PAF is cash strapped. I don't have the expectations.

They do are cash strapped but I got some signals that something is cooking.
Just an FYI ... but the Denel Dynamics Umkhonto is a pretty affordable system. The Umkhonto IR has a range of 20 km and there's an updated version in development (Umkhonto EIR/35 km range). But Algeria paid about $60 m to fit the Umkhonto to two of its frigates, each with 32 VLS cells plus 100 missiles, FCS and integration costs. That is two batteries, which isn't a bad price at all. In contrast to the Spada 2000-Plus, the Umkhonto IR works with the FCR guiding the missile via INS and then a terminal-stage IR seeker kicking in at the end. Just saying.

Just an FYI ... but the Denel Dynamics Umkhonto is a pretty affordable system. The Umkhonto IR has a range of 20 km and there's an updated version in development (Umkhonto EIR/35 km range). But Algeria paid about $60 m to fit the Umkhonto to two of its frigates, each with 32 VLS cells plus 100 missiles, FCS and integration costs. That is two batteries, which isn't a bad price at all. In contrast to the Spada 2000-Plus, the Umkhonto IR works with the FCR guiding the missile via INS and then a terminal-stage IR seeker kicking in at the end. Just saying.
Maybe, But I don't think Paf gonna look for A sam with same range of Spada , The vibes I got are that they are looking for a Big ticket Purchase in cat of longer range SAM as compared to Spada and crotales who would replace crotales and they will convert some MOU sqn's into SAM sqn's.

Maybe, But I don't think Paf gonna look for A sam with same range of Spada , The vibes I got are that they are looking for a Big ticket Purchase in cat of longer range SAM as compared to Spada and crotales who would replace crotales and they will convert some MOU sqn's into SAM sqn's.

If they want to upgrade the Crotale's, why look for their replacement ?
What are those MOU squadrons?

one question about ly 80 or hq 16 which one do we have? is it the semi active A version or active guided B version.

Back
Top Bottom