What's new

PAF & Rafale Story Will Not Go Away !

Will rafale allow us to get close enough to target it with IR missile???
RAFALE not a Stealth Jet but has reduce radar cross section, can easily be detected by AWACS/ Block-3 AESA, long range ground based AESA radars like MTP-77 from USA, from different angles so we can able to detect RAFALE early and PL-15 on Block-3 will finish the job in BVR arena @Haris Ali2140

I read up on some of the disclosed capabilities of Rafale and apparently the Fighter has a sensor and EW suite that makes it virtually stealth to threats which means that the Jet is not easy to acquire on the radars or lock. The technology reminded of something I read about the F-16 vs F-22 exercises in which F-16 pilots said that even though they could see the F-22 with their eyes, their radars could not see the F-22 and hence they were unable to shoot it down.........there was only 1 F-22 shot down in that exercise and that was with a cannon; the ratio was 122:1 in favor of the F-22 and even the F-16 that eventually shot down the F-22 was allowed to re-spawn in the middle of the battle after being shot down itself.
The best bet is to scare Indians from using Rafale aggressively againat PAF. The more freely they use it against PAF, the more it gets probable to shoot it down.

I read up on some of the disclosed capabilities of Rafale and apparently the Fighter has a sensor and EW suite that makes it virtually stealth to threats which means that the Jet is not easy to acquire on the radars or lock. The technology reminded of something I read about the F-16 vs F-22 exercises in which F-16 pilots said that even though they could see the F-22 with their eyes, their radars could not see the F-22 and hence they were unable to shoot it down.........there was only 1 F-22 shot down in that exercise and that was with a cannon; the ratio was 122:1 in favor of the F-22 and even the F-16 that eventually shot down the F-22 was allowed to re-spawn in the middle of the battle after being shot down itself.
Will rafale allow us to get close enough to target it with IR missile???
AIM 120 can be fired through IRST/FLIR
f16 irst.jpg

Last edited:
So it means we are screwd when IAF gets hand on Rafale?

Back
Top Bottom