What's new

PAF ordered to shoot down US drones invading Pakistani airspace: Air Chief Sohail Aman

Dude, seriously?

F-22 and F-35 are equipped with some of the most powerful sensors yet devised and you need to understand how they function. Go through all the links that I have provided above. This discussion will also help you: http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9268

For the F-35: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/unde...on-system-of-f-35-jsf-for-the-dummies.472240/

I have gone through some of the links you posted, but was unable to find info that can establish f-22/35 as invulnerable to jamming, especially by a dedicated EW platform like EA18G or J-16D. Could you point it out ?

Even if you (somehow) manage to interfere with the sensors of a single aircraft (F22 or F35), it can draw information from other assets (F22; F35; AWACS; more). For example: http://www.sldinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/21st-Century-Approach-to-Tron-Warfare.pdf

Provided it can still communicate with the other assets and provided the other assets are not effected, depends on how good the EW platforms are and the type of jamming employed.
Yes their sensors are very powerful but they still use electromagnetic spectrum to target, track and communicate, the laws of physics still apply to them.

F/A-18 needs a carrier to operate from. An AWACS needs a base. A carrier can be engaged with our hypersonic AShM's. A base with cruise and ballistic missiles. No one whose name is not Russia or China is stupid enough to think that they can go toe to toe with the US in and come out on top. They are going to hit the vulnerable bases.
hope some day your post ,would be seen by NORTH korean president leader , & he would be laughing on this post .
If NORTH KOREA can stand up against a so called mighty military power & can tell them to f**k off then PAF has enough of power to take down a unmanned drone anytime its willing .
point is PAF will test , the local command of the USAF sitting in Afghanistan , cause they aren't in any position to wage a war against a considerable regional power like pakistan .
so good call by our AIR CHIEF , that not everything will happen as what a crack head of state like Donald Trump wants .
he needs to know that there is a world out of his dam twitter ?

Last edited:
I have gone through some of the links you posted, but was unable to find info that can establish f-22/35 as invulnerable to jamming, especially by a dedicated EW platform like EA18G or J-16D. Could you point it out ?

Provided it can still communicate with the other assets and provided the other assets are not effected, depends on how good the EW platforms are and the type of jamming employed.
Yes their sensors are very powerful but they still use electromagnetic spectrum to target, track and communicate, the laws of physics still apply to them.

Hi,

You are missing on something---the laws are physics are created new for the F22/F35's---.

All that EW Platform is nearly useless, when all communication is using a satellite and its secured private network. new generation of encrypted layered warfare is to hack/penetrated. pakistan still needs to work on cyber warfare .No frequency tuning to listen to comms.

Lets hope for the best. The capability is there, only time will tell.
CAPABILITY HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE. drone is slow moving and does zero evasive manoeuvres so just send k8s or even f6. more than sufficient against any drone. use guns not missiles.

:angel: Magical Rays can be fired to Jam the electronics, Comm Links to crash and use it for reverse engineering.

I think sending a low equipped fighter to intercept a Stealth Fighter will be a mistake , if we are truly looking to brought down a Stealth platform lets treat it like Cruise missile which has the lowest RCS . Ground based Radar ( if ) able to pick the signature of a Stealth fighter, you can easily set up a trap for it ..Serbians leave us a better example to follow :)
true that But sending swamp of JF 17 can also help us J.K , Btw I do agree regarding Serbs thing, As I said before also F 22 isnt hawwa it was a threat and big one 10 years ago but not now although it is but not that big one .:D
It will be a network of radars, awacs picking up F 22 and IT IS PICKING UP. :flame:

All that EW Platform is nearly useless, when all communication is using a satellite and its secured private network. new generation of encrypted layered warfare is to hack/penetrated. pakistan still needs to work on cyber warfare .No frequency tuning to listen to comms.

Well i doubt EW platforms are "nearly useless" as you put it or else we wouldn't see all those countries like U.S. Russia, China and others spending top resources on developing new EW platforms now would we?
Secured private network/encryption, that's to do with hacking, a totally different thing altogether, i wasn't talking about that.
I was talking about Electronic warfare, not cyber warfare. Definition on the Wikipedia article:

Electronic warfare (EW) is any action involving the use of the electromagnetic spectrum or directed energy to control the spectrum, attack of an enemy, or impede enemy assaults via the spectrum. The purpose of electronic warfare is to deny the opponent the advantage of, and ensure friendly unimpeded access to, the EM spectrum. EW can be applied from air, sea, land, and space by manned and unmanned systems, and can target humans, communications, radar, or other assets.

For example, searching EW platform, the second link is an article about Russian 'krasukha' EW system produced by KRET corporation, it describes 3 such systems:

krasukha: The Krasukha's primary targets are airborne radio-electronics (such as UAVs) and airborne systems guided by radar
Krasukha-2: The Krasukha-2 is intended to jam AWACS at ranges of up to 250 kilometres (160 mi).[3][4] The Krasukha-2 is also able to jam other airborne radars, such as radar guided missiles
Krasukha-4: Like the Krasukha-2, the Krasukha-4 counters AWACS and other airborne radar systems. The Krasukha-4 has the range for effectively disrupting low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites and can cause permanent damage to targeted radio-electronic devices.[2][5] Ground based radars are also a viable target for the Krasukha-4.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasukha_EW_System

It seems all the major military powers take EW warfare quite seriously.

The F-22/F-35 are not invulnerable to jamming but "incredibly difficult to jam."

FYI: http://www.sldinfo.com/whitepapers/the-f-35-and-advanced-sensor-fusion/

Keep in mind that F-22 Raptor can not only detect targets from over 300 miles away but incorporate powerful electronic warfare capabilities of its own. Another thing is that the radar on the F-22 changes frequencies over 1,000 times per second to deter detection by enemy forces.

In-fact, good luck in the attempts to jam all of the sensor systems of an entire squadron of F-22 Raptors mid-flight.

Secondly, they are subjected to all kinds of countermeasures in the RED FLAG exercises*: https://theaviationist.com/tag/lockheed-martin-f-22-raptor/page/11/

*they learn to fight in disadvantaged conditions:

"One priority is learning how to carry out missions in hostile territory when radar is offline, radio links are compromised, and GPS signals are jammed."

This article is very telling: http://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/raptor-strikes-180957782/#2hJkwdlZUFufxuBS.99

And I don't need to highlight their kill ratios in simulated attacks, do I?

----

A number of members here are literally clueless about the capabilities of these two aircraft, brother. They just look at the shape of these aircraft and imagine passive radars.

Saddam Hussein had similar mindset. God help us.

Last edited:
The F-22/F-35 are not invulnerable to jamming but "incredibly difficult to jam."

FYI: http://www.sldinfo.com/whitepapers/the-f-35-and-advanced-sensor-fusion/

Keep in mind that F-22 Raptor can not only detect targets from over 300 miles away but incorporate powerful electronic warfare capabilities of its own. Another thing is that the radar on the F-22 changes frequencies over 1,000 times per second to deter detection by enemy forces.

In-fact, good luck in the attempts to jam all of the sensor systems of an entire squadron of F-22 Raptors mid-flight.

Secondly, they are subjected to all kinds of countermeasures in the RED FLAG exercises*: https://theaviationist.com/tag/lockheed-martin-f-22-raptor/page/11/

*they learn to fight in disadvantaged conditions:

"One priority is learning how to carry out missions in hostile territory when radar is offline, radio links are compromised, and GPS signals are jammed."

This article is very telling: http://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/raptor-strikes-180957782/#2hJkwdlZUFufxuBS.99

And I don't need to highlight their kill ratios in simulated attacks, do I?

----

A number of members here are literally clueless about the capabilities of these two aircraft, brother. They just look at the shape of these aircraft and imagine passive radars.

Saddam Hussein had similar mindset. God help us.

A single weapon is just a weapon u seem to b clue less alot about strategic calculus... sending f 22 against pak will mean serious repercussions which US may not afford...

Supply line is least... afghan war will be lost... any thing serious may mean a nuclear stand off...

So they can take their f22s and shove them

Please keep in mind we are only saying we would put drone down only if it violates... than escalation is up to them... I m sure calculations have been done about escalation .... this is Pakistan... not iraq

Back
Top Bottom