What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

As per my understanding, the interface issue was nothing more than a software glitch and it was resolved a little while ago. Now, the issue that CAS aircrafts are not equipped with BVRs does not make sense as JFT is designed as a multirole aircraft from the beginning. Yes, we have not seen it with BVR but then we have also not seen it with LGBs or have we? In terms of radar, whether it is KLJ-7 or 10, both are fully multimode pulse doppler radars that have emerged after stiff competition from Russian, Israeli and other Chinese domestic firms which include Wuxi (the makers of JL-10A radar of JH-7A). What i heard is that both radars have same amount of functions and very low sidelobe signals while active. KLJ-7 also has a marvelous anti jamming capability that has exceeded any radar in PAF which includes Grifo M series and has impressed PAF to such an extent that they are now seriously considering block 2 radar from NRIET as well. This development is a major factor why Pakistan wants another avionics package that consist both indigenous as well as Chinese components because the price/performance parameters they offer are un-matched by any other contender.

You are quite right. It also because of the fact that the technology that is used in these jets cannot be accessible to the indians who can with foreign help develop its ECCM and we would be nothing more than a siting duck. As far as i know PAF is looking towards the Chinese AESA Radar and missiles and may be we are working on our own one also.:pakistan::cheers::pakistan:
Wait and seee what's going to happen:coffee::pop::smokin:

I don't know whether its appropriate or not to post video of EF 2000 in JF-17 section but it is related to Farnborough air show, so if the MODs feel any inconvenience with this video they can move this to other appropriate section.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the WMD-7 pod, PAF set the benchmark of Third Generation pod that should work as a targeting, lasing, spot tracker and FLIR sensor and this reminds me of Damocles, Litenning 3 and ATFLIR but should be affordable. Sniper is still ahead of this pod as it has no analogues in the world even today. WMD-7 is a versatile sensor that sports all the technologies of a third gen sensor but it lacks MTBF of Damocles, Litenning 3 but small margin. Wonderful addition to our existing night fighting capabilities !

As per its current configuration, the KG 300G jamming pod is more capable than already functional and proven ALQ-131 jamming pod of f-16s and provides more working modes, robust frequency jamming and better aircraft protection in all dimensions. Also, it has a modular design and since its induction, it is already upgraded three times and offers maximum functionality to host aircraft. The jamming pod is designed to counter land-based, airborne, and naval radars at I/J bands, particularly pulse Doppler radars. The pod is highly digitized, and can be installed on a variety of platforms from helicopters to heavy bombers. The system adopts modular design and with open architecture software programming, and it is fully automatic, though human intervention is also optional. In addition to automatic warning, the system can also automatically select and implement the best form of countermeasure. The system is highly adaptive and can be integrated as an overall self defense system with other avionics such as RWR, and is compatible with MIL-STD-1553B standard. Built –in-test (BITE) function is also incorporated.

Although generally used for self defense, the BM/KG300G can also be used as part of the offensive weaponry by deploying it in the way similar to that of EA-6B when deployed with anti-radar and air-to-surface missiles, but the launching sequence of the missile must be completed by human operators. The next generation BM/KG300G pod is already in development and is designed to MIL-STD-1773 standard.

2zjhqwp.jpg

Also the fact that KG-300G can be carried as an internal as well as external sensor provides more flexibility and it is about half the weight of ALQ 131. JFT already has an internally mounted KG 300 enhanced jamming system as of now.

@Scrumpy: Where are you? You promised pictures of JF-17 from farnborough!!!
You really disappointed me as well as many those who were waiting for you to post some beautiful pictures :undecided::undecided:

I hope I satisfied you :).

Sorry, was away for 2 days. I have been completely exhausted processing approximately 14 G of photographs and decided to take a break from computers.

Report from Thursday:
What an awful start to the day. There were torrential downpours in the morning. Luckily, most of the rains cleared by afternoon when the flying display stated. However there was still large amounts of cloud cover which made the pictures look dull.

Report from Friday:
Better start to the day. There is still scope for improvement though. Today was the Futures day where children from about 120 schools were invited to the event. It was also enthusiasts day today. There was a much fuller lineup of aircraft today. The appearance of the Lancaster bomber made it very interesting. The Red Arrows were definitely the highlight of the day.

Weather report for tomorrow
BBC Weather | GU14
appears to be good. So I should be at the show tomorrow. Watch out for an Indian guy with a camera at the JF 17 counter tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom