Diameter:---------0.127m------------0.127m---------------0.127m
Wingspan:---------0.657m------------0.657m--------------0.617m
Launch Weight:----148kg-------------148kg----------------83kg
Max Range:--------16km--------------16km----------------16~18km
Min Range:---------1.3km-------------1.3km----------------0.5km
Speed:--------------Mach--------------2.2 Mach-------------2.2 Mach 2.2
G Limit:-------------20G---------------30G-------------------40G
Guidance:-----------Infrared-----------Infrared---------------Infrared
Warhead:-----------6kg blast fragmentation (IR-fuse), or expanding rod (RF-fuse)

Last update: 12 October 2008

my question is the missile fitted on JF-17 at FAS is designated as PL-5EII eo its the advance version can any one provide the specs of it mean what are the improvemwnt from PL-5E??????
some can be seen in above table that PL-5E's weight is reduced to just 83Kg and can do 40g manuver "more egile" and also inceased range..

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Last edited:
Specifications

--------------------PL-5B--------------PL-5C---------------- PL-5E
Length:------------3.128m------------3.128m--------------2.893m
Diameter:---------0.127m------------0.127m---------------0.127m
Wingspan:---------0.657m------------0.657m--------------0.617m
Launch Weight:----148kg-------------148kg----------------83kg
Max Range:--------16km--------------16km----------------16km
Min Range:---------1.3km-------------1.3km----------------0.5km
Speed:--------------Mach--------------2.2 Mach-------------2.2 Mach 2.2
G Limit:-------------20G---------------30G-------------------40G
Guidance:-----------Infrared-----------Infrared---------------Infrared
Warhead:-----------6kg blast fragmentation (IR-fuse), or expanding rod (RF-fuse)

Last update: 12 October 2008

my question is the missile fitted on JF-17 at FAS is designated as PL-5EII eo its the advance version can any one provide the specs of it mean what are the improvemwnt from PL-5E??????
some can be seen in above table that PL-5E's weight is reduced to just 83Kg and can do 40g manuver "more egile" and also inceased range..

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Apparently the PL-5EII has a more advanced sensor and a smokeless motor. Will dig out what I have on it. Please note the max range remains 16km.

Missiles&

Apparently the PL-5EII has a more advanced sensor and a smokeless motor. Will dig out what I have on it. Please note the max range remains 16km.

PL5EII_5.jpg

thanks for the info

i missed on my par

its 16 to 18Km on website

China readies J-10A fighter for export - upiasia.com

Short-range missiles include the new-generation PL-5EII and PL-9C. The PL-5EII is equipped with a multichannel infrared seeker, the latest laser proximity fuse, and a rocket motor with a non-smoke propellant.

Interesting enough, the missile in the video is smoking. My guess is, since "testing" is done in stages, some/maybe all tests, my not be affect by the selection of a PL-5E or PL-5EII, considering they are testing the plane and not the missile. They would therefore use the older (somewhat outdated ... ...?) PL-5E and keep the "II"s for "business".

Last edited:
i believe its a targeting pod

Yeup you are right and this is used for laser designation as well as IRS&T. But i believe as i heard about the proposed F-16IN fro MMRCA that it would have an integrated IRS&T then i thought that JF-17 could also had that as we have gain that tech through FALCO IRS&T and its version could be fitted to the JF-17 and there is some space if you have seen it forward to the front landing gear. Hopefully they might be working on it at PAC.:pakistan::cheers::pakistan:

I think no one noted that the Fuel tanks have been redesigned and instead of the earlier bulgy/odd looking tanks, now they have stream-line aerodynamic fuel tanks. That's i was thinking about it since the begining when first pics of it seen with tanks but now it looks like of those western fighters.:pakistan::cheers::china::smitten::woot::flame::cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom