What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

RedArrows_2.jpg

Impression of event and accommodations built at the 2006 Farnborough International Airshow.

Last edited by a moderator:
check at 2:26 Pak-China flag. what was on display in 2006?

Flightglobal and FLIR Systems team up to stream live video of Farnborough International Airshow 2010

Flightglobal and FLIR Systems have teamed up to provide exclusive live video streaming of this year’s Farnborough International Airshow aerial displays.
For the first time, people will be able to watch the aerial footage from their computers and smart phones.
FLIR will use high definition sensor system, Star SAFIRE® HD , which will be based in the Flightglobal Media Chalet ideally sited next to the runway, to capture the daily air display.
Once the video is captured, the airshow footage will then be processed by a powerful on-site server, which will then seamlessly stream the video out to the web.

The video will be hosted through popular streaming site USTREAM.tv, giving aircraft lovers around the world a rare chance see aircraft such as the Lockheed Martin F-22, Airbus A400M and maybe even the airshow debut of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner.
The live stream will be available on Flightglobal’s unbeatable airshow channel, and visitors with their own non-commercial blogs and web pages are welcome to grab the embedded code to share with their friends.
Online and digital development editor at Flightglobal Michael Targett says: “This year, we want to bring the real Farnborough experience to the thousands of people that couldn’t make it. Teaming up with FLIR Systems to provide live video of the fantastic aerial displays goes a long way to making that a reality.”
Earl Lewis, Chairman and CEO of FLIR Systems says: “We are very excited to partner with Flightglobal to broadcast the Farnborough International Airshow aerial display to the rest of the world.
“It is through our system’s geo-tracking capabilities that we are able to maintain a steady hold on the flying aircraft making it a better viewing experience for the internet audience.”

Flightglobal and FLIR Systems team up to stream live video of Farnborough International Airshow 2010

Farnborough Flying Display: Farnborough Flying Display

Are you a professional photographer???:D
Now I am confident that we will be having super sexy pics of JF17!!!!:chilli:

Please work hard on our baby! I am sure you will be having big traffic on you site.. I will surly set it as my home page...:P

BTW few beautiful video clips will also be welcomed with open heart...:D:D[/QUOTE

I will do my best and let you know what I come up with

Thunder at Farnborough as the JF-17 arrives.

Gareth Stringer reports on the arrival of the JF-17 Thunder at Farnborough for the aircraft's public debut in the west. Images by Paul Dopson.
Well, it created a stir when it was announced and despite weeks of uncertainty the JF-17 Thunder has finally arrived in Hampshire for the Farnborough Airshow.
Developed jointly by the Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation of China, the Pakistan Air Force and the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, the aircraft is designated as "JF-17" in Pakistan (Joint Fighter-17) and as "FC-1" in China (an abbreviation of "Fighter China-1).
Its appearance for the static display at Farnborough 2010, with a C-130 on support duty, highlights its export potential to the air forces of other developing countries as a cost-effective alternative to higher-tech, but far more expensive, Western fighters.

Developed primarily to meet the requirements of the Pakistan Air Force, JF-17 is a low-cost, multi-role combat aircraft and was seen as an ideal replacement for its ageing mixed fleet of Nanchang A-5, Chengdu F-7P / PG and Dassault Mirage III / V fighters.
The maiden test flight of the first prototype took place during 2003 in China with deliveries to the Pakistan Air Force for further flight testing and evaluation beginning in 2007; with the aircraft's first airshow demonstration also taking place that year in Islamabad. The Pakistan Air Force’s first JF-17 squadron officially stood up in February 2010.

The JF-17 is expected to cost approximately US$15 million per unit with the Pakistan Air Force confirming an order for 150 aircraft, although this may increase to 250.
According to Pakistani officials, Azerbaijan, Zimbabwe and eight other countries have allegedly expressed interest in purchasing the JF-17 and we look forward to seeing the aircraft close up at Farnborough next week.

Thunder at Farnborough as the JF-17 arrives.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

a.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Will the 787 be flying i have been hearing conflicting reports on it.

Back
Top Bottom