What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

JF-17 Arrives In Farnborough

1+(1).jpg

this is what a member had to say at Pak Def:

"I spoke to an AVM today and he told me that the ac are "flying" to fambrough and made refueling stops, one inthe middle east (Saudi arabia if i recall correctly) and the other in turkey. He also informed me that the ac will indeed be "taking part in flying demos" at the airshow.
The interest shown in the ac during all the stop overs has been massive to say the least.
The ACM is also heading to fambrough. "

So, there is still hope and chance of JF-17 flying at the show, if they traveled so far by crossing air spaces of difference countries and Europeans ones too, it means its radio system is now compatible or able to interface with the ones being used in Europe, thus it has cleared the main hurdle due to which it was not to be flown.

this is what a member had to say at Pak Def:

"I spoke to an AVM today and he told me that the ac are "flying" to fambrough and made refueling stops, one inthe middle east (Saudi arabia if i recall correctly) and the other in turkey. He also informed me that the ac will indeed be "taking part in flying demos" at the airshow.
The interest shown in the ac during all the stop overs has been massive to say the least.
The ACM is also heading to fambrough. "

Farnboruogh info says the JF-17's are static..
And they had a low fuel problem as well..

Farnboruogh info says the JF-17's are static..
And they had a low fuel problem as well..

And the website also says that the flying program is subject to change, minus or plus depending upon operational requirements or any other unknown reasons. So may be yet flying thing is not finalized or that the website has not been updated yet.

Plus, low fuel is a common thing as they flew thousands of miles supposedly after their last stop over in Turkey, i just had measured the distances and it was in thousands of KMs of journey they traveled from just Turkey.

And getting refueled as per that website may mean, it would be flying further.

True...
either that or they'll surprise everybody..
"nobody's looking.. go go.. takeoff takeoff." :D

Its quite probable though that it was on the edge of its range..
So it its last fuel stop was in Turkey.. that makes the clean ferry range to..3000km??
Nah.. they must have made one more stop in between.

will jf-17 be flying in the farnborough air show ???

Last edited:
True...
either that or they'll surprise everybody..
"nobody's looking.. go go.. takeoff takeoff." :D

Its quite probable though that it was on the edge of its range..
So it its last fuel stop was in Turkey.. that makes the clean ferry range to..3000km??
Nah.. they must have made one more stop in between.

It would be fun, if they do something like that, a big surprise to everyone. :)

Anyway, i used Google Earth for rough comparisons, if the JF-17s had flown at full tanks from Karachi to lets suppose Riyadh in SA, it would be approx 2,100KM. and then from Riyadh to lets suppose Ankara, it would be approx 2,200KM and then from Ankara to Farnborough, its approx 2,800KM. These are supposed stop overs, if they had landed somewhere further up in Turkey, lets suppose Istanbul from Riyadh, it would approx 2,450KM and from Istanbul to Faranborough it would be approx 2,500KM.

And as per specifications, JF-17s ferry range is 3,000KM, which would be at full external fuel tanks, which we did saw in the pictures to be laden with 3 large external fuel tanks with no extra load, meaning it was at full fuel capacity, thus if my calculations aren't that much wrong, its very doable for JF-17 to have made it to Faranborough with 2 stopovers in Middle East, most probably KSA and then to Turkey and from there straight to UK.

:what::what:
Confirmed? Who confirmed that? How you reached to this conclusion???:what:
Taimi post again made confusion ...I don't know what reality is but i was refering to this part of the news

Its appearance for the static display at Farnborough 2010, with a C-130 on support duty, highlights its export potential to the air forces of other developing countries as a cost-effective alternative to higher-tech, but far more expensive, Western fighters.

Back
Top Bottom