What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

I did not buy a grandstand ticket the last time. I am not sure what advantage it gives you. With the general ticket, they let you get to the barricade just before the airstrip. There are lots of opportunities to get good photographs.

The atmosphere is like a fair in there with lots of vans selling food and lots of space to lay down your mat to have a picnic. If you get a portable chair and you do manage to find some space next to the barricade, you can just lay it there and watch the air show sitting on the ring side.

Also make sure you take a nice pair of sunglasses since you will be doing a lot of staring at empty skies :)

thanks you answered my question
I have seen the footage it seems to be the chairs like in a stadiam stairs
but like any exhibition one is mostly moving a bout buying food and all that so it may not be needed

I think true to the English tradition an umbrella should be kept handy on top of sunglasses and sun cream

if you are coming then hope to catch you there

Last edited:
I believe it should be making an appearance for all 7 days of the air show. Only 2 of these days are open for the public. This means that people will be able to enter the airport only on these 2 public days. However it is easy for you to get a good view of the planes while standing outside on any of the days.

Trust me, there will be a number of plane spotters and photographers on the fences waiting to see the planes. I'll definitely let you guys know as soon as I see a JF 17 in the air. This should be before the airshow is even open for trade members. Pictures should follow soon after that.
PM me your mobile number please i will call you before one week's time. You seems to be a helpful guy to me :cheers:

Would it be safe to say that the PAF will be sending the following model:

Or would they go for the grey cammo? Would be interesting to see which way they go...

Pakistan air force needs to improve their air tattoos. Pak or Pak-China flags on thunder with gray paint scheme would look more decent then copy pasting entire flags on the air craft which looks bit ******.
IMO thunder storm paint scheme on entire aircraft would really steal the air show!

yes i'll be there with my cousins :smitten:

I will contact you when a week or two is left so if you are interested all of us (all forum members welcome) can get together and spend some nice time around :yahoo:

Hope to see you there in Farnborough :pakistan:

sounds like a good idea! btw where do you live?

It really rejoicing moment to see Pakistani product (co-produced with china)
in this airshow. Awesum

Waiting 2 see Thunder making thunder storm in the air show .
Best of luck to Paf pilots .

Long Live my :pakistan:

Following article is posted with the courtesy and permission of AirForces Monthly

scan0001-21.jpg

Last edited:
great! looks like we are gonna see quite alot of pakdef members in the show.

yeah :smitten:

Growler i am back in London now.......... please PM me your mobile number - Salaam dua kar lain ge :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom