What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

Whoever makes it to the airshow, make sure you carry a small FM receiver. When the planes are out in the air, there is a running commentary on the display available over FM.

Farnborough Int Airshow Radio
87.7 FM - Farnborough
Airshow broadcast
On air from: 12/07/10 to 25/07/10

Note that last time, it was on 106.8 FM.

Last edited:
All right fellows , i request those who are visiting the show to please get some pictures and videos-- i wish i could go but its a bloody long way.

All right fellows , i request those who are visiting the show to please get some pictures and videos-- i wish i could go but its a bloody long way.

Bro plzz try to take some pic's for us.. thx :cheers:

bro, i have to find out which day the Jf-17 is going to perform air show and that is going to be my day. Btw are you also planning to go their?
yes i'll be there with my cousins :smitten:

I will contact you when a week or two is left so if you are interested all of us (all forum members welcome) can get together and spend some nice time around :yahoo:

Hope to see you there in Farnborough :pakistan:

yes i'll be there with my cousins :smitten:

I will contact you when a week or two is left so if you are interested all of us (all forum members welcome) can get together and spend some nice time around :yahoo:

Hope to see you there in Farnborough :pakistan:

You and Growler are busted if the pictures aren't good enough:D

self delete

Last edited:
Whoever makes it to the airshow, make sure you carry a small FM receiver. When the planes are out in the air, there is a running commentary on the display available over FM.

Farnborough Int Airshow Radio
87.7 FM - Farnborough
Airshow broadcast
On air from: 12/07/10 to 25/07/10

Note that last time, it was on 106.8 FM.

thanks for that
I will just take the portable FM radio for that.
by the way the entry tickets are availabe for 25 pounds but the grand stand are not although the website says that they are advance buy too but there is no option to buy them

looks like I will have to buy the entry tickets only and try to buy grand stand on that day which might be more expensive.
not sure what I will be missing if I dont get the grand stand as we will be looking up and the static displays should be about moving from one stall to another

what do you say?

Does anybody know on which day the Thunder is supposed to make an appearance ?

I'll be there God willing, having been to 2006 and 2008 it's a good day out. Took loads of pics and videos then, will do again and look to share here.

Can't wait to see the Thunder, been very excited since it was announced.

Btw, hi to all, I believe this is my first post :wave:

for general public only available days are 24th and 25th of July and it is flying on both days if you check the link I provided in the earlier post in this thread

it says daily flight display. since the show will open up for public on last 2 days so I can only says that it will be on both days on weekend

for general public only available days are 24th and 25th of July and it is flying on both days if you check the link I provided in the earlier post in this thread

it says daily flight display. since the show will open up for public on last 2 days so I can only says that it will be on both days on weekend

Thx man, hope I can get my Visa and get there on time.

thanks for that
I will just take the portable FM radio for that.
by the way the entry tickets are availabe for 25 pounds but the grand stand are not although the website says that they are advance buy too but there is no option to buy them

looks like I will have to buy the entry tickets only and try to buy grand stand on that day which might be more expensive.
not sure what I will be missing if I dont get the grand stand as we will be looking up and the static displays should be about moving from one stall to another

what do you say?

I did not buy a grandstand ticket the last time. I am not sure what advantage it gives you. With the general ticket, they let you get to the barricade just before the airstrip. There are lots of opportunities to get good photographs.

The atmosphere is like a fair in there with lots of vans selling food and lots of space to lay down your mat to have a picnic. If you get a portable chair and you do manage to find some space next to the barricade, you can just lay it there and watch the air show sitting on the ring side.

Also make sure you take a nice pair of sunglasses since you will be doing a lot of staring at empty skies :)

Last edited:
In case any of you are there on the days before the public display, you can get a good view of the runway from this point.

farnborough - Google Maps

Please be aware that this place is full of plane spotters on any give weekend. So be sure it is going to be full on the days of the air show.

I believe it should be making an appearance for all 7 days of the air show. Only 2 of these days are open for the public. This means that people will be able to enter the airport only on these 2 public days. However it is easy for you to get a good view of the planes while standing outside on any of the days.

Trust me, there will be a number of plane spotters and photographers on the fences waiting to see the planes. I'll definitely let you guys know as soon as I see a JF 17 in the air. This should be before the airshow is even open for trade members. Pictures should follow soon after that.

Back
Top Bottom